Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: Is the hardware compatible? Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by batrac on January-29-2003 at 3:16pm
View batrac's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by batrac Search   Quote batrac Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
batrac
Standard Member
Standard Member
Croatia
January-29-2003
2 Posts

Can I buy the Starter Kit for the Canon G2 of IPIX and can use Panoweaver? Is the hardware compatible?

Sorry for my bad English!

Message posted by 360texas on January-29-2003 at 9:48pm
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

The hardware will assure that the camera lens is located at the proper lens nodal point.  Proper lens nodal point assures proper images.

You would have to make the camera settings for lighting, focus and other needed settings to assure a good image outcome.

The Panoweaver 3.01software allows you to make the necessary corrections for to obtain an accurate stitched panorama.

Buying the Kit.. is only the first step, and in of itself does not guarantee a spectacular final image.

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by batrac on January-29-2003 at 10:06pm
View batrac's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by batrac Search   Quote batrac Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
batrac
Standard Member
Standard Member
Croatia
January-29-2003
2 Posts
Thanks. I will buy the Canon G2 Starter Pack and attempt to use it with Panoweaver.

Message posted by callgary on January-30-2003 at 1:01am
View callgary's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by callgary Search   Quote callgary Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
callgary
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
November-19-2002
59 Posts

Batrac,

If Croatia is unaffected by iP_X patents, this kit should work fine for you.  If you may be affected by iP_X patents, you will be better off using Panoweaver's 3-hemisphere stitch process.

Before you buy, you should know that the rotator in this kit is notched at 0/360 degrees and 180 degrees- intended for 2 fisheye shots, not 3.  You could, of course, rotate this rotator to un-notched 120 degree and 240 degree postions (not marked on this rotator), but in doing so, your lens will be pointed silghtly higher than in the notched 0 degree position, resulting in a less than perfect stitch.  Nevertheless, it is undeniably a good starter kit.

-------------
callgary
E-mail Gary
Every moment is a learning experience. What have I learned today? What have I taught today?

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register