Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver

Subject Topic: difference between 360one shot - 0-360? Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by davidosorio on December-07-2005 at 5:03pm
View davidosorio's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by davidosorio Search   Quote davidosorio Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
davidosorio
Standard Member
Standard Member
Mexico
November-15-2005
20 Posts

hello, i'm planning to get a one shot len, can anyone tell me which len give better resolution, kaidan 360 one shot or 0-360?

what's the differences? i know the price...

Message posted by VT360 on December-07-2005 at 5:57pm
View VT360's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by VT360 Search   Quote VT360 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
VT360
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

January-04-2003
751 Posts

i hear 0-360 gives better resolution and the vertical field ofview is higher thaan remote realiity.

the 0-360 site metions their specs.

i dont know bout the kaidan.

but read this thread - they point out some of the differences - comments from actual users.

http://www.eyesee360.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=201

Message posted by RuddersUK on December-07-2005 at 6:45pm
View RuddersUK's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by RuddersUK Search   Visit RuddersUK's Homepage www   Quote RuddersUK Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
RuddersUK
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United Kingdom
July-16-2004
372 Posts
dont touch either of them lol! one shots are considered nasty by many in the industry and dont give anything near the quality available from full spherical / cubic images.

Message posted by ajay on December-08-2005 at 9:39am
View ajay's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by ajay Search   Visit ajay's Homepage www   Quote ajay Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
ajay
Gold Member
Gold Member

November-09-2004
167 Posts
Depends what you want it for. One shots do have advantages, they are quick, give reasonable quality, no or little post shot processing etc. They are also good in crowd scenes where people moving is an issue with all stitched panos. The 0-360 is a good choice if u go this route, but consider Rudders comments before investing.

-------------
aj

Message posted by Gen. Lee on December-08-2005 at 6:37pm
View Gen. Lee's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Gen. Lee Search   Quote Gen. Lee Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Gen. Lee
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-15-2005
372 Posts

I think it is more appropiate to consider what your specific  application is when considering the one shot. RuddersUK is correct. Most "proffessionals" consider this kind of pano in the "amature" do it your self catagory and delivers low quality images.. There is simply no way any one shot is going to perform up to the standards of a Nikkon/Canon DSLR or coolpix/fisheye set up.

Ajay is correct also. There are certain situations where a one shot can be of use. Its more of a right tool for the job situation. Although this tool is very limited in its use. I have seen one shot panos of good quality but only in comparison to other one shot solutions. Anything can be done if you have enough time an money to throw at it.

In my area all I have to do is show a one shot tour and then my work and I have the job. If it werent for so many of the one shot operators out there I wouldn't have any business LOL. Not really but it seems that way.

To put this in some perspective consider this:

Richard Eimers is a top producer and has a "team". He uses EGG solutions which is a one shot solution. He does all his tours in house. Although he "gets the job done" the results are some what lacking. Quality is severly lacking but he is able to get the tours done on his schedul at a price he wants. This is as simple as it gets. No post processing and limited knowledge about pnotographing panos. 

This is a link to one of his tours
http://www.destinrealestate.com/tours/4728serendipity/

My client Roebuck Auctions was contacted to bring this property to auction after it had been on the market for over a year. I was assighned to create a new tour of the same property due to the quality level of the EGG tour.

This is a link to the tour I did.
http://www.northwestflorida.com/roebuck/destiny_east/index.html

The propery was marketed for 4 weeks and the tour was viewd many times. Tour was displayed at the auction on a 52 inch plasma screen during the bidding. The property was immeditaly bid on and sold in just 5 minutes for about 1.5 million.

Did the my tour contribute to the selling of the house. Not sure. But one thing for sure is the house was on the market for a year with a one shot tour and did not sell. The new tour was done and marketed heavily on there web site and in the print marketing.

I look at the one shot solution like using a consumer pocket camera. Under the right conditions and depending on the creativity of the shooter a nice picture can be made. It is fun to see what you can do with such a simple camera. The one shot is just like this. It has very limited quality and suffers from inferior optic solutions.

In my opinion a series of still shots put together in a logical way would be better than a one shot.

The bottom line is a one shot solution is for the amature or real estate agent who can not afford a higher quality tour. There is no comparing a one shot with anything other than another one shot.

For about the same money you can get a 3 shot solution like a coolpix and the FC-E9 and use Panoweaver and you will get awsome panos. There is a little learning curve but it will be well worth it. The one shot solutions cost about $600 for the lens/bracket(its not really a lens. Its a parabolic mirror) and then you have to pay per image for some of them and you are stuck with their software becuase each mirror/lens has its own geometrics that must be sorted out with software specifically for that mirror. Its basically a racket to get you to use only there stuff. Sound a lot like Ipox. And it is. Just in a different set fo sheeps clothing.

General Lee

Message posted by Thomas on December-09-2005 at 2:53am
View Thomas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Thomas Search   Visit Thomas's Homepage www   Quote Thomas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Thomas
Gold Member
Gold Member

May-18-2002
157 Posts
One shoot solutions are ok if you have to shoot a large amount of pics in short time with moving objects. Target: cylindrical pano in small windows.
The 360 One from eyesee360.com has a high quality glass mirror, and the software Photowarp is excellent to produce (unwarp) the panos in batch for Quicktime with fallback to PTViewer and flash panos with FlashVR.de.

The best camera should be a prosumer cam. With a DSLR you will get in trouble to focus the whole mirror, or you have to close the frame up to f16.

Another point: You can shoot in crowds, and almost nobody realizes which pictures you are taking with this strange kind of object.

Message posted by VT360 on December-09-2005 at 9:07am
View VT360's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by VT360 Search   Quote VT360 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
VT360
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

January-04-2003
751 Posts
rare to see the kitchen on the second floor...but must be a cool view to have while eating your eggs and bacon! lol

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register