Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver

Subject Topic: 3-shot panos of SC snowed under Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by John on January-30-2003 at 1:14pm
View John's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by John Search   Quote John Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
John
Standard Member
Standard Member

December-31-2002
38 Posts
We recently got snowed under in a big way in the piedmont of South Carolina. We got 8+ inches of snow between midnight and morning. This is something we are really not used to, to put it mildly. Since I was stuck at home (EVERYTHING shuts down in this kind of weather), I thought it would be fun to get out the camera and tripod and document the snow. The results can be seen at:

http://jriley.uscs.edu/snow1.mov

http://jriley.uscs.edu/snow2.mov

These were shot with a Nikon 995 with the largest, best resolution jpg setting, stitched at CD size in Panoweaver, published as .bmp, converted to QTVR in CubicConverter (so that they would have a fast-start) and posted here without retouching. I think they look pretty nice! I am especially impressed with the quality of the stitch when you look up in the second one. I don't see any branches crossing the stitch lines that don't match up! This was on autostitch too!

Message posted by callgary on January-30-2003 at 11:24pm
View callgary's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by callgary Search   Quote callgary Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
callgary
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
November-19-2002
59 Posts

Beautiful scenes!

Panning down to the tripod, I can't imagine a more perfect stitch!!

Way to go, Easypano! (and you too, John- nice work.)

-------------
callgary
E-mail Gary
Every moment is a learning experience. What have I learned today? What have I taught today?

Message posted by VT360 on January-31-2003 at 9:00am
View VT360's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by VT360 Search   Quote VT360 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
VT360
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

January-04-2003
751 Posts

I agree with Gary, good job.  Didn't your lens get fogged up?

By the way, what camera head set up are you using John?

Message posted by John on January-31-2003 at 12:06pm
View John's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by John Search   Quote John Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
John
Standard Member
Standard Member

December-31-2002
38 Posts
I am using a home-made bracket like the one shown on Philo's homepage (http://philohome.free.fr), with the hole positions adjusted for the location of the mounting threads on a Nikon 995. This is on top of an awful head that came on my Bogen tripod. The head is just made with two knobs that allow rotation about two perpendicular axes and the whole thing pans. It is a monster to get level and square with the axis of rotation. I really want to replace this with a ball head with a panhead on top of it and my homemade bracket on top of that.

You don't have to worry about fogging when you go out INTO the cold. It is when you come back into the warm, humid environment that you get fogging. My old man taught me that your glasses won't fog if you back into the house. But you look really stupid.

BTW - it was about 15 degrees that day! Brrrrrr. Not used to that in the sunny south.

Message posted by VT360 on February-03-2003 at 1:12am
View VT360's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by VT360 Search   Quote VT360 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
VT360
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

January-04-2003
751 Posts
lol   Your home made bracket did a good job!

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register