Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: Nikon sadness Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by capture on February-15-2006 at 10:59am
View capture's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by capture Search   Quote capture Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
capture
Standard Member
Standard Member
Cayman Islands
February-15-2006
6 Posts

I love the panos my Nikon/Kiwi 990 wth fisheye FC-E8 produces, unfortunately i have to use elastic bands around the battery compartment to keep the contact on the loose door :-(  After years of changing batteries, it has become loose, and for the money it would cost to replace the part it doesn't seem worth it.  Is there another Nikon camera i can use with the same fisheye lens and kiwi? I don't have alot of money to spend on a whole new camera system

your thoughts appreciated.

Message posted by 360texas on February-15-2006 at 1:02pm
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts
Nikon 4200? maybe.. or the 4500 has  28mm diameter lens threads that can use the Nikkor FC-e8 fisheye... do not recall right now.

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by RuddersUK on February-15-2006 at 8:14pm
View RuddersUK's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by RuddersUK Search   Visit RuddersUK's Homepage www   Quote RuddersUK Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
RuddersUK
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United Kingdom
July-16-2004
372 Posts
Nikon 4500 and various others are compatible. i currently use an 8400 with the e8 lens with pretty good results.

these are a few 4 shot panos taken with the 8400

www.virtualscarborough.co.uk/whitby

Message posted by virtualsv on February-15-2006 at 9:32pm
View virtualsv's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by virtualsv Search   Visit virtualsv's Homepage www   Quote virtualsv Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
virtualsv
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
June-09-2005
118 Posts

Do you loose the ceiling and floor when you use 8400?

-------------
Miguel Martinez
Virtual Tour Designer
360 Design Studio (Formally known as VirtualSV)
support@360designstudio.com

Message posted by Gen. Lee on February-15-2006 at 9:57pm
View Gen. Lee's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Gen. Lee Search   Quote Gen. Lee Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Gen. Lee
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-15-2005
372 Posts

The CP5000 is the last model that will except the FC-E8. See this link for a compatability list.

http://nikonimaging.com/global/products/accessory/converter/list.htm

Any CP cameras released after the CP5000 must use the FC-E9

I was lucky and found a new CP5000 - usa model for $475. There are some reconditioned models out there for very affordable prices. Look at the list and I bet you can find a camera for under $300 bucks that will use the FC-E8

There are other cameras that can use the FC-E8 lens. You will have to do a little searching but I have seen third party adapters for this lens that will work with cameras other than nikon.

General Lee

Message posted by zxcvbnm on February-16-2006 at 6:21am
View zxcvbnm's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by zxcvbnm Search   Quote zxcvbnm Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
zxcvbnm
Gold Member
Gold Member

September-16-2005
156 Posts
Nikon have a chart of everything that is compatible with the fc-e8

http://nikonimaging.com/global/products/accessory/converter/list.htm

to that you can add rudder's find of the coolpix 8400 and luc vascon's find of the canon a95 .

The 4500 is the last of the swivel bodies but sells for a fortune on ebay, almost as much as the better 8400. I think you can still buy it new too.

Main trouble is I don't know if your kaidan kiwi requires a special bracket for each camera? If so its probably hard to get them now for different cameras. You could get a second hand 990 but might be as worn as your own and I don't have any idea if any of the other cameras is the same size, sorry.

Ooh that said I see that for 40 dollars kaidan still sell a nikon 5000 bracket and perhaps others compatible with the kiwi-990 if that is what you have.

http://www.kaidan.com/Detail.bok?no=118

The coolpix 5000's are really getting quite affordable second hand.

Message posted by RuddersUK on February-16-2006 at 9:37am
View RuddersUK's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by RuddersUK Search   Visit RuddersUK's Homepage www   Quote RuddersUK Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
RuddersUK
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United Kingdom
July-16-2004
372 Posts
Quote: Originally posted by virtualsv on February-15-2006

Do you loose the ceiling and floor when you use 8400?

Depends how many shots you use. you can use 3 full circular shots right upto 6 plus t&b shots depending on requirements

Message posted by zxcvbnm on February-16-2006 at 9:53am
View zxcvbnm's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by zxcvbnm Search   Quote zxcvbnm Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
zxcvbnm
Gold Member
Gold Member

September-16-2005
156 Posts
Incidentally rudders if you ever wanted to post any interior shots with your combo that would be great. Very curious how it copes with less light. I know my fc-e9 is actually often ok outside in bright light its inside I have more trouble keeping things clear.

Tnaks

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register