Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: Best setup for minimal shots Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by rfh12002 on March-12-2006 at 10:50am
View rfh12002's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by rfh12002 Search   Visit rfh12002's Homepage www   Quote rfh12002 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
rfh12002
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

July-07-2005
770 Posts

Dear all,

Please ignore my previous post on the D200. I'm looking to upgrade from a Nikon 5000 and FC-E8 to something a bit more muscly!

I'm hoping to take a minimal number of shots. 3 or  6 is what I'm looking for.

I'm wondering what the best set up would be - cam and lens wise?

Your help is much appreciated.

F

Message posted by RuddersUK on March-12-2006 at 12:44pm
View RuddersUK's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by RuddersUK Search   Visit RuddersUK's Homepage www   Quote RuddersUK Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
RuddersUK
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United Kingdom
July-16-2004
372 Posts
Hi forrest, Did you know you can use the coolpix 8400 with the e8 aswell? Nikon dont support this set up but it will give you an extra 3mp per frame!

THIS is a 4 shot taken with this combination

Message posted by rfh12002 on March-12-2006 at 2:38pm
View rfh12002's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by rfh12002 Search   Visit rfh12002's Homepage www   Quote rfh12002 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
rfh12002
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

July-07-2005
770 Posts

Nice work Rudders! Thanks for the tip.
I stayed in the grand circle place just opposite the stairs there once with two P7 classes.  Nice week but sooo cold!

F

Message posted by zxcvbnm on March-13-2006 at 9:31am
View zxcvbnm's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by zxcvbnm Search   Quote zxcvbnm Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
zxcvbnm
Gold Member
Gold Member

September-16-2005
156 Posts
OT but if rudders would like to show any examples taken indoors I for one would be very interested, cheers.

Message posted by use2bkewl on March-17-2006 at 7:09pm
View use2bkewl's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by use2bkewl Search   Quote use2bkewl Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
use2bkewl
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
August-16-2005
62 Posts
What would I need to use an 8400 with an FC-e8 lens? Also would the mrotator b be needed then I currentlt have the A?
Thanks

Message posted by RuddersUK on March-18-2006 at 5:48am
View RuddersUK's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by RuddersUK Search   Visit RuddersUK's Homepage www   Quote RuddersUK Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
RuddersUK
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United Kingdom
July-16-2004
372 Posts
You also need the UR-E15 lens adaptor. If you already have the e8 then just changing your camera is the cheapest option, also you can keep your same rotator. If you don't yet have the lens, Nikon recommend you use the FC-E9. One thing to note though setting up the camera is slightly more fiddly than just selecting the f1 setting as this is designed for the FC-E9. We use manual zoom for both full circular and full frame shots.

Hope this helps.

Message posted by zxcvbnm on March-18-2006 at 6:25am
View zxcvbnm's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by zxcvbnm Search   Quote zxcvbnm Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
zxcvbnm
Gold Member
Gold Member

September-16-2005
156 Posts
Incidentally just for comparison

the nikon d50 is now down to 400 with a basic lens or 340 without. A sigma 8mm ex lens would cost 500 for the latest dg version, 400 for the previous almost the same version or 300 for one imported off american ebay. (Thats uk pounds sterling, for some reason my pound symbols don't show up on this board)

You'd then need a panohead of some sort of course but you may already have something. Would thus be more expensive in the end but, expecially if you shot raw format, probably faster taking the pictures would be the main advantage.

Message posted by use2bkewl on March-19-2006 at 9:23pm
View use2bkewl's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by use2bkewl Search   Quote use2bkewl Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
use2bkewl
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
August-16-2005
62 Posts
Thanks Rudders I really like how your scene came out. I am using a CP5000 / FC-E8 with adapter / and MrotatorA, If I understand you right all I would need is the 8400, The MrotatorA will give me proper nodal point. Sorry to ask so much to you but I really like waht I saw. Is there any setting info you could share pertaining to indoor shooting. My problem now is the I want more color, and clarity in my shots. Thanks

Message posted by use2bkewl on March-22-2006 at 10:57am
use2bkewl
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
August-16-2005
62 Posts
Anyone tried this combination to hook it up?

Message posted by use2bkewl on March-22-2006 at 12:08pm
use2bkewl
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
August-16-2005
62 Posts
Thanks zxcvbnm, I appreciate the info I would like to purchase dsl later this year but really would like to find something in between and I think Rudders is on a good thing here. Please send your formula I want to buy a 8400 now.

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register