Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver

Subject Topic: CD Quality Virtual Tours Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by maserati on March-06-2006 at 12:00am
View maserati's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by maserati Search   Quote maserati Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
maserati
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
August-04-2005
51 Posts
I am onboard with PW4 and TW. Recently upgraded to the drum stitch and have been double stitching tours and saving the CD size stitch in one directory and publishing the QTVR to another directory. I am asked sometimes by the homeowner if they can have a copy of the virtual tour and I can get more money from them than the Realtor if I had the final product.

TW is just to slow with the big files or just does not work at all with the 1.5 to 3 mb file size. So I naturally gravitated towards the QTVR and the full screen stuff that you see. They are beautiful, getting more that one node in a scene is a highly regarded secret or real technical because I have searched high and low and just can not find and answer.

I have been to a few sites that get close but the copy and paste technigues they describe do not work.

Apple site 1

Apple site 2

Apple site 3

This guy seems to have had some freeware on his website that is no longer available

Marink VRL

The QTVR manual mentions two programs QuickTime VR
Authoring Studio, PanoWorx, and I have scene mentions of director mx as well. I can find nothing on the apple website regarding the authoring studio, and Panoworx is $150.

Can a high res tour with a large screen size be done in TW? I just do not see how. I love the QTVR full screen and I see that no where in TW. No to mention once you get the multiple panos into one .Mov file would it then be able to export the whole thing into DV for a DVD version.

I might be able to market the High Res CD/ DVD combo for $100 to $200. Are there any tuturials around on creating the multi node QTVR Scene?

Thanks for any direction on creating one of these.

J Sembrot

300d
sig 8mm
QP IV

Sample tour

Sample Virtual Tour

Not my best work, I was going to use HDR on the fisheyes, but was using Apeture Priority mode w/ bracketed exp. +2/-2. Realize now that the exposures were not going properly and that I need to manually adjust exposure while in manual mode for better results. The 3 8mm shots I thought would be easier than the 12 I had to take with the 15mm diag fisheye, there just seems to be more of a learning curve.

-------------
John R Sembrot

Message posted by smooth on March-06-2006 at 12:19am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Hi John,

You can place multiple hotspots in a .mov using Pano2QTVR Pro. It is a very powerful not very expensive product.

Re: your sample tour.

• You should build yourself a "loader" screen (Loose the easypano loader)
  • What's with the black hole in the sky?
  • Use a "Tripod Cap" to cover your tripod or better still clone it out.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by maserati on March-06-2006 at 11:09am
View maserati's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by maserati Search   Quote maserati Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
maserati
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
August-04-2005
51 Posts
Thanks for the software. Any comments on getting the job done with TW? Thanks for reminding me to get my biz straightened out. I just started with the PW stitching and need to create the floor and ceiling tiles. Are the dimensions standard, is the an equation that you can figure out how big it needs to be with each output? I am thinking that they would need to be bigger or smaller pixel dimensions depending on the PW output dimensions.

The black whole in the sky is the uncaptured real esate with the 8mm and a 1.6 digtial cmos crop factor. My hardware does not rotate up, So I need to either put a copyright/promotional tile up there, a handheld ceiling shot, or purchase a full sensor dslr for 3k. bTW one or two are the only available options.

Words from a master, I am your humble recipient great virtual deity.

Grasshopper Sembrot

-------------
John R Sembrot

Message posted by 360texas on March-06-2006 at 12:09pm
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

To remove the black hole in the sky... while in photo shop open the panorama.  Then use the clone or healing tool to remove the black band across the top of your image.

If my site is still up click here to see http://www.360texas.com/tips/star.htm

The black rabbit hole at the bottom of your image can be replaced using an advertising 'Floor' graphic.

And yes suggest doing something with the 'Splash' loading screen.

Dave

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by smooth on March-06-2006 at 10:50pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Tourweaver is not suited to hi-res and does not output Quicktime. You are best served to use the image output from Panoweaver and use pano2qtvr to make hi-res full screen panorama virtual tours.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by maserati on March-08-2006 at 9:42pm
maserati
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
August-04-2005
51 Posts
Thanks for the direction. Photographers are so cool, and helpful !

-------------
John R Sembrot

Message posted by maserati on March-09-2006 at 9:03pm
maserati
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
August-04-2005
51 Posts
Pano2QTVR works with hotspots and they are just references to separate .movs. I am imagining just one .mov file and all the other scenes included in one big movie.

The thing about Pano2QTVR is that if your in the front of the house and you have a hotspot to go inside. Then you are now inside you need more hotspots to go through the house. So you start another Pano2QTVR project with its own hotspot. And so on and so on. Then what you dump everything on the CD and program a primary .mov (the front) to auto start and then the individual opens one after another. BTW I am thinking out loud here.

I already had problems last night with the demo and file references after production. I guess it would be the same as one big movie going from one node to another.

-------------
John R Sembrot

Message posted by smooth on March-10-2006 at 12:00am
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

This is covered in the tutorials on the www.pano2qtvr.com website. Instruction and help for that program really should be targeted to that website or another "universal" forum.

What is you are tyring to achieve is totally possible and you are correct it is passing from one node to another. The final result is one display (html) page with multiple .mov files.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by Pokko on March-10-2006 at 6:45am
View Pokko's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Pokko Search   Visit Pokko's Homepage www   Quote Pokko Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Pokko
Standard Member
Standard Member
Netherlands
November-21-2005
33 Posts
Is it possible to have 'sprites' over your hotspots (like arrows, or infobuttons) in pano2qtvr? I used it to create a sample tour on my website: 360Photo.nl >> then click 'voorbeelden'.

I don't have Tourweaver yet, I need to make some money now first, so had to make the tour this way.
I'd make the same sample with Java if I could add hotspots to it.

Message posted by smooth on March-10-2006 at 8:24am
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Yes you can add images to hyperlinks with pano2qtvr "Pro" you can even add flash.

Also you can add hot spots in Java and mostly the same way.

PTViewer is the answer for this. Easypano make PTViewer Stitcher to aid you with this. Absolutely everything that can be done with Tourweaver can be mimicked in the most part by PTViewer coding. But what you must understand is that this is manual coding no fancy easy to use GUI.

See http://users2.ev1.net/~wufdog/PT/index.htm for some great answers.

Regards, Smooth

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register