Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: colour differece when stitched together Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by Susz on March-28-2006 at 4:41am
View Susz's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Susz Search   Quote Susz Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Susz
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Kingdom
March-28-2006
33 Posts
Please can anyone help. I am new to panos and am having a problem when they are stitched together with colour differences. I can stitch them fine but there is always one shot that seems darker than the rest. I am aware that you need to have any main source of light at 90 degrees if you can so all the light isn't in any single shot. I am trying it out with two other people who are taking the shots. The equipment we have is:-nikon Coolpix 8700,  fisheye lens,  Mrotator B camera head with tripod. I seem to find conflicting ways of taking the shots. We are taking three 120 shots. I have read to keep the AE lock on; set the first shot up and only press the shutter halfway make a note of the settings and take all three at those settings, take each shot manually.... I am now totally confused. All three shots individually are good ones but I always have the colour difference. Is there a way of getting the shots right to start with or do you have to do something with them after they are stitched. I have read that you can do the latter in photoshop CS2. Can anyone clear the mist. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Message posted by RuddersUK on March-28-2006 at 5:16am
View RuddersUK's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by RuddersUK Search   Visit RuddersUK's Homepage www   Quote RuddersUK Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
RuddersUK
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United Kingdom
July-16-2004
372 Posts
use AE lock and you shouldnt have a problem..
We use p* mode on the camera and AE lock and the exposure/colour is the same for all shots.

Message posted by eagle on March-28-2006 at 9:11am
View eagle's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by eagle Search   Quote eagle Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
eagle
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

April-14-2004
382 Posts
I too get results sometimes of different color temps with interior shots.

Setting white balance to white paper or gray card seems to fix the problem. I always card a sheet of bond paper in my case.

I use 5 shot bracketing and this method seems to rid of the color temp differences.

Thanks,
eagle

Message posted by use2bkewl on March-28-2006 at 12:03pm
View use2bkewl's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by use2bkewl Search   Quote use2bkewl Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
use2bkewl
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
August-16-2005
62 Posts
Okay Ill newb it up here...
When you 5 dhot brack your work flow includes 5 panos stitched then 5 merged with photomatix?

Message posted by eagle on March-28-2006 at 12:19pm
View eagle's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by eagle Search   Quote eagle Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
eagle
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

April-14-2004
382 Posts
You use photomatrix or some other hdr software to combine the 5 photos of the same scene, then stitch them together.

r,
eagle

Message posted by maserati on March-28-2006 at 9:58pm
View maserati's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by maserati Search   Quote maserati Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
maserati
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
August-04-2005
51 Posts
I do not think the AE lock is best. I thought some cameras will actually change the aperture to maintain the exposure. I may have read and use myself the manual function and the proper white balance. By proper white balance I mean indoor outdoor sunny or shadow, anything but auto white balance.

-------------
John R Sembrot

Message posted by Susz on March-29-2006 at 4:32am
View Susz's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Susz Search   Quote Susz Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Susz
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Kingdom
March-28-2006
33 Posts
Thanks for the replies. Could you explain what p* is and where do I find it? Are there other settings that I need to look at? I will try setting the white balance to white paper as suggested. Any further help greatly appreciated. It's so frustrating to be so near and yet not there yet.

Message posted by Ricardo Murad on April-05-2006 at 5:28pm
View Ricardo Murad's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Ricardo Murad Search   Visit Ricardo Murad's Homepage www   Quote Ricardo Murad Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Ricardo Murad
Standard Member
Standard Member
Spain
April-05-2006
2 Posts
I dont know your camera, but the situation is the same for all cameras. You must works with all controls in manual mode, also the white balance. In case that you cant do that or make some error, you only need that all your pictures has the same colour temperature in order to stitch your panorama . You can correct the color later in photoshop.

-------------
Ricardo Murad<br>
www.panomadrid.com

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register