Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: stitching error Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by andy05 on January-06-2006 at 4:27pm
View andy05's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by andy05 Search   Quote andy05 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
andy05
Standard Member
Standard Member

December-18-2005
8 Posts

hi

I've got this slight stitch error which i know is a slight misalignment. The kit is a D70 with Sigma 8mm. As the fault is much more pronounced on the top and bottom lines, can someone give me any pointers as to which way to adjust?  Its using an Agnos MrotatorT bracket and I've already lined up the horizontal adjustment to minimise the jutting effect on the base of the tripod. 

Also - would the camera have to be exactly horizontal as the bracket doesn't lock in very well occasionally and I wondered if it wasn't bang on whether that was causing some problems? A spirit level on the camera shows its pretty good...

Cheers

Andy

PS - Cheers to Smooth for giving me such good pointers last question - I'm a lot closer now, thank you!

Message posted by super_anne on January-11-2006 at 2:57am
View super_anne's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by super_anne Search   Quote super_anne Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
super_anne
Standard Member
Standard Member

April-29-2005
44 Posts

Hi, there

When photograph, keep the camera and lens stable in horizontal level. Otherwise, it will be difficult to stitch perfectly. Otherwise, please try to correct the image in Photoshop.

Message posted by VT360 on January-11-2006 at 11:43am
View VT360's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by VT360 Search   Quote VT360 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
VT360
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

January-04-2003
751 Posts

As many members have said in previous posts, align the first shot but not the following shots.

Is the misalignement only at the bottom or does it follow up all the way through?

Message posted by andy05 on January-12-2006 at 3:07am
View andy05's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by andy05 Search   Quote andy05 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
andy05
Standard Member
Standard Member

December-18-2005
8 Posts

No - its only at the bottom. Very occasionally it appears to be spot on, but most of the time there are slight errors like this. Most of the time onto grass gravel, carpet etc it doesn't matter, but something like these tiles will show it up.  I know I'm right on the edge of the lens though!

I find it very difficult to get the D70 itself exaclty level - I can level the tripod easily, but there is some slack in the Agnos bracket in the horizontal position and the camera is heavy so sometimes sags .... I've not found a good place to put a spirit level on it yet?

Andy

Message posted by pixelator on January-12-2006 at 6:45am
View pixelator's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by pixelator Search   Visit pixelator's Homepage www   Quote pixelator Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
pixelator
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
April-21-2005
502 Posts
Quote: Originally posted by andy05 on January-12-2006

I've not found a good place to put a spirit level on it yet?

Andy

Hey Andy,
Try a hot-shoe level works great on my canon and should also work fine on your nikon.  Hope this helps you out.

Pixel

Message posted by Gen. Lee on January-13-2006 at 11:30am
View Gen. Lee's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Gen. Lee Search   Quote Gen. Lee Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Gen. Lee
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-15-2005
372 Posts

Hi Friends,

I have the exact same problem described as above. The error only happens at the very bottom and at the very top.

I use a tripod leveler and a remote. Do you think this is a nodal point issue?

General Lee

Message posted by pixelator on January-13-2006 at 12:44pm
View pixelator's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by pixelator Search   Visit pixelator's Homepage www   Quote pixelator Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
pixelator
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
April-21-2005
502 Posts

I too had some stitch errors that I can not post at this time to view for I am at work away from my computer.  However, 360 Dave and I talked about these issues on another thread.  He gave me an idea of using the matching points to see if it would correct.  I have not yet done this but will post results here when achieved.  Just thought I would share the idea.

Regards, Pixel

Message posted by Gen. Lee on January-13-2006 at 9:20pm
View Gen. Lee's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Gen. Lee Search   Quote Gen. Lee Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Gen. Lee
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-15-2005
372 Posts

I have tried matching points. I have tried setting 6 and 10 points.

I have also tried setting 6 points and then setting 6 different points on the same pano and still get the error.

Sometimes it is really bad. At other times it is not. I am just not sure what is causing this. Mabey my rotator needs maintenance, or mabey  my tripod is wearing out.

But sometning is causing these paralax errors.

General Lee

Message posted by spinem on January-16-2006 at 1:07pm
View spinem's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by spinem Search   Quote spinem Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
spinem
Gold Member
Gold Member

February-02-2005
180 Posts
hey guys... I think I'm having similar problem. I tried leveling my camera but I think its already correct.
So what could be the solution for my case?

http://img485.imageshack.us/img485/8073/problem9hb.jpg

The problem is not only at the bottom where one would say it can be easily photoshopped.
notice that it shows in the middle of the pano where the walls meet the ceiling.

I tried shooting 6 images and stitching them with the full frame option. the results were correct. But I still want to stitch 4 not six since I'm using sigma fisheye 8mm.

Message posted by 360texas on January-16-2006 at 1:44pm
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

With out seeing the affected images it is really hard to determine the issue.

First make sure you are stitching Drum or Full Frame (there is a personal joke here). 

I think the reason PW 4 has X and y dimension adjustments is because sometimes inside the camera the SENSOR is not perfectly aligned with the perpendicular lens axis.  Means the sensor is off center from the center of the lens.  Even different Canon 20d camera sensors can be off set by a few microns.

PW4 allows you to adjust the center of the sensor/ image with the lens as well as.. making cropping adjustments to remove the black background and light fall off purple fringe the at  the lens edge rim.  Thats where the glass meets the metal lens housing.

If Drum.. check the image "sensor" alignment X and Y and R for radius by trying to make it larger or smaller radius.

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register