Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver

Subject Topic: Tripod in the way Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by alexclassics on February-02-2006 at 9:36am
View alexclassics's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by alexclassics Search   Quote alexclassics Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
alexclassics
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Arab Emirates
February-02-2006
12 Posts

Hi,

so I need to remove the Tripod from the panorama.....do you guys keep the legs of your tripod a bit closer then normal so that it takes less space in the picture and it is easier to be removed from the panorama?

When I take the arial picture of the area where the tripod was standing do I use the same Fish Eye lens? Or i change to a normal lens?   I tried using the Fish eye lense but the lines of the tiles of the floor are obviously distorted while the panorama has all straight lines cause I transformed it in cubic so I cannot match the lines in a cut and paste work with photoshop.

Also how do you take the arial picture? Do you actually hold the camera facing the floor with your arms extended in that kind of unconfortable position? 

If you change the lens to take the arial, how would you go about the exposure? I guess the exposure lock will go off as you change the lense?

Thanks,

Alex. 

Message posted by alexclassics on February-04-2006 at 12:42am
View alexclassics's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by alexclassics Search   Quote alexclassics Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
alexclassics
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Arab Emirates
February-02-2006
12 Posts

Hey, I am self developing I think I can answer my question myself.

here is how I think it goes:

I use Nikon D50, manfrotto 190 and agnos rotator short.

a) I take the 6 pictures ( 4 +T+B )

b) I take another 6 picture (4+T+B) but this time the B picture will be by hand without tripod trying to keep the camera as close as possible to the Tripod position when taking the B shot, this means that I would be holding the camera away from my body, with my arms extended trying not to move and keeping my feet out of the picture as much as possible.

c) I  load the first 6 pictures in Panoweaver then I prestich them then I stich them then click the convert botton so to convert the Panorama in cubic and then I save it on my desktop let's say that I call it "Panowithtripod"

d) I load the the second 6 pictures in panoweaver then I prestich them then I stich them and then again I convert them into cubic and I save the file as let's say "Panowithmanualshot"

e) I open both the files in Photoshop and finally I can try to do my cut and past and eventually all corrections that I need to make it look as good as possible. ( ...it will take me sometimes to learn the tools of Photoshop )

Alex. 

Message posted by smooth on February-04-2006 at 2:07am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Alex,

What your saying is a tried and tested method.

Sometimes you take the down shot twice from either side so as to capture the whole area without feet.

Mostly though, we convert the panorama to cubic mode and clone and heal the tripod out of the image, Save and then convert back to spherical.

Regards, Smooth 

Message posted by alexclassics on February-04-2006 at 12:07pm
alexclassics
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Arab Emirates
February-02-2006
12 Posts

Hey Thanks smooth....that's a good point.

Message posted by adavis2 on February-09-2006 at 2:33pm
View adavis2's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by adavis2 Search   Quote adavis2 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
adavis2
Standard Member
Standard Member

September-12-2005
46 Posts
If you're just looking for a smaller footprint, what i do is extend the upper section of my tripod legs, and extend the center pole out as high as needed.  Doing this gives a smaller stance with less tripod and smaller stamp needed.

Message posted by eagle on February-09-2006 at 2:39pm
View eagle's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by eagle Search   Quote eagle Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
eagle
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

April-14-2004
382 Posts
Interesting idea adavis2.

I take it the center post has to be absolutely stable and not wobble when you turn camera to prevent misalignment.

r,
eagle

Message posted by adavis2 on February-09-2006 at 2:41pm
View adavis2's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by adavis2 Search   Quote adavis2 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
adavis2
Standard Member
Standard Member

September-12-2005
46 Posts

A stable center post is definately a plus.  This method is not as sturdy, but for the most part i dont have any problem at all.  I find extending the centerpost up higher puts things out of level from when its down, but i just level from the extended position and all is well.

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register