Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver

Subject Topic: MLS rule for branding panos? Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by btos on March-09-2006 at 1:21am
View btos's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by btos Search   Visit btos's Homepage www   Quote btos Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
btos
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
March-08-2006
18 Posts
I have a new client who believes that there are issues within the MLS ads for real estate's virtual tours. My client believes that the advertisement of the realtor within the pano or on the page, would be a violation of MLS rules. All the panos that I've seen, of any quality, are promoting a specific realtor or agent. I like to use a floor logo, along with other banners on the pano page views but the client thinks I should remove them... Everyone can't be wrong but I don't know how to explain how the rules are met by other pano creators. Does anyone have the low-down on this issue?

Message posted by zjoker on March-09-2006 at 2:05am
View zjoker's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by zjoker Search   Visit zjoker's Homepage www   Quote zjoker Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
zjoker

May-23-2002
122 Posts

I have went through this in the past. MLS rules vary from state to state, but most follow the same rules.

You can not brand a photo that will be placed into mls with the realtor info. Why?...because that tour can be pulled from any realtors website that offers mls search. You can however place your own floor cap with your company info, as long as it doesnt link to any page with realtor info, or your website.

Most VT providers (including myself) are starting to work up 2 tours for each listing. One very basic tour without all the realtor info to be placed into mls, and the other with all the realtor info so they can place it on their website.

Hope this helps.

Kris

Message posted by rickske on March-09-2006 at 3:36am
View rickske's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by rickske Search   Visit rickske's Homepage www   Quote rickske Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
rickske
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
January-11-2005
34 Posts
I have ran into the same problem as well. The whole reason behind the "Branded" and "Non-Branded" issue is because if say Agent #2 is browsing through Agent #1's listing with virtual tour. #2 would love to forward it to a potential buyer/seller without having the risk of the buyer/seller to go to Agent #1 directly and skipping #2 for a referral fee! It all boils down to money. That's why I create BOTH a "Branded" and "Non-Branded" virtual tour for my clients. Hope this helps.

As far as logo's go, I always just incorporate my own company's logo and don't offer the option of having agent's pictures on there. Unless, of course, for a fee. ;)

Message posted by Blacktip on March-09-2006 at 5:23am
View Blacktip's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Blacktip Search   Quote Blacktip Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Blacktip
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
March-07-2006
39 Posts

MLS rules vary not only from state to state, but from Board of Realtors to Board of Realtors. I belong to two, and there are two different sets of rules governing them even though they overlap coverage areas. Some areas have three or more BOR's (coastal areas of Texas is my reference) covering each overlapping area and even one blanket BOR as such for a county with each city within the county having its own BOR.

Message posted by eagle on March-09-2006 at 8:08am
View eagle's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by eagle Search   Quote eagle Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
eagle
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

April-14-2004
382 Posts
Yes, I learned this actually from the folks at hometour360. They told me that if one is to do a tour for mls, then a generic non-branded is the best best to be safe. Then for realtor.com, it can have all the bells and whistles plus branding.

r,
eagle

Message posted by btos on March-09-2006 at 8:12am
View btos's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by btos Search   Visit btos's Homepage www   Quote btos Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
btos
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
March-08-2006
18 Posts
So most of the virtual tours that are advertisements for agents or companies are actually one of two panos of each stitching production? All I have ever seen are the vts with branding, which should be the panos for the company website. The vt listed on MLS would probably not be seen by anyone except MLS visitors?

I've got to explain the issue to the client and appreciate the input. The dual production makes sense but requires extra work. Since I placed the realtor's logo on the floor of the pano, I must now go into Photoshop and edit it out with my own logo that covers the tripod? Whew...this job just got harder. I'm in Florida's panhandle, if anyone has any more input. Thanks for the explanations.

Message posted by eagle on March-09-2006 at 9:21am
View eagle's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by eagle Search   Quote eagle Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
eagle
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

April-14-2004
382 Posts
Those are essentially two separate projects. Each should be priced separately.

Most realtors don't want to do the MLS version since most sellers only recognize realtor.com and demand that the tour be there.

MLS is primarily for realtors to review what's available.

But if the realtor wants to do both, then good for you. ;-)

r,
eagle

Message posted by zjoker on March-09-2006 at 10:36am
View zjoker's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by zjoker Search   Visit zjoker's Homepage www   Quote zjoker Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
zjoker

May-23-2002
122 Posts

I would have to say that in my area, that would not hold true. MLS is a major way for customers to search for homes, and each realtor makes sure to advertise that way. If you are a realtor without a website offering mls search tools, you may as well not even have the website.

I would guess that out of every 10 tours I do, 6 of them will say to "make sure the tour is on realtor.com" while all 10 would say "make sure it goes into mls"

What eagle has said used to be 100% true, but most mls providers now offer search tools for the customer, and not just for the realtor. It is a HUGE selling tool to their customers.

Message posted by zjoker on March-09-2006 at 10:45am
zjoker

May-23-2002
122 Posts

One other note. You said you were in the panhandle of Florida. In doing some research work for a realtor in Florida, I believe all IDX is provided by Florida Association of Realtors (FAR), so the rules should be standard throughout Florida how MLS is displayed in your state.

AS someone pointed out earlier, rules can vary from county to county, but what you will find in most cases - and true in your case -, is that all boards have to approve an IDX MLS provider. There are not alot of choices for them out there, so most in the same state will have the same provider. In fact, your IDX provider is the same as ours in NC, but your association has required different rules for the IDX provider to display the info.

Message posted by eagle on March-09-2006 at 10:59am
eagle
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

April-14-2004
382 Posts
Hi zj,

You are right in that the mls is a good tool for customers to look at info on house plus tours.

Why? Because when a realtor finds properties they want their customers to review, they send them a link to MLS.

But in terms of name recognition, I don't think MLS is up there yet. And what complicates it is that mls goes by different names for each state. With realtor.com, it is just that... realtor.com.

I haven't had a client ask for a tour for mls yet though. They all ask for tours for realtor.com. Not their choice really. They say their customers demand that their listing service include the tour at realtor.com. I've come across only one realtor whose client wanted the tour to appear in homesdatabase.com.

But we are providers ... we can post it wherever they want. As a funny salesman once said "We never say no, we just never say no charge."

r,
eagle

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register