Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver

Subject Topic: New user with a few questions Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by dustin0479 on January-03-2006 at 10:21pm
View dustin0479's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by dustin0479 Search   Quote dustin0479 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
dustin0479
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
January-03-2006
9 Posts

I am sure at some point these questions have already been addressed but I cant seem to find them so here I go.

I have purchased the Nikon 8700 and the FC-E9 Fisheye Lens. 

Is the Agnos MrotatorB the preffered rotator for this camera? 

Will it work for all types of pano shots?

Can I use any tripod?

And lastly....are there any other accesories you can think of that I should purchase?  (if so could you please explain why)

I would greatly appreciate any help anyone could offer. 

Thanks

-------------
Dustin

Message posted by smooth on January-03-2006 at 11:32pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

The www.agnos.com MrotatorB is correct for your combination.

You will require the 8700 support bracket. You will shoot 2 or 3 shots in rotation allowing you to create spherical panorama images. 2:1

I would suggest you get yourself a tilt leveller for your panohead such as the Manfrotto #222 as this is the easiest & quickest way to level your shots and is very important when shooting images to be stitched with Panoweaver.

All tripod that have a 1/4" or 3/8" head thread are suitable. Buy quality, your tripod should be a lifetime investment. Manfrotto - Gitzo - Velbon brands are a good starting point.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by dustin0479 on January-04-2006 at 11:24am
View dustin0479's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by dustin0479 Search   Quote dustin0479 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
dustin0479
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
January-03-2006
9 Posts
Is it at all possible to use the bubble on the Mrotatorb and the tripod legs to get it level?  I am trying to save a few dollars for the time being until I do a few jobs then purchase the tilt leveler.

-------------
Dustin

Message posted by smooth on January-04-2006 at 12:22pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Yes, that is possible.

You need only for the first position to be exactly level. You do not re-level for each position. So set up will not be that bad.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by dustin0479 on January-04-2006 at 12:58pm
dustin0479
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
January-03-2006
9 Posts

One last question then I promise to stop with the annoying questions.

Is there any other way to purchase the Mrotatorb other than through Agnos.com?

(seems like a hassle to order as they do not have phone ordering or the ability to order over the net.)

or any idea where to get a used one?

Thanks

-------------
Dustin

Message posted by johnfl68 on January-04-2006 at 1:44pm
View johnfl68's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by johnfl68 Search   Visit johnfl68's Homepage www   Quote johnfl68 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
johnfl68
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
May-27-2005
70 Posts
Although Agnos's ordering is not normal for what we consider in the US, it is a fairly straight forward process.

I sent them email, they responded within 24 hours, I made a payment via paypal, and they shipped within 24 hours, I recieved the product in a few days via UPS. As far as an international purchase, you can't ask for much a smoother transaction.

John

Message posted by dustin0479 on January-04-2006 at 1:47pm
dustin0479
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
January-03-2006
9 Posts

Thank you.

I also wanted to make sure that this head will work for doing all 3 types of pano's

-------------
Dustin

Message posted by smooth on January-04-2006 at 11:21pm
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

3 types?

• Spherical = Yes
  • Cylindrical = Yes
  • Cubic = Yes
  • Fisheye 1 Mode = Yes
  • Fisheye 2 mode = Yes