Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: Thanks Gen. Lee! Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by emarts on November-14-2005 at 9:24am
View emarts's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by emarts Search   Visit emarts's Homepage www   Quote emarts Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
emarts
Gold Member
Gold Member

June-08-2005
188 Posts

For all your help. I got the gig and will be shooting this week. Just wanted to let everyone here know what a valuable asset you are to this community.

Sam

Message posted by 360texas on November-14-2005 at 9:29am
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

I must have had a 'Senior Moment'.  Would you please refresh my memory ?  What project would that be ?

Dave

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by emarts on November-14-2005 at 10:41am
View emarts's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by emarts Search   Visit emarts's Homepage www   Quote emarts Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
emarts
Gold Member
Gold Member

June-08-2005
188 Posts
I have been privately communicating with Troy (Gen. Lee) on bidding on my first commercial project. He gave me excellent advice and I just wanted to thank him.

Here's the skinny on the project. I will be shooting VRs for a multimedia design/website development company. They mostly work with commercial real estate firms. With Troy's help, I was able to come up with a pricing schedule that wouldn't leave me broke in the end and the client is happy with.

I start shooting this week.

Message posted by 360texas on November-14-2005 at 2:56pm
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

Hey thats great news.  Goforit !

Dave

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by Gen. Lee on November-25-2005 at 6:33pm
View Gen. Lee's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Gen. Lee Search   Quote Gen. Lee Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Gen. Lee
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-15-2005
372 Posts

Hi Emarts,

I am very glad I was able to help out. Great news that you got the job.

I have been quite busy in the last 3 weeks. I have been working every day 12 hous a day. For some reason I got slammed with projects this month.

Anyway I have some breathing room now.

Good Job Emarts on bidding the job with those numbers. This goes to show that you can make money at this if you don't try and compete with the lowball, low quality competitors. You will only get it if you ask for it.

In my market it seems there has been a change in the customers attitude about paying for "high quality/full screen" work. It seems that the panorama photography market is maturing some what and the customers are becoming more educated in the products especially knowing the difference between crap and quality.

Rock on........

General Lee

Message posted by emarts on November-29-2005 at 3:02pm
emarts
Gold Member
Gold Member

June-08-2005
188 Posts

Thanks man.

I shot the tour last week and everything seems to be going well. On one of the nodes though, I had a problem with one of the shots. I couldn't get it off the CF card for some strange reason.

I offered to reshoot it for free and I am going there this Thursday. I'll post the tour when it's done.

Message posted by phoenixrising on November-30-2005 at 10:47am
View phoenixrising's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by phoenixrising Search   Quote phoenixrising Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
phoenixrising
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United Kingdom
January-16-2003
974 Posts
Well done... always good to hera that people can make a living with vr tours.

-------------
If I only had an hour to chop down a tree... I'd spend 45 mins sharpening the axe.

Message posted by emarts on December-12-2005 at 11:50am
emarts
Gold Member
Gold Member

June-08-2005
188 Posts

Here's a link to the finished project. Click on "1 Garret Mountain" to see the tour.

http://www.naihanson.com/

Message posted by Thomas on December-12-2005 at 1:15pm
View Thomas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Thomas Search   Visit Thomas's Homepage www   Quote Thomas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Thomas
Gold Member
Gold Member

May-18-2002
157 Posts
Ontrack Easy Recovery works quite good if you have problems with CF cards.

Your project looks good, what about putting your logo or the logo of you client over the nadir to cover the black hole?

Message posted by 360texas on December-12-2005 at 2:56pm
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

The black hole might lead to somewhere important.. just don't step into it.  LOLLLL

Dave

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register