Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver

Subject Topic: 8700 and fc-e9 Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by axelv on November-17-2005 at 2:14pm
View axelv's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by axelv Search   Quote axelv Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
axelv
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
November-09-2005
7 Posts

Why is this combo for cheaper tours disliked so much even though there is more megapixels involved as opossed to the 4500 and fc-e8 or 5000 and fc-e8.  I would think stitching 3 fisheye with the 8700 gives better higher quality than the others with fc-e8.  Any suggestions.

Message posted by 360texas on November-17-2005 at 3:58pm
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

Maybe you have already done this, but do you have a webpage with your panoramas, so we too may take a look ?

Dave

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by RuddersUK on November-17-2005 at 6:21pm
View RuddersUK's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by RuddersUK Search   Visit RuddersUK's Homepage www   Quote RuddersUK Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
RuddersUK
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United Kingdom
July-16-2004
372 Posts
I think it comes down to the quality of the fisheye lens. The FCe9 is a much softer focussing lens than the FCE8. I know there is a chinese company who make adapter rings tho so i think it possible to attach the FCe8 to the 8700 lens adapter but dont know the quality results or anything with this combo so couldnt comment on the quality.

Message posted by Wayne C on November-19-2005 at 4:10pm
View Wayne C's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Wayne C Search   Visit Wayne C's Homepage www   Quote Wayne C Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Wayne C
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Kingdom
November-19-2005
1 Posts

Hi all,

I thought I'd introduce myself, my name is Wayne Casey and I've been producing VT's for about two and a half years and have my own company called TrueView UK (www.trueviewuk.co.uk) based 4 miles outside of Glasgow.

I've been following these forums for a few weeks now and I thought I'd put my two penneth in regarding the FC-E9 lens.

I initially started out using the Nikon 4300 & FC-E8 combo and was pleased with the results they produced, I upgraded to the Nikon 8700 & FC-E9 about 6 months ago and the images it produced were significantly better than the previous kit. I found the E9 lens better to work with especially when it came to lens flare reduction. The quality of the VT's also improved greatly, although, with the 8700 I did find initially that there was an increased problem with fringing, I've now overcome this problem by taking extra images (where necessary) at +- 2 stops.

I must admit that I've been quite impressed at the quality of VT's posted on this forum and I hope that you like the VT's I've produced. You can see some at www.paisley.org.uk

Cheers,

Wayne.

-------------
Fed up of trying to explain the vast advantages of 360 VT's to people who haven't joined the rest of us yet in embracing the technology of the 21st century!!
Rant Over.

Message posted by davidosorio on November-25-2005 at 3:13pm
View davidosorio's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by davidosorio Search   Quote davidosorio Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
davidosorio
Standard Member
Standard Member
Mexico
November-15-2005
20 Posts
hello, i wan to know if there's an specific stitch parameters for the 8700 an fc-e9?

Message posted by LM360 on January-19-2006 at 7:21am
View LM360's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by LM360 Search   Visit LM360's Homepage www   Quote LM360 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
LM360
Standard Member
Standard Member
Spain
January-19-2006
3 Posts
I have a Nikon 8700 with an fc-e9, I'am more than happy with the results you can see some examples @ LaManga Graphics

You can also see one at www.wallacehair.com

Message posted by Gen. Lee on January-22-2006 at 2:12pm
View Gen. Lee's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Gen. Lee Search   Quote Gen. Lee Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Gen. Lee
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-15-2005
372 Posts

The FC-E9 is a giant hunk of glass....I tried one out and thought oh my god. I have to carry this think around. I disliked the size and weight of the lens. Many feel the lens offers a slightly softer image than the FC-E9. I researched this whole fc-e8 vs fc-e9 lens thing and found some technical stuff about the design of the lens and why they had to redesign it to fit the newer cameras. It comes down to "diopter" size and the different sizes of the new ccd's in the newer coolpix cameras in the stock lens on them. End result is there was no way to adapt the fc-e8 lens to the new stock lenses in the new coolpix cameras. The redesign of the FC-E9 lens included an additional element and a much larger diopter size. I believe Nikon could have made the FC-E9 lens better than the FC-E8 but due to the needed dipoter size it would require the front glass element to be extremly large. Even larger than it is now. And this would have made a monster of a lens that no one would want. Not to mention a special monster rotator to use it.

I have a coolpix 5000 which is a 5mp camera. I use the fc-e8. Now, considering the delivery size of the pano, say at 400x350, 5mp is quite enough to create a very good quality pano. The problem is that if you want to display larger than that you run into quality problems.

The coolpix 5000 is the last model made that will fit to the FC-E8. This camera is out of production and hard to find. Things are moving along in technology and cameras are getting  bigger megapixels every month. So the FC-E8 is really for those who still have one.

If I were getting into panoramic photography now I would recommend you get a DSLR and the sigma 8mm. You can get this set up for about the same cost as a new coolpix/fc-e9 setup.

Some examples would be a Nikon D70 or the even cheaper and newer Nikon D50. Or the Cannon 350d.

You can shoot 4 with no top or bottom and your images will WAYYYYYYYYY better than any FC-e9 set up.

The future is with DSLR. The non DSLR cameras are becoming something for "do it yourself" people. If you want to make any money get a DSLR set up.

General Lee

Message posted by RuddersUK on January-23-2006 at 5:34pm
View RuddersUK's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by RuddersUK Search   Visit RuddersUK's Homepage www   Quote RuddersUK Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
RuddersUK
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United Kingdom
July-16-2004
372 Posts
Iam Currently testing the 8400 with the FC-E8 lens. Initial results look very promising so I will post a few links soon. PS the lens fits to the camera with the UR-E15 lens adaptor.

Message posted by zxcvbnm on January-24-2006 at 9:49am
View zxcvbnm's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by zxcvbnm Search   Quote zxcvbnm Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
zxcvbnm
Gold Member
Gold Member

September-16-2005
156 Posts
Check outh
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PanoTools/message/24017

for a discussion on 8400 and fc-e8. Example looks almost as good as many sigma panos. plus's and minus's but very interesting.

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register