Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver

Subject Topic: output quality seems poor Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by phoenixrising on January-25-2003 at 2:23am
View phoenixrising's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by phoenixrising Search   Quote phoenixrising Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
phoenixrising
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United Kingdom
January-16-2003
974 Posts
Lo there guys,

I've downloaded the panoweaver trial and it sure is easy to use. Now I seem to have a problem with the quality of the final image which seems very grainy and unsharp. I'm useing cp990 with fc-e8 on fisheye 1 and ae lock. Now I appreciate that the image is of lesser qual. then say doing the 12-18pics cyl. stich consept, but the qual is way off what I've seen here so far. HHmmmm... Grainy. I've even tried hi res for 9mb tif file... still the same result. Would love to show u guys but I'm on trial version as said and am kinda reluctant to purchase if this is the true quality that I'll get. Any ideas could fwd image if easypano don't mind. cheers

I've been useing my cp990 for a yr now and only been really getting into using it over the last three months. So that means that I've still got a wee bit to learn, but I'm not all that bad and have a good general idea of how to use it well and am experimenting away like a madman. I've got access to photoshop and all kinds of other software. I'm fairly new to the media game and am learning lots from scratch. Phew... thats just a brief intro... being new here 'n all.

-------------
If I only had an hour to chop down a tree... I'd spend 45 mins sharpening the axe.

Message posted by 360texas on January-25-2003 at 6:06am
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

Hmmm interesting feed back.  We just finished a 6 pano shopping mall site using Panoweaver 3.01 and got better than fair results.  What do you think?

Yes these are 3 shot FE 1's with a Kiwi990 pan head. 

http://360texas.com/malls/tem/index.htm

Will create a new thread here in a few minutes.

Dave

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by smooth on January-26-2003 at 10:42pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Hi phoenixrising,

Welcome to the forum!

Mate, output quality is restricted in the trial version.

Try using the sample images supplied with the trial, if you like the output by the samples you are seeing what to expect.

You should also check out other forum members pano's put up on the forum as referance.

Hope this helps, Smooth

Message posted by callgary on January-30-2003 at 1:33am
View callgary's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by callgary Search   Quote callgary Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
callgary
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
November-19-2002
59 Posts

Hey phoenixrising-

Which lens setting are you using?  If you're using "NORMAL" the autofocus may the culprit.  Make sure your focus is set to INFINITY (you'll see the "mountain" icon in your LCD. 

Are you using the timer-delay?  When the lens is set to NORMAL the focus changes from INFINITY to CLOSE-UP ("flower" icon), thus blurring your fisheye shots.

The FISHEYE 1 lens setting locks the focus at infinity even when using the timer-delay.

-------------
callgary
E-mail Gary
Every moment is a learning experience. What have I learned today? What have I taught today?

Message posted by phoenixrising on January-30-2003 at 1:50am
View phoenixrising's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by phoenixrising Search   Quote phoenixrising Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
phoenixrising
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United Kingdom
January-16-2003
974 Posts
HHmmm... I had a problem with writing this last post but thxs to newly installed netscape com I now can... whhooopeee.

Smooth: yup that explains alot

Dave: thx for ur tips...

Callgery: funny thing is that I find to get better indoor pix on normal and with autofocus then I do with fe1. infinity setting still makes for lesser qual. But as Smooth says, alot of the qual issue may be due to my trial version.

Do like the idea od the new .exe prog... hhhmmm... bundles... hhhmmmm

-------------
If I only had an hour to chop down a tree... I'd spend 45 mins sharpening the axe.

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register