Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver

Subject Topic: Maintaining quality Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by Terry Nam on January-14-2006 at 11:42am
View Terry Nam's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Terry Nam Search   Quote Terry Nam Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Terry Nam
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Kingdom
October-05-2002
110 Posts

Just upgraded to a D70 & Sigma 8mm. My question is, when viewing the stitched result in PW4(obviously in bmp format - 4 images shot in fine mode) how can I maintain those same crisp/sharp results when I reduce the file size for viewing in TW? See http://www.terrynamvr.co.uk/tourviewer_32_holford.html (The tour is incomplete but good enough to get my point across)

The results are OK but far from as sharp as the original. The client will be happy with the end result, this I am sure, but I'am not.

My procedure is to take the finished bmp file(some 23 meg-4000x2000) into PS. Then reduce the image size to 2000x1000, then save for web at about 250k.

I have had reasonably good results previoulsy with a 4500 & fc8 and expect some difference with the finished article having now upgraded.

Perhaps those of you with the same setup could point me in the right direction - your comments/advice greatly appreciated - as always.

-------------
Terry
Nikon D300(Sept08), Sigma 8mm, agnos short

Message posted by Gen. Lee on January-14-2006 at 12:21pm
View Gen. Lee's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Gen. Lee Search   Quote Gen. Lee Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Gen. Lee
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-15-2005
372 Posts

Hi Terry,

This subject has been covered recently on the forum. Search for "sizing down" or seach for posts by me.

If you can't find the posts let us know and we will still help.

General Lee

Message posted by eagle on January-14-2006 at 2:40pm
View eagle's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by eagle Search   Quote eagle Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
eagle
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

April-14-2004
382 Posts
Hi,

Try this thread.

http://www.easypano.com/forum/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=1&TopicID=1620&PagePosition=3

r,
eagle

Message posted by ciconia on January-15-2006 at 6:34am
View ciconia's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by ciconia Search   Visit ciconia's Homepage www   Quote ciconia Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
ciconia
Standard Member
Standard Member
Germany
October-07-2003
60 Posts

Hi,

I use Web Presenter Pro, a Photoshop Plugin made by Fred Miranda. It downsizes 16-bit images to any size (absolute or percentage) in many steps, with sharpening in different intensities. It can also be used for batch processing and can be included in PhotoShop actions. I am quite happy with the results. Web Presenter Pro is an important part of my workflow when creating panoramas for web.

Regards

Holger

-------------
Holger Schulz, photoaround
http://www.photoaround.de

Message posted by Terry Nam on January-16-2006 at 4:53am
View Terry Nam's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Terry Nam Search   Quote Terry Nam Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Terry Nam
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Kingdom
October-05-2002
110 Posts

Thanks guys.

Stepping down in stages has produced a noticeable difference for the better, again thank you for your input and advice.

Ciconia - For some reason, I could not down load Presenter Pro?

-------------
Terry
Nikon D300(Sept08), Sigma 8mm, agnos short

Message posted by ciconia on January-16-2006 at 5:48am
View ciconia's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by ciconia Search   Visit ciconia's Homepage www   Quote ciconia Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
ciconia
Standard Member
Standard Member
Germany
October-07-2003
60 Posts

Hi, Terry,

as far as I remember. there are no free demos available on the Fred Miranda Website. In the website you have to add the plugin to your shopping cart, then go to the shopping cart, fill in the payment form, and you will be given a download link for the registered plugin. May be it has changed since I ordered last time from Fred Miranda.

Regards

Holger

-------------
Holger Schulz, photoaround
http://www.photoaround.de

Message posted by fatchai on January-16-2006 at 8:47am
View fatchai's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by fatchai Search   Visit fatchai's Homepage www   Quote fatchai Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
fatchai
Standard Member
Standard Member
Hong Kong
June-16-2005
24 Posts

hi :

sorry i m quit new to photoshop also.

how can i sharpen my image without resize it ? i mean, my image don't require to downsize but i would like to increase the picture quality.

Can i use shadow and highligh feature to achieve it ? or any other commerical tool perform better ?

thanks

ft

Message posted by 360texas on January-16-2006 at 9:15am
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

Good Morning Fatchai,

What part of the VI are you located?  British or US.

If your finished stitched image is already the proper size... you might try the UNsharpen filter.  This will attempt to do edge finding and then add black pixels to display higher contrasts... thereby providing the appearance of sharpening the image.

Dave

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register