Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: Using only 2 images Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by mungojeerie on February-01-2006 at 1:33pm
View mungojeerie's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by mungojeerie Search   Quote mungojeerie Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
mungojeerie
Standard Member
Standard Member
Canada
February-01-2006
13 Posts
Hello Im using the follwoing equip:
Nikon Coolpix 8800
Nikon FC-E9 Fisheye lens
Agnos MrotatorB
Swarovski Tripod 1

The majority of pano's created using 3 pictures turn out fairly good... two always line up perfectly and the third is always off by a bit... easily fixed with some quick photo editing. Im not totally happy with the lighting... and am still experimenting with differnt settings.... one pano that just does not work for me is one created with just 2 photos.... there is always a fair sliver of the photo missing... the FC-E9 is supposed to take a 183 degree photo... but when I try to stitch them its wacked... and the tripod looks like a football... the example in panoweaver is much nicer.. the tripod is much more rounded...

I dont know what the problem is... I suspect its the rotator bracket... I dont like it... and although the 8700 and 8800 are virtually identical I do not think that the 8800 works properly with this bracket... Im tempted to buy a kaidan, but then theres more money... and what if I dont get better results with that...

Im interested in hearing others experiences with panos from just 2 photos.... any similar problems? any suggestions?

Message posted by johnfl68 on February-01-2006 at 1:46pm
View johnfl68's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by johnfl68 Search   Visit johnfl68's Homepage www   Quote johnfl68 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
johnfl68
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
May-27-2005
70 Posts
Do you have the lens flush (tight) up against the mount? If it is not, then I would understand the football shape. The lens need to be flush with the surface of the mount, otherwise thing will not line up.

I have the MrotatorA with the FC-E8 and love it, things come out much better than with others that I have tried.

John

Message posted by smooth on February-02-2006 at 1:00am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

This has been covered a long time ago. The FC-E9 with all those crazy adaptors in NOT a 183 degree lens on this Coolpix 8800 camera. Nikon admit this. In fact they tell you on their website. You MUST shoot 3 shots to create a 360x180 degree panorama.

The MrotatorB from www.agnos.com with support bracket works perfectly with this combination. The camera must be perfectly level in the 0-360 position and must not be re levelled in position 2 or 3. The Kaidan panohead wont make your lens capture any more image. Thus, would be a total waste of time and money, not to mention an inferior product in comparison.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by nc360 on February-09-2006 at 1:27pm
View nc360's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by nc360 Search   Quote nc360 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
nc360
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
February-09-2006
4 Posts
Smooth,
You said that the FC-E9 is not a 183 degree lens with the 8800. Can you tell me if it is a 183 degree lens with a cp5700?
Tobin

Message posted by 360texas on February-09-2006 at 1:42pm
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

Hmm would have to think about the E9 angle of view.

Dave

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by smooth on February-10-2006 at 7:15am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

As far as I can remember the FC-E9 is 183 degree on all Nikon Coolpix cameras except the Coolpix 8800. To confirm this read the information on Nikon's website.

All of this information is based on you having your camera in Fisheye (1) Mode (Full circular)

It is still recommended you shoot and stitch 3 fisheye images though.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by nc360 on February-10-2006 at 10:26am
View nc360's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by nc360 Search   Quote nc360 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
nc360
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
February-09-2006
4 Posts
Thanks! I am just learning to take 360 spherical images and this information helps.

You did mention:   
All of this information is based on you having your camera in Fisheye (1) Mode (Full circular)

I don't think that my cp5700 has this mode, does it?

Thank you again,
Tobin

Message posted by smooth on February-10-2006 at 11:06am
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

I don't own a Coolpix 5700 but it should have a Fisheye lens setting in the menu.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by zxcvbnm on February-11-2006 at 8:10am
View zxcvbnm's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by zxcvbnm Search   Quote zxcvbnm Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
zxcvbnm
Gold Member
Gold Member

September-16-2005
156 Posts
If your thinking of buying a coolpix 5700 bear in mind I think the 5400 was the wide angle model and so probably better just as the 8400 is the newer wideangle coolpix.

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register