Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: "REMEMBER SETTINGS" Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by callgary on January-28-2003 at 1:12am
View callgary's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by callgary Search   Quote callgary Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
callgary
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
November-19-2002
59 Posts

With sincere thanks for this marvelous software (Easypano Panoweaver 3.01) my virtual tours are now created using 3 fisheye images shot in portrait format and the results are consistently excellent!  Thank you Easypano!  And thanks for paying attention to your user group!!!

A couple of very minor modifications would greatly enhance the efficiency of the software.  The ability of the program to "REMEMBER SETTINGS" in two menus would reduce the need to change the "default" settings each time new images are loaded.

1.)  "OPEN HEMISPHERES" menu:
Add a "REMEMBER SETTINGS" checkbox.
At present (v3.01) each time this menu is opened, it defaults to
     Two Hemisphere Files
     Kaidan Pano Head - unchecked
Unless the user wishes to build all panoramas using 2 hemispheres shot in landsape format ("Kaidan" box unchecked), the "FILES OF TYPE" and "KAIDAN" settings must be re-defined each time this menu is accessed.  Only the "Show Image Preview" checkbox setting is saved as the user previously defined it. 
The addition of a "REMEMBER SETTINGS" checkbox would cause the menu to open with the user's preferred settings, thereby saving time and frustration.

2.)  "FISHEYE IMAGE ENCLOSING"
Add a "REMEMBER SETTINGS" checkbox.
At present, the "CENTER" (X and Y coordinates) and "RADIUS" are re-defined, automatically and/or manually, for each hemisphere.  I'd like to be able to input these three values once and check "REMEMBER SETTINGS".
Unless I'm mistaken (someone please correct me if I'm off base here) my camera/lens/lens-setting/size-setting combination is going to produce the same size image and is going to position the fisheye image in the same place within the rectangular image border every time.  If this is true, then it seems that once the centerpoint coordinates and the optimal radius of the fisheye image are determined, these values could be used for each and every fisheye image. Stitching results would be consistently excellent.  Pre-cropping the hemispheres would be unnecessary.

I've experimented with this and here's what I've found.
Equipment & Settings used:
   Nikon CoolPix 990
   Nikon FC-E8 fisheye lens
   Kaidan QuickPan III CS bracket
   Lens Setting - F1 (Fisheye 1)
   Size - Full (2048x1536)
By bringing several fisheye images into PhotoShop, I've found that my CoolPix is mis-aligned, placing the hemisphere slightly off-center.  Using the following values for every hemisphere I am obtaining consistently acceptable results:
          x =  762
          y = 1061
   radius =  710
Therefore, it would be helpful to be able to set these values once and save them.

Thanks again, Easypano!

-------------
callgary
E-mail Gary
Every moment is a learning experience. What have I learned today? What have I taught today?

Message posted by smooth on January-28-2003 at 1:52am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Hi Gary,

All sounds great to me!

Say if we could save a "user preference/template" could even be multiple saves for different reason's like camera's or lens styles etc.

You would just simply select your "saved" setting from a drop down list or saved user settings.

This would be great!

Regards, Smooth 

Message posted by callgary on January-28-2003 at 5:33am
View callgary's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by callgary Search   Quote callgary Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
callgary
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
November-19-2002
59 Posts

Good idea Smooth!

Also, in the SAVE menu, add the ability to remember the selected file type.  At present, unless hte user wishes to save all stitched panoramas as jpegs, the file type must be defined for each "Save".

-------------
callgary
E-mail Gary
Every moment is a learning experience. What have I learned today? What have I taught today?

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register