Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: 303SPH VS 303PLUS Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by rocket on February-14-2006 at 10:36pm
View rocket's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by rocket Search   Quote rocket Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
rocket
Standard Member
Standard Member
Canada
February-14-2006
10 Posts

I ordered a 303SPH and a 303PLUS has arrived instead and it took almost two weeks for it to arrive! I needed it like yesterday and still have to teach myself how to use all of this equipment - software etc. Should I return it and wait for the SPH... so I can take the T&B shots? Which one of these is the better product? or the better product to use for real estate shots etc?

Using a Canon 20D w Sigma 8mm

My first post and many more to come

Thanks in advance

Message posted by smooth on February-15-2006 at 12:19am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Use can use it BUT! I would return it.

The 303Plus is not a very well recommended panohead and on top of that is priced quite considerably lower then the 303SPH

Personally I wouldn't want either. Because of the known flex within both of these products and the fact they are over priced for what they are. (But this is only my personally opinion)

I believe the issue with the 303Plus is that the fisheye captures some of the panohead when shooting. It may depend on the camera lens position and modal but you can only set it up so the entrance pupil (nodal point) in correct position.

A very good majority here on this Easypano forum use the MrotatorTCPS for their panohead of choice. These come from www.agnos.com and incorporate the Manfrotto quick release.

Maybe the one listed on ebay (as we speak) might be a better option for you?

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by rocket on February-15-2006 at 7:36am
View rocket's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by rocket Search   Quote rocket Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
rocket
Standard Member
Standard Member
Canada
February-14-2006
10 Posts

Advice Taken

Thanks again!

Message posted by maserati on March-08-2006 at 11:12pm
View maserati's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by maserati Search   Quote maserati Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
maserati
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
August-04-2005
51 Posts
I am invested in the kaidan set up with the QP IV and the portrait brackets. They are solid and there is not much movement. There is very little tripod in the bottom of my shots, infact only the adjuster knob/handles show up. Smaller versions may not. But The bubble level ends up directly below the lens and is hard to see. What are your thoughts on the QPIV, be gentle, I own it and can't afford anything else right now.

BTW, The cloning for the black spot on top is sketchy. IE it looks a bit unnatural, when cloning. I get a better result actually painting with a matching hue of the blue sky.

I have the 300D with the sigma 8 ex and have a measurement of 105 on the main QP IV bracket and 108 on the cross plate ( forgot what they call it, the other measurement)

Anyone with this exact setup? What have you got for nodal measures?

-------------
John R Sembrot

Message posted by smooth on March-09-2006 at 12:07am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Kaidan product is OK. In fact most here started with it. But their service and support is abysmal and that is why most refuse to use this brand anymore. On top of that they are a total rip off on freight charges outside of the USA and not flexible or helpful. The Australian distributor gave up on them years ago.

Even emails direct to the owner personal email go unanswered "Jim Anders" as much as I once tried to throw money at them they couldn't be bothered. Thus we found better to deal with, that offer a superior product for our needs. 

Cloning is an art form in itself. Show us your results and you will get some feedback.

Regards, Smooth 

Message posted by maserati on March-09-2006 at 8:45pm
View maserati's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by maserati Search   Quote maserati Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
maserati
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
August-04-2005
51 Posts
Cool I will put some stuff up. I was so intimidated by the whole overseas aspect of agnos. When you hit english it came across as english "britain english". I am no xenophobe but a little text showing that they welcome business where ever it is from might have helped me. The lines on their stuff are beautiful and light and just the placement of that bubble level shows some good engineering and forethought. Well all this equipment will be obsolete in a few years anyways. :0

-------------
John R Sembrot

Message posted by smooth on March-10-2006 at 12:07am
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

The world is now a very small place.

It seems that after years of watching it is only the American's who shutter at the though of buying from outside their own country (or Canada).

Just because it is not at the local shops doesn't mean you can't have one. World freight services are very quick and reliable these days. For me living in one country and never risking buying from another would be a very boring existence.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by spinem on March-17-2006 at 3:22am
View spinem's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by spinem Search   Quote spinem Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
spinem
Gold Member
Gold Member

February-02-2005
180 Posts
i've built my one SPH head. looks great, and giving me great results too.
I'm happy with it :) I wish I never bought the manfrotto 303 plus... though I wouldnot have known how to build one if I haven't had one before.

Message posted by 360texas on March-17-2006 at 10:27am
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

Spinem,  yes we were hesitant in buying a pan head.  Did not want to spend the money only to stop making pano's.  We have a Nikon 990 and we hand made a small L bracket for it.  Actually we made 3 handmade brackets.   Took several test pano's just to prove to myself that they worked.  Used the best one on our first on our first "for pay" panorama project.  Made some money using the hand made L bracket.  Worked 2 more paying projects.. imaging turned out great. 

The logic was if the handmade one worked well, then the manufactured one should work REALLY well.  So then had enough money to actually buy one.   3 camera upgrades later still using the panhead we bought.

Idea was I had working proof of the handmade concept function worked well and learned alot in the process and knew what features we wanted [or didnt need]  in the purchased version.

Dave

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by spinem on March-22-2006 at 5:13pm
View spinem's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by spinem Search   Quote spinem Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
spinem
Gold Member
Gold Member

February-02-2005
180 Posts
Well, In My case I stopped using the manfrotto head and now I only use the one i built. Of course I would've never been able to build this one if I didn't already have one in my hand and knew how stuff should go.
The head it self wasn't cheap nor that easy to make. But its worth the effort, I believe.

Took me two days to make all the measurements and sketches on CAD. autoCAD helped simulate the head and allowed me to use the head as if it was in real life.... which enabled me to notice some of the mistakes i've done in the design.

Another day to find a workshop willing to work on the head at the price I had in mind.

Working on the head took One whole day and a half.

After that I've encountered two "bugs" that were fixed in an hour.

The result is a 303SPH replica with some of the "quick release" features like the ones on the original, and some "quick angle selection" that even the original one doesn't have :p

Now my next project is to have it motorized & controlled by a remot controller. It should be easy, But only if I have the time to do it.....

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register