Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: Virtual Tour vs. Video Tour Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by zjoker on March-02-2006 at 11:34pm
View zjoker's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by zjoker Search   Visit zjoker's Homepage www   Quote zjoker Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
zjoker

May-23-2002
122 Posts

I am not sure about everyone else, but around here the debate over video tours vs virtual tours are starting to heat up. Maybe it just feels like it is heating up due to me preferring to offer the virtual tour over the video tour.  But I do offer both.

The reason I started this thread is to try to get some help in creating a pros and cons list of the video vs pano. I want to make sure I give my clients accurate information and welcome any input as I try to work up a pamphlet with the info.

Video tours have to be displayed in either movie or flash format as far as I know (please correct me if I am wrong on any of these points). What would be the ratio of computers that would need to download/install a player for either the movie or flash in comparison to those computers needing to get the latest JVM? I think is a big thing to be able to tell my clients that more computers are needing flash players/movie players than those that need java.

Another point would be the amount of control the visitor has in  a virtual tour vs a video tour. Would you agree? Video can only display what the videographer wants to show you. Virtual tour will show those lofted ceilings, tile floors, chandeliers, rafters etc. at the users control.

It's  a wash on placing the tours to cd, dvd, website etc. What about the file size/download time?

On another note. How cool would it be to be able to place these virtual tours on dvd and have the customer be able to control the tour with their remote? Maybe even place the dvd in your playstation game and control the tour with your controller. Does anyone know if this is possible?...maybe a feature coming in the future?

Thanks for your time.

Kris

Message posted by emarts on March-03-2006 at 10:34am
View emarts's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by emarts Search   Visit emarts's Homepage www   Quote emarts Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
emarts
Gold Member
Gold Member

June-08-2005
188 Posts
Well, I looked at some video tours and I was not impressed. I didn't have the patience to look at the whole video and I was annoyed at the person narrating it. But that's just me.

I like Virtual Tours better, because I view exactly what I want, when I want. But I can see how video tours can appeal to Realtors, especially if they have the chance to be in it. Realtors seem to prefer promoting themselves than the properties they show.

I did see somewhere Virtual Videos. The videos were shot with fisheyes or something and as the video played the viewer could click and pan like a regular static Virtual Tour. That was actually pretty interesting.

Message posted by rob360 on March-29-2006 at 6:34am
View rob360's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by rob360 Search   Quote rob360 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
rob360
Standard Member
Standard Member

March-25-2006
4 Posts
Quote: How cool would it be to be able to place these virtual tours on dvd and have the customer be able to control the tour with their remote?

It has been done ... I remember seeing this topic on Panoguide announcing a beta testing program and pointing to this virtual tour on DVD demo.

The video quality is excellent (that's what their service provides, panorama/QTVR to video conversion) and you can do your own DVD authoring (they claim to provide instructions, along with the DVD-Video mpeg2 files) or they can do it for you.

The navigation is very smooth. You use the arrow keys on your remote to pan left or right.

I'm wondering if this could be the next big thing, cause everybody has and knows how to operate a DVD player.

Download the demo, burn it to a DVD , then spend the next half an hour spinning around, like I did :D and you'll see what I mean.

I'm considering bulk ordering some tours on DVD and offering this as a regular service to my clients.

Message posted by use2bkewl on March-29-2006 at 11:07am
View use2bkewl's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by use2bkewl Search   Quote use2bkewl Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
use2bkewl
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
August-16-2005
62 Posts
Zjoker just wondering what kind of video cam you use?

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register