Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver

Subject Topic: simple question regarding Dynamic Range Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by fatchai on January-31-2006 at 8:12am
View fatchai's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by fatchai Search   Visit fatchai's Homepage www   Quote fatchai Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
fatchai
Standard Member
Standard Member
Hong Kong
June-16-2005
24 Posts

hi :

i heard people always talking alot about Dynamic Range image. what i understand about dynamic range is that thy will take a few shots at different exposures and then use software such as photoshop or photomatix to overlap them into a final image. my question is ... if the photo i take involve moving objects in the sence (eg. humen, cars etc...) how can i overlap the moving objects in these type of images? 

fatchai

Message posted by ciconia on January-31-2006 at 8:45am
View ciconia's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by ciconia Search   Visit ciconia's Homepage www   Quote ciconia Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
ciconia
Standard Member
Standard Member
Germany
October-07-2003
60 Posts

Hi, fatchai,

you cannot create HDR images of moving objects with this method. On windy days it is even difficult to take landscape shots as leaves and branches of trees are moving too much. Creating HDR images is perfect for indoor shots, for outdoor shots only at locations without moving subjects and wind.

Holger

-------------
Holger Schulz, photoaround
http://www.photoaround.de

Message posted by Robert Harvey on January-31-2006 at 9:52am
View Robert Harvey's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Robert Harvey Search   Visit Robert Harvey's Homepage www   Quote Robert Harvey Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Robert Harvey
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
January-23-2006
5 Posts

So how do people get some great shots I've seen with people in them?  I've seen even indoor shoots with people in them that seem to be perfectly exposed.  I shoot real estate scenes without people and use Photomatix to help even the varied lighting conditions, but I would like to shoot comercial applications that may involve people moving in the scene.  Anyone out there have any suggestions?  Thanks.

Message posted by smooth on January-31-2006 at 11:02am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

When you shoot RAW you in fact have a lot of information and can use this information to your advantage and produce many different exposed images from the one RAW file. This will go a great way to giving your the results you are chasing.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by emarts on January-31-2006 at 2:05pm
View emarts's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by emarts Search   Visit emarts's Homepage www   Quote emarts Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
emarts
Gold Member
Gold Member

June-08-2005
188 Posts
You can use Photmatix to combine multiple exposures and everything that is stationary will look great. However, anything moving will be kinda ghosted. I did this once with a room that had a cat walking around. The cat looked like it was shot with a strobe and was in three different positions at once. It wasn't bad though and easily fixed in Photoshop. I also did an outdoor scene with trees swaying in the wind. The trees looked fine, although blurred, but the nearby plants looked aweful since their movement was more dramatic.

Message posted by Wide-Eyes on January-31-2006 at 9:44pm
View Wide-Eyes's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Wide-Eyes Search   Visit Wide-Eyes's Homepage www   Quote Wide-Eyes Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Wide-Eyes
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-03-2005
569 Posts

Hi

Try reading this article about HDR

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/tutorials/hdr.shtml

I also remember reading about photoimpact from www.ulead.com that you are able to cut out parts of an image eg if a person is in one of the exposures. Nice feature but I can't tell you more about is as I have not tried the program my self.

Hope some of this helps

Best regards

Morten Andersen

- a newbie trying to improve

Message posted by smooth on February-01-2006 at 1:08am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Yes, that would be using masks. This is not really necessary. As I stated you can pull multiple images of different exposure value's from one RAW file. You then use these images with your HDR program to produce your final image.

You only need (1) shot to get multiple exposed images of the same shot, but it must be (1) Raw shot to start with.

Regards, Smooth

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register