Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver

Subject Topic: Ok - this is embarassing Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by rfh12002 on January-06-2006 at 4:24pm
View rfh12002's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by rfh12002 Search   Visit rfh12002's Homepage www   Quote rfh12002 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
rfh12002
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

July-07-2005
770 Posts

Can't believe I'm posting something this simple...

OK went out today and did some shooting with my Nikon 5000 and FCE8.  That was my first time and OMG is it easier to use than the 'lets crouch under a tripod cos its fun' 0-360 one shot. 

I'm nowhere near the standard of you guys but hope to get better. I spent tonight copying and pasting useful tips from here into a word document.

Anyhoo- I can make images in PW BUT when i add the pic to TW I don't get anything happening.  The 0-360 shots from a previous shoot still come up but none of my 'new' images make an appreance.

The one I have added at the moment was put in as a 'sperical panorama' with a size of 1007kb and a dimension of 5000 by 2500.  Is there something I'm missing here?

Many thanks for all the help again,

PS Just watched a DVD from the Gnomon Workshop I got for Christmas and its really useful. Thought I'd flag it up.

Yours

F

Message posted by johnfl68 on January-06-2006 at 5:11pm
View johnfl68's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by johnfl68 Search   Visit johnfl68's Homepage www   Quote johnfl68 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
johnfl68
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
May-27-2005
70 Posts
OK - you say you are new, no problem (the only bad question is the one that wasn't asked).

Under "Manage" you added a image - stateing that it was Spherical - this is right and fine.

Under "Skin" did you add a "viewer" tour component to the design? This is the window that lets you see the panorama that you added, if you don't place a viewer into the design in TourWeaver, it will display nothing.

I hope that is it - and fixes your problem!

(EDIT) Hmm - if you say the 0-360 images show up but not the spherical - you would already know that.

Not sure - I have never mixed image types in TW.

Good luck!

John

Message posted by rfh12002 on January-06-2006 at 5:35pm
View rfh12002's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by rfh12002 Search   Visit rfh12002's Homepage www   Quote rfh12002 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
rfh12002
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

July-07-2005
770 Posts

Thanks John

I'll need to get my head around PW as I'm gettin constant 'mismatched stitches' type messages and im using an Agnos MRotatorA (the one which is recommended for the FC-E8).

I guess I'll have to have another trial 'bash' at it!

Cheers

F

Message posted by johnfl68 on January-06-2006 at 5:49pm
View johnfl68's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by johnfl68 Search   Visit johnfl68's Homepage www   Quote johnfl68 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
johnfl68
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
May-27-2005
70 Posts
On the mismatched stitches - there is a common mistake that I do - sometimes I rotate clockwise while taking photos - sometimes I rotate counterclockwise while taking photos. If the images in the image list in PW are not in order going clockwise (as you look down at the tripod), you will get the mismatched message.

Look at the images in the Image List - and make sure that the second image is looking to the right of the first image, and the third images is looking to the right of the second image, and so on if you have a fourth image.

I always forget this - and if I happend to shoot the images in counterclockwise set, they are in the reverse order.

You can select each image and use the green up and down arrows at the top of the Image List to move the selected image up or down in the list to get them in the correct order for stitching.

Best though is to get in the habbit of shooting image sets in a clockwise rotation.

John

Message posted by rfh12002 on January-06-2006 at 6:01pm
rfh12002
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

July-07-2005
770 Posts

Thats a great point thats really obvious but yet one I'd never have thought off!

There's another thing to stick onto my tripod mounted 'cheat sheet'!

Ta muchly

Message posted by smooth on January-07-2006 at 2:10am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Don't go placing 5000 x 2500 spherical images into to Tourweaver that is much too big. If your viewing window is say 500 x 400 or 400 x 300 2000 x 1000 is big enough and the file size should be under about 350kb for each full panorama shot. Typically 400 x 300 viewer size would run a panorama image of 1400 x 700 and under 200kb.

4000x2000 is what I use for Fullscreen Quicktime movies.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by rfh12002 on January-07-2006 at 3:05pm
rfh12002
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

July-07-2005
770 Posts

That was the problem and solved it beautifully! 

Thanks very much for  coming to my rescue Smooth.

F

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register