Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: Confused: what camera to buy? Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by Pokko on November-21-2005 at 8:57am
View Pokko's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Pokko Search   Visit Pokko's Homepage www   Quote Pokko Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Pokko
Standard Member
Standard Member
Netherlands
November-21-2005
33 Posts
I was thinking the EOS350d + Sigma fisheye could shoot full circular images (2x to stitch a 360). But now I understand this is not possible because of the sensor?

Please help me out here, what to buy? What would be good (affordable) equipment to make 360 panorama's (in 3-4 shots max. + top end bottom)

Thanks!

Message posted by smooth on November-21-2005 at 11:03am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Canon 350D and Sigma 8mm Fisheye is a good bet. You will shoot 4 images in rotation 90 degrees apart and stitch with Panoweaver 4.0 in "Drum" image mode to produce a spherical panorama image.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by Thomas on November-22-2005 at 7:32am
View Thomas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Thomas Search   Visit Thomas's Homepage www   Quote Thomas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Thomas
Gold Member
Gold Member

May-18-2002
157 Posts
Look out to get the new Sigma 8mm with better coating!

Message posted by smooth on November-22-2005 at 8:23am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts
Quote: Originally posted by Thomas on November-22-2005
Look out to get the new Sigma 8mm with better coating!

Not sure that the extra $200.00 + USD is worth it really?

But I believe it is getting difficult to buy an EX version so you might not get a choice.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by Pokko on November-22-2005 at 9:25am
View Pokko's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Pokko Search   Visit Pokko's Homepage www   Quote Pokko Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Pokko
Standard Member
Standard Member
Netherlands
November-21-2005
33 Posts
OK, thanks guys. Got me worried for a moment.
Then with the MrotatorTCPShort + tripod I should be set?

Message posted by smooth on November-22-2005 at 11:41am
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts
Quote: Originally posted by Pokko on November-22-2005
OK, thanks guys. Got me worried for a moment.
Then with the MrotatorTCPShort + tripod I should be set?

You might wish to add a tilt adaptor for levelling such as the Manfrotto #222 or similar for ease of levelling. Then your away!

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by beerbear on November-25-2005 at 7:42am
View beerbear's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by beerbear Search   Quote beerbear Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
beerbear
Standard Member
Standard Member
Italy
May-26-2005
14 Posts
Excuse me.... can you explain how to identify the "new Sigma 8mm with better coating" from other? Can you past some link about? Thanx

Message posted by smooth on November-25-2005 at 10:20am
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

DG is the latest and EX is the older version of the Sigma 8mm Fisheye.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by adavis2 on December-28-2005 at 10:25pm
View adavis2's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by adavis2 Search   Quote adavis2 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
adavis2
Standard Member
Standard Member

September-12-2005
46 Posts
The MrotatorTCPShort cost 320,00 Euro which according to Google is  379,23200 U.S. dollars.  Are there any other panorama heads that will work with this setup that don't cost this much?  I have the XT coming on the way as well, and will be getting the new sigma as an upgrade from my coolpix 5400/fc-e9.  The FC-e9 is just too soft and quality just isn't there as i'd hope.  Thanks!

Message posted by smooth on December-29-2005 at 12:37am
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

$379.00 USD is cheap for a quality product. Maybe you would like to waste $600.00+ USD on a overpriced UK made panohead?

If you want the best cheap panohead on the market then look at the Nodal Ninja www.nodalninja.com around $129.00 USD or maybe the plastic Panosuarus or Kingpano www.kingpano.com  but don't expect the same quality - accuracy or flexibility as the www.agnos.com Agnos MrotatorT series.

Totally forget the Manfrotto 303 series as they are overpriced, oversized overrated and have flex problems.

Another worth a look might be the Jasper Engineering Panohead. My money stays with Agnos MrotatorTCPS.

Remember your cameras and lenses will come and go while a good panohead and tripod are your friends for life.

Regards, Smooth

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register