Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: World Wide Panorama Event 15-21Mar Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by 360texas on March-10-2006 at 2:00pm
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

Announcement - University of California at Berkeley.

WWP Site: http://geoimages.berkeley.edu/wwp/index.html to see earlier Events.

Quote "The previous eight (8) events have created a showcase of VR photography, with 1759 panoramas by 605 photographers from 73 countries. The World Wide Panorama represents everyone in the VR community, from first-timers to professional photographers.

If you have not participated before - you may register and later submit your panorama here Preparation Server: http://128.32.102.88:8090/gen/ 

World Wide Panorama Event "Borders" is scheduled 15 - 21 March 2006.  This period is for taking your panorama.  Following week is preparation and submission time. Borders page is here:

http://geoimages.berkeley.edu/wwp/practical/NextEvent.html

To get a good understanding about the theme "Borders" look here:

http://geoimages.berkeley.edu/wwp/practical/NextEvent.html#theme

The WWP has a Yahoo Group and it can be found here:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/wwp/

Most importantly:  Lets have fun with this - New folks are most welcome at the WWP.

Dave

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by btos on March-11-2006 at 6:01pm
View btos's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by btos Search   Visit btos's Homepage www   Quote btos Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
btos
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
March-08-2006
18 Posts
An enjoyable event. The panos that I've seen are all done in Quicktime, which I know nothing about. The better panos were sharp images. I'm thinking that those panoramic images were not shot with a fisheye lens, which produces soft effects.My Nikon 5700 CoolPix shoots soft with a fisheye- no comparison to the stock lens. I've not gotten a crisp image, such as some of the exhibits. Unsharp mask only does so much. I am improving though.

Message posted by 360texas on March-12-2006 at 3:07pm
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

Tip:

Try UNsharpening your fisheye panorama image in Photoshop.  That will take some of the fuzziness off the finished image.

Dave

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by tdmerch on March-19-2006 at 9:27am
View tdmerch's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by tdmerch Search   Visit tdmerch's Homepage www   Quote tdmerch Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
tdmerch
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
March-06-2003
56 Posts

Hi all,

I want to participate in the "Borders" event, which will be my first time, if I can figure this out.  I went out and shot my pano and stitched it together. I have worked strictly with Java based projections so I'm confused about the QTVR format and the file format I need to submit.  I've read the instructions on the WWP website but I still am not sure what I need to send them.

Do I send an equirectangular file or a QTVR with cube faces?  Does the Panoweaver Spherical to Cubic conversion create the right format or do I need the 6 cube faces in separate files?  I have Pano2QTVR Gui and that splits up the cube faces.  I don't sent the a QuickTime ".mov" file do I?

Thanks,

Tom

Message posted by 360texas on March-19-2006 at 10:09am
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

Hi tdmerch,

I assume you have registered at the WWP and have received your USERID and Password.

You mentioned having already taken your Borders single images.  That is good.  From the 1 original image set  you will need to create 2 spherical pano equirectangular files. Let me see if I can simplify the WWP instructions

Stitch: [stitched pano's should be close to dimensions below]

Standard    3216 wide x 1608 high
Full Screen 6000 wide x 3000 high

Using pano2qtvr specify

Standard: Cube faces 1024 output viewer size 570 x 320
Check to make sure the resulting .mov is between 500 to 700kb

Full Screen: Cube faces 1908 output viewer size 570 x 320
Check to make sure the resuliting .mov is less than 2mb

Full screen.. the automated WWP web page will actually view this .mov at 1000 high x 1200 pixels

Now you have the standard .mov pano file say 600kb and the full screen pano less than 2mb files to upload to the WWP preparation server.  Both these files should be on your local hard drive.

Log into the preparation server, enter your userID and password.  This should  take you to "About the Photographer" page where you enter certain information about your self.  There should be a clickable link that says "Enter the WWP Borders".  Click that and a new page comes up.  You enter information about items like "title of your entry", location, UPLOAD Standard .mov, UPload Full Screen .mov, Geographic location coordinates Lat/Long Elevation, Equipment used to take the panoarma, short text narrative description etc.

For UPloading the Standard and Full screen just click and it will let you browse to your hard drive folder and .mov file... point to your panorama .mov and click  and it will automatically start uploading the panorama. Do the same for the full screen panorama.

Once you have uploaded your standard and full screen .mov... the WWP automation does all the rest.. like creating your unique "about the photographer", standard pano and full screen pano pages.

UPloading the files must be done by March 29 close of business midnight California time.  So if you need more help.. please lets talk and I can work with you and the WWP [yes I have talked with them before helping others get the content moved up to the prep server].

Dave

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by 360texas on March-22-2006 at 12:43pm
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

The time frame to take your panorama is now closed.  Please submit your panorama by 29 March.

Dave

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by tdmerch on March-24-2006 at 9:02am
View tdmerch's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by tdmerch Search   Visit tdmerch's Homepage www   Quote tdmerch Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
tdmerch
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
March-06-2003
56 Posts

Thanks Dave for your instructions, they were very helpful.  I submitted my panos so I will be part of the game.  It did take some time to fill out all the info. I was not very detailed with descriptions, nor have I added a photo of myself, but they have it set up so the info can be updated.  They sure do have a well designed automated submission form, I was impressed.

Thanks again, Tom

Message posted by 360texas on March-24-2006 at 9:35am
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

Good.  I need to upload ours today.

You can find us in the alphabetic listing under "Albright".  I use the same photographer photo in the WWP area.

So I should quickly go look at the list  to see how many "Tom's" are being shown from the US.

Dave

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by tdmerch on March-27-2006 at 7:06pm
tdmerch
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
March-06-2003
56 Posts

Merchant - Minnesota.

A funny story.  I went up to a nice spot overlooking a river between Minnesota and Wisconsin, snowshoes in, took the shot for this WWP event, prepped it and eventually uploaded it a couple days later.  I went to check out my pano on the map and there was another pano taken straight across on the other side of the river.  It was Ed Fink's, the guy that does the fantastic aerial 360s, www.bigeyeinthesky.com.  And I thought I was shooting something unique.

Message posted by 360texas on March-28-2006 at 8:50am
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

Did you see any snowshoe tracks on the opposite side riverbank ?  Did you see Ed waving back to you?

Yes that is an odd occurance.  You might consider going back in to the prep server and add an "Ed Fink was here"  narrative note.

Dave

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register