Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver

Subject Topic: What i'm doing wrong? Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by beerbear on December-07-2005 at 11:28am
View beerbear's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by beerbear Search   Quote beerbear Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
beerbear
Standard Member
Standard Member
Italy
May-26-2005
14 Posts

Please help me with first pano. What is wrong here? i don't like the sky :(

http://alextrani.interfree.it/pano10.mov

Message posted by johnfl68 on December-07-2005 at 12:23pm
View johnfl68's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by johnfl68 Search   Visit johnfl68's Homepage www   Quote johnfl68 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
johnfl68
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
May-27-2005
70 Posts
Hello:

You say you do not like the sky - do you mean ceiling?

I do not see anything wrong with the ceiling, a little dark - but looks fine.

Or do you mean the sky outside the windows?

The windows being overexposed is a common problem, most people in here are using Photomatrix - software in which you take multiple exposures of each of the pictures to build the panorama. The sofware then merges these into one image with increased dynamic range, and then you stitch these as normal. You then get a panorama in which you can see the sky outside of the windows, and see the interior as well.

Does this help? If not please try and explain the problem some more.

John

Message posted by beerbear on December-07-2005 at 12:54pm
View beerbear's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by beerbear Search   Quote beerbear Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
beerbear
Standard Member
Standard Member
Italy
May-26-2005
14 Posts
Excuse me.... wrong file!

Here there is the bad sky: http://alextrani.interfree.it/pano10.mov

Thank You..

Message posted by beerbear on December-07-2005 at 12:58pm
beerbear
Standard Member
Standard Member
Italy
May-26-2005
14 Posts

Excuse me, about Photomatrix, i must use it before or after the stitching? If i use it before, the images can result different in exposure?  (sorry 4 english)

Message posted by 360texas on December-07-2005 at 1:30pm
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

I think Pano10.mov is a 'Church' and no sky.  The Church took a long time to download.  Must be a VERY large file.

Church is a very good panorama.

Dave

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by beerbear on December-07-2005 at 1:49pm
beerbear
Standard Member
Standard Member
Italy
May-26-2005
14 Posts

Today i'm very confused. Pasted for 2nd time the pano of church.

This is really : http://alextrani.interfree.it/pano8.mov

Excuse me.

Message posted by VT360 on December-07-2005 at 3:01pm
View VT360's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by VT360 Search   Quote VT360 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
VT360
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

January-04-2003
751 Posts

pano 8 never downloaded for me. all i would see is white on the browser screen.

the download icon was on the left bottom corner...must be a huge file as dave indicated.

add to that that your'e in italy so connection speed might be slow. and if you have a free website (like geocities) they limit the bandwidth on you. if you have a large file, you will reach your max allowed bandwidth transfer and others won't be able to see your panos.

can you reduce the size of the file so we can see it.

Message posted by beerbear on December-07-2005 at 4:49pm
beerbear
Standard Member
Standard Member
Italy
May-26-2005
14 Posts

Sorry. Now i've access at my personal server.

You can download it at http://test.traniweb.it/pano8.mov

It is about 1.2 mb.

Thanx.

Message posted by Gen. Lee on December-07-2005 at 5:55pm
View Gen. Lee's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Gen. Lee Search   Quote Gen. Lee Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Gen. Lee
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-15-2005
372 Posts

I had to right click the link and save as to get the pano. It won't show in the browser but thats because the file is coming in at 12k a sec which is VERY slow.

This was shot with a Sigma 8mm which is a circular fishey but cropped by the sensor therefor making a "drum" image.

The problem you are having is called "light fall off". This is a common problem with circular lenses. This is happening in this case because of the location of the sun. With the lens pointed strait up the light is diffracting through the lens. This is causing an exposure difference between the horizontal shots and the top shot. In other words some of the light is being bounced around in the lens creating a slightly lighter exposre even when set at the same exposure as the other images. The amount of light reaching the sensor is "less" than what is reaching the horizontal shots. This is causing your top shot to over expose even at the same aperutre and shutter speed.

Secondly, with this lens you will get light fall off at the edges in the horizontal shots but when you do not shoot the top the edges of the images are blended in a different way than if you stitch 4 + Top.

When stitching 4 + top the "top" image is blended with the horizontal shots. The image is actually blended "over" the horizontal shots. So the hole is being coverd by the top shot. You are looking through the hole to see the top. This is why you can see the seams so much.

If you stitch this shot without the top using only the 4 horizontal I bet you get a much better sky but with only a little pin hole a the top which is very easy to "clone" out in photoshop.

General Lee

Message posted by RuddersUK on December-07-2005 at 6:48pm
View RuddersUK's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by RuddersUK Search   Visit RuddersUK's Homepage www   Quote RuddersUK Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
RuddersUK
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United Kingdom
July-16-2004
372 Posts
Easy to sort that in photoshop.. 5 mins tops.

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register