Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: Perfect stich! Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by plooney on February-22-2003 at 8:33pm
View plooney's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by plooney Search   Quote plooney Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
plooney
Standard Member
Standard Member
Italy
April-28-2002
13 Posts

Hi, guys. I'd submit you my new experiment with 2 new panos. This is equipment to realize him:
nikon cp 4500 and fc e8
tripod manfotto and manfrotto's qtvr head
and panoweaver 3, naturally!
No change setup in software, no retouch. Only shot and stich!
I think is a good result. Send me your opinions. Thanks.
Forgive my bad english if you can.
The links.
http://www.aritmedia.com/panostudy/in.html
http://www.aritmedia.com/panostudy/out.html

Message posted by msb2002 on February-23-2003 at 12:06am
View msb2002's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by msb2002 Search   Visit msb2002's Homepage www   Quote msb2002 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
msb2002
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
September-24-2002
97 Posts

Plooney,

Looks very good.  One of the better 2 hemis I have seen.  I can't do that without retouching.

Scott

Message posted by smooth on February-23-2003 at 1:06am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Plooney, nice shots!

msb2002, I think you will find that they are 3 shot panos

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by plooney on February-23-2003 at 1:17am
View plooney's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by plooney Search   Quote plooney Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
plooney
Standard Member
Standard Member
Italy
April-28-2002
13 Posts
yes they are 3 shots. 

Message posted by 360texas on February-23-2003 at 9:07am
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

I made a small 1.5" x 3"   "reminder card"  that I taped to my pan head.  It reads like this:
----------------------------------|
Menu items: Rec-M  P mode
Res full fine 2048 x 1536 300 ppi 
Fisheye lens 1 mode

Location 1

Tripod ?place on even surface
Sun to Back  tripod 90deg L or R

AE Lock set

Level up Image 1 take image

Level up Image 2 take image

Level up Image 3 take image

AE Lock reset

Location 2

Tripod place on even surface
Sun to Back  tripod 90deg L or R

Level up Image 1 take image

Level up Image 2 take image

Level up Image 3 take image

AE Lock reset

When in doubt re take 3
------------------------------------|

Just a thought this Saturday evening.

Dave

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by msb2002 on February-23-2003 at 10:34am
View msb2002's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by msb2002 Search   Visit msb2002's Homepage www   Quote msb2002 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
msb2002
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
September-24-2002
97 Posts

I guess I should learn how to read.  Saw where he said to panos and it just stuck in my head.  Must be the terrible winter we are having here in Indiana.

Scott

Message posted by John on February-23-2003 at 12:29pm
View John's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by John Search   Quote John Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
John
Standard Member
Standard Member

December-31-2002
38 Posts
Hey 360Texas,

I am curious about your instruction card above. It sounds like you are saying to level (camera? tripod?) before each shot. That doesn't sound right somehow. I would think you wouldn't want to change anything in between shots for a pano, only when moving to a new location.

and also

Plooney,

Why is the tripod disappearing like that right under the camera? Though the panos look great, that makes me wonder if you have the nodal point of the lens centered on the axis of rotation. You should definitely be able to see the mounting point directly below. The only time I have seen the "disappearing tipod" trick happen is when the camera is just mounted on a tripod with the fisheye sticking out in front of where it should be. The floor not quite lining up in the inside shot may indicate this too.

John

Message posted by smooth on February-23-2003 at 11:00pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Hi all,

I was of the beleif that you only need level your camera/tripod once! Then take your images? Am I wrong?

As for the dissapearing tripod, this is mainly what the thread I started (What's the Differance?) was about! I was/am trying to find out why other people get a different result E.g: Tripod showing, Partly showing, not showing etc.

If we finally get a clear day I will post some pano's with camera up and camera down to show the difference with my set up.

All help appreciated.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by 360texas on February-23-2003 at 11:19pm
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

Setting up the tripod... means ALL on floor carpet, not 2 legs on carpet and 1 leg on floor tile.... one leg will be lower than the other 2.

I find that ALL our 3 images TOPS will be level aligned along the top if each image shot is individually MICRO leveled. 

Other wise the second image will stair step down [read pitch down or up].. then the 3rd image will be lower than the prior 2.  When you encounter a stairstep affect in the final stitched image it means you probably will encounter stitch mis matches at the seams.  By micro leveling up on each shot... you do not get the stairstep affect and far few seam stitch errors.

And our tripod cap (on preview) is nearly almost a round circle, indicating that we are shooting using the proper nodal point. OR virtually no Parallax.  When previewing the stitched image..if you look down.. and your tripod cap is anything OTHER than round.. your camera lens is not at the proper nodal point and needs to be corrected. Correcting the nodal point alot of your stitch errors will go away. 

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by msb2002 on February-24-2003 at 4:18am
msb2002
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
September-24-2002
97 Posts

Pano of our daily snow storm this winter. http://www.seeitin360.com/snowscript.html

I really like the new Panoweaver version!

Scott

Can't wait for Forida and Puerto Rico soon.

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register