Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver

Subject Topic: Shopping Mall 6 pano tour - show and tell Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by 360texas on January-25-2003 at 6:09am
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

We just finished a 6 pano shopping mall site using Panoweaver 3.01 and got better than fair results.  What do you think?

Comments are welcome?

http://360texas.com/malls/tem/index.htm

Dave

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by smooth on January-26-2003 at 10:53pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Hey Dave,

Nice work mate!

OK, so now I want all the gossip on your stationary 360Texas logo.

How is this done? Teach me please.

Also what would be a "normal" charge for doing the pano's for the shopping center based on a per pano charge? (without the webpage work)

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by 360texas on January-27-2003 at 12:01am
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

Hmmm.. not sure what you are looking for concerning stationary 360Texas logo??  Are you talking about the tripod cap at the bottom of the pan?

Thats is the most flexible and easiest to do.  Using Photoshop, I made a transparent .gif circle.  Put some text on it.  Then when you are looking at the popup image.... do a view view source and look for this <param code string:

<PARAM name = file value = "ptviewer:0">

<PARAM name = pano0 value =
 "{file=4.jpg}
  {hotspot0= X488 Y488 n'Click to see 360Texas Package Pricing' q i'tcap.gif'}">

What this says is:

ptviewer:0  display this panorama first
pano0 = 4.jpg or the panorama name

Put a hotspot0 at mid point in the image at the bottom x488 pixels from the left and y 488 pixels down from image top. On mouse over a very tiny hotzone display text Click to See 360Texas Pricing.. but I don't have a page URL specified.. so its useless right now.  Then display at the x, y 488 location the transparent file called tcap.gif.

Code stays the same for each popup page displaying the pano.  Only variable would be to change tcap.gif  to your favorite tripod cap image. Just make a new transparent image.. give it a new filename and replace tcap.gif  with yourcap.gif in the code string.

Tripod cap should be transparent and very small file size.  It can be a gif of the continent of Australia, your company logo... or plain text.  Typically the cap should be 200 x 200 pixels square or smaller... to cover up the tripod head in the bottom.

The process is very flexible... code stays the same,  image and filename changes from one project to the next.  AND the tcap.gif sits on a layer and is not a part of the panorama image.

Oh.. what do we normally charge??  Please see our pricing "info page" when selecting Services item in our menu on home page.

Hope this helps 

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by matthias on January-27-2003 at 1:38am
View matthias's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by matthias Search   Visit matthias's Homepage www   Quote matthias Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
matthias
Standard Member
Standard Member
France
January-13-2003
14 Posts

Just two words!!!!

Good work! or perfect stitching!!!

You aren't afraid by ipix patent ( of course not, because of 3 fisheye pictures used)

I 'll realise some pictures like yours in France in several days but maybe with no same results! wait and see!!! ;o)

Matthias from France

Message posted by chadweston on January-27-2003 at 12:05pm
View chadweston's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by chadweston Search   Quote chadweston Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
chadweston
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Kingdom
November-02-2002
37 Posts

Superb shots, they have been taken really well and considering the amount of detail in the shots are pretty seamless.

I am somewhat taken back by the results as I have found the version 3 panogear to be quite a hinderance when producing seamless images, as it is not possible to output a 'layered' photoshop image. I have tended to rely quite heavily on ps to touch-up the photo's afterwards. (in version 2.4) and find myself having difficulty creating seamless wonders like these beauties.

Did you manage to get these results just from Panoweaver or were other softwares used to help with the seams. Sorry to be so negative about the pano software, just teething difficulties I hope, ....

Seaman, do you know if a layered output will be designed into the newer upgrades as in 2.4, I found it essential.

-------------
Welcome to my world

Message posted by smooth on January-28-2003 at 1:14am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the tip mate, I'm on top of it now.

I hadn't even thought to use a layer in this way.  why I'm not sure?

Still, I'm learning fast thanks to you and  the help from this forum and it's friendly members

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by 360texas on January-28-2003 at 5:36am
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

Thank you for the kind words. 

Actually, I used a 990 with a fe.. in FE1 mode..Kiadan kiwi990 pan head adjusted for the proper nodal point and took shot 3 shot series. 

In photoshop7 used the 990's FULL NORMAL res.  2048 x 1536.  PREstitch work flow > rotate ccw 90, cropped eached to 1424 x 1424 and removed the white back ground.

In PW3.01, brought all 3 in and set the x,y and radius to 712  [1424 / 2 = 712]  Did stitch.  Saved out as a CD-r quality 3000 x 1500 12.6mb bmp.

Back in Photoshop - did the necessary clean up.  Yes..there were one or 2 mismatches.  Removed my shadow from the floor carpet. AND  unsharpened to remove the natural Fisheye fuzz.  Saved the final bmp.  Then resized down to 3.7mb.  "Saved for web" and converted to baseline .jpg ONLY 1 time with a new filename.jpg.  Closed the .bmp when asked to save.. say no. Because you saved the .bmp at a larger 3000 x 1500 above. Don't want to save to reduced image dimensions.

Normally we save to .jpg as the last step compressed down to 70 -90kb "Downtown Fort Worth 3Dmap, however, the destination is for a CD-r and shopping mall mini webpage.. so I compromised to around 160kb on this set.  Slower download.. but.. did want you to see them here in the forum.

So now the secret is public - now go try the process and see what you get.  Please do a show and tell for us here in the forum.

Dave

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by callgary on January-28-2003 at 10:09am
View callgary's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by callgary Search   Quote callgary Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
callgary
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
November-19-2002
59 Posts
Great work Dave!  And your helpful attitude is really appreciated.

-------------
callgary
E-mail Gary
Every moment is a learning experience. What have I learned today? What have I taught today?

Message posted by phoenixrising on January-28-2003 at 8:18pm
View phoenixrising's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by phoenixrising Search   Quote phoenixrising Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
phoenixrising
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United Kingdom
January-16-2003
974 Posts
Do like ur work Dave,

am still practising with the demo and getting better shots. Find though that when I do the FE1 mode that the infinity zoom setting results in lack of sharpness. So I just went to no lens attached and pulled the zoom way back and was then able to let the autofocus do the work which does not happen when on FE1. Still get the desired circle pic and better sharpness.
Some questions:
Are there any aperture recommendations for shots say for a room, an indoor hall and outside... so as to gain better sharpness?
Oh yeah, what do u mean with unsharpend to remove the fuzz (my problemo) as I've been doing (oh my software is in German and I have at times translating problems) mask unsharpness.(Photoshop) (cp990)
What soft ware do u use to make the virtual tour layout?

Btw Muchos Gracias for ur invaluable advice and tips.

-------------
If I only had an hour to chop down a tree... I'd spend 45 mins sharpening the axe.

Message posted by smooth on January-30-2003 at 1:35am
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Hi all,

Why was my post removed? (that I left here 29th January)

Did I ask something that was wrong?

I can only guess it was by a moderator, they were just questions and a little praise for Dave/Texas360

I don't understand why it was removed?

Regards, Smooth

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register