Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: partial pano's Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by dustin0479 on January-04-2006 at 11:04pm
View dustin0479's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by dustin0479 Search   Quote dustin0479 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
dustin0479
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
January-03-2006
9 Posts

I am just about to go ahead and purchase panoweaver but am curious if it is possible to do partial spherical panoramas with this program or do you have to do the complete sphere?

any help would be greatly appreciated

thanks

dustin

-------------
Dustin

Message posted by smooth on January-04-2006 at 11:27pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

You can adjust the limits of the viewer to any part of an image using PTViewer by setting the tilt and pan parameter values.

Panoweaver will only stitch full 360 x 180 degree images. But from that you can limit the view. Remember Panoweaver is a stitcher that offers limited free options for output. Tourweaver will give you complete control. Alternatively PTViewer and some scripting lessons will give you the results your after for free.

PTViewer Scripter is also a great place to start when using PTViewer.

Regards, Smooth 

Message posted by dustin0479 on January-05-2006 at 7:01am
View dustin0479's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by dustin0479 Search   Quote dustin0479 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
dustin0479
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
January-03-2006
9 Posts
I recently found the Nodal Ninja.  Do you think this is as good and easy to use as the Mrotatorb?

-------------
Dustin

Message posted by smooth on January-05-2006 at 9:35am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

LOL No!

The Nodal Ninja is a reasonable budget panohead but is not in the same league as the MrotatorB.

The MrotatorB is a precision purpose built product where the nodal point is pre determined. You simply fit the FC-E9 level it and your set to shoot. No guessing or hours/days finding the correct nodal point position.

Penny pinching is not a good thing to do when you want a top class job. What will you really be saving in the long run?

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by Thomas on January-05-2006 at 10:07am
View Thomas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Thomas Search   Visit Thomas's Homepage www   Quote Thomas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Thomas
Gold Member
Gold Member

May-18-2002
157 Posts
The Nodal Ninja is only ok if you need a small and lightweight solution (trekking). I'm using the head sometimes together with a small carbon tripod (Walimex) and a Canon 300D + Sigma 8mm.

Message posted by smooth on January-05-2006 at 1:26pm
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

I also have a Nodal Ninja, but it is not comparable with the MrotatorB and is not suited really to newbies. For what it is it is OK. But for ease and perfect nodal stitching the MrotatorB will be the best money ever spent for the FC-E9 lens.

I also doubt there would be enough adjustment with the 8700 - Adaptor and Lens on the Nodal Ninja and the weight will cause some flex which will cause errors in the stitching.

But of course this is only educated advise. If you wish to go with the Nodal Ninja then Bill Bailey is your man in the USA and Canada. Like Agnos tell Bill you were talking to Smooth.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by dustin0479 on January-06-2006 at 10:17am
dustin0479
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
January-03-2006
9 Posts

Thanks for the help smooth.

Am ordering my MrotatorB on monday.

Dustin

-------------
Dustin

Message posted by VTnewbie on January-09-2006 at 12:38pm
View VTnewbie's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by VTnewbie Search   Quote VTnewbie Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
VTnewbie
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
November-29-2004
12 Posts

Dustin, check your private messege. I didn't get a chance to reply until today.

If you haven't bought the Mrotator yet, I can save you some money. Let me know.

Thanks.

Message posted by VT360 on January-09-2006 at 12:41pm
View VT360's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by VT360 Search   Quote VT360 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
VT360
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

January-04-2003
751 Posts

Good answer Smooth.

BTW, did you find the dual pano file we talked about? PM me if you got news.

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register