Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: fade dark ring problem with sigma 8mm. Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by atomicmak on February-21-2006 at 2:39am
View atomicmak's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by atomicmak Search   Visit atomicmak's Homepage www   Quote atomicmak Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
atomicmak
Standard Member
Standard Member
India
November-19-2005
54 Posts
Nikon Capture software is the best i've found to convert raw to tiff file but it has one limitation of removing that dark ring vignette from raw file which photoshop has the facility to remove.

other than every option is really good in Nikon Capture 4.3

can anyone have worked on that part in Nikon Capture to remove that vignett?

-------------
Regards
mak
www.vox360.in

Message posted by smooth on February-21-2006 at 7:24am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

You don't need to remove it. It is not used in the stitch and doesn't show in the final panorama because of the amount of overlap.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by atomicmak on February-21-2006 at 1:30pm
View atomicmak's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by atomicmak Search   Visit atomicmak's Homepage www   Quote atomicmak Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
atomicmak
Standard Member
Standard Member
India
November-19-2005
54 Posts

it make some darker spot on bottom as i use 4+T at some pano and 4 only for some.

if not used top/bottom it make dark cross on top and bottom.

anyway i right now use photoshop but would wish to use nikon capture to have it godd image quality enhancement with more controls if just ring problem can solve.

-------------
Regards
mak
www.vox360.in

Message posted by smooth on February-22-2006 at 12:35am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Typically the areas you speak of we simply use the Healing and Cloning tools in Photoshop to rectify.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by Thomas on February-23-2006 at 4:06am
View Thomas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Thomas Search   Visit Thomas's Homepage www   Quote Thomas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Thomas
Gold Member
Gold Member

May-18-2002
157 Posts
I use PTLens from epaperpress.com to correct the images of the Sigma 8mm. Conversion of my raw files is done with CaptureOne or with RawShooter.

Thomas

Message posted by Electrick on February-23-2006 at 4:01pm
View Electrick's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Electrick Search   Quote Electrick Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Electrick
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
February-21-2006
2 Posts
I have had this problem using other software but I think the fix will be the same. I usually shoot in raw with my canon, and then use the "apply camera raw settings". In the advanced mode you will see a lens tab. Go in ther and set your vignetting midpoint and amount. I am using +70 amount and 30 as the mid point. This works well to my eye but I have seen some advice to set the amount to 100 and midpoint to 0. You'll have to experiment to see what works for you.

Hope that helps.

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register