Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver

Subject Topic: canon 5d Fisheye adapter Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by axelv on November-11-2005 at 12:12pm
View axelv's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by axelv Search   Quote axelv Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
axelv
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
November-09-2005
7 Posts

Hello guys.  I found a company that offers a Canon to Nikon adapter for  Canon 5D for full frame fisheyes.  My question is who is using this same setup and what Head is nodal point ready for this setup.  Does Panoweaver stitch this fisheyes with no problem?  I would like to shoot 3 full fisheyes.

What suggestions do you guys have for me as I intend to purchase the above equipment.  Thanks in advance.

Message posted by smooth on November-11-2005 at 11:48pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

The Nikkor 10.5mm is not a full circular fisheye and you will not be able to use Panoweaver 4.0 and three shots to stitch a panorama.

The Nikkor is a full frame fisheye lens and on a Canon 20D with adaptor etc. It requires 6+1 minimum. With the 5D I'm not 100% how many shot would be needed and if it would work with Panoweaver.

You should also understand that fitting a Nikkor 10.5mm Fisheye to a Canon leaves you without any focus or any on camera way of setting the aperture. You can set this off the camera with some sort of manual adjusting tool like a ice block stick.

Being a full sized sensor camera you would be best suited to a Sigma 8mm fisheye lens and you will be able to shoot with a minimum of 2 shots (three being preferable) for the extra clarity you then would use either the Sigma 15mm fisheye or Canon 15mm fisheye lens. 

If you love the Nikkor 10.5mm (and most do) buy a camera that suits like the Fuji S3 Pro over the Nikon D70s. But you are back to 6+1 minimum.

Regards, Smooth

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register