Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver

Subject Topic: What to purchase? Which way to go? Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by OmarP on March-29-2006 at 1:48am
View OmarP's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by OmarP Search   Quote OmarP Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
OmarP
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
March-29-2006
13 Posts

I am about to purchase a Canon 20D, a Sigma 8mm F4 EX Fisheye, the agnos MrotatorTCPShort and a manfrotto tripod just like EasyPano recommends but I still have my thought about getting one of those one shot lenses like the Kaidan EyeSee 360 One VR optic instead. It seems like this one shot are the newer thing. I am trying to get what is best for me to start up a virtual tour business in Mexico and I do not want to spend my money on something that is out dated in technology. I also want to get what will give me the best quality in the virtual tour. I will appreciate your comments and guidense.

Regards, Omar

Message posted by rob360 on March-29-2006 at 4:18am
View rob360's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by rob360 Search   Quote rob360 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
rob360
Standard Member
Standard Member

March-25-2006
4 Posts
Arguably, one shot lenses are a piece of outdated technology ... You can't use them for full screen tours, they simply can't produce enough resolution and the image quality is questionable.

If you want the best quality, you can do better than Sigma 8mm. Get the Nikkor 10.5mm fisheye (6 + 2 shots) with a D50, D70s or D200.

Message posted by zxcvbnm on March-29-2006 at 4:21am
View zxcvbnm's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by zxcvbnm Search   Quote zxcvbnm Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
zxcvbnm
Gold Member
Gold Member

September-16-2005
156 Posts
Incedentally make sure they give you a good deal on the 20d as the 30d is out now for around the same price so they should be keen to clear old stocks, (or just get a 30d).

Message posted by OmarP on April-04-2006 at 1:07am
View OmarP's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by OmarP Search   Quote OmarP Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
OmarP
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
March-29-2006
13 Posts
I believe that Easypano recommends the Canon for better quality and resolution than the Nikon. What do you think? I guess that the Canon 20D or 30D will produce good high quality pictures and of course better than one shoot camera/lens scenario. Remember, this is for Real Estate tours. Also, I thought that using the drum 4 + 2 shots was the way to go and now I am getting that 6 + 2. What should I do? Please guide me more, I will appreciate it! Thanks

Message posted by Ricardo Murad on April-05-2006 at 5:17pm
View Ricardo Murad's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Ricardo Murad Search   Visit Ricardo Murad's Homepage www   Quote Ricardo Murad Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Ricardo Murad
Standard Member
Standard Member
Spain
April-05-2006
2 Posts
Hi, I recently upgrade from circular panoramas to cubical. I spend a lot of time to understand all aspects about productivity and quality. My finally I decided to buy Canon 5D and canon 15mm EF with 360precision and Easypano. Works automatic without any, any problem. I spend a few minutes to attach the camera in the head, put level and 2 minutes for stitching. I sincerely recomend. (Sorry for my english) Bes++ Ricardo

-------------
Ricardo Murad<br>
www.panomadrid.com

Message posted by seks555 on April-05-2006 at 7:49pm
View seks555's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by seks555 Search   Visit seks555's Homepage www   Quote seks555 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
seks555
Standard Member
Standard Member
Canada
April-03-2006
3 Posts

OmarP >>

20D

Sigma 8

Nodal ninja

Easy pano weaver 4.0

IS PERFECT >>

You want better quality > THIS IS EXCELLENT QUALITY VIEW FOR YOURSELF :) ? view this vr clip done with the same CAMERA and LENS

by: Hans Nyberg

http://venezia.arounder.com/arounder_specials_gondola/fullscreen.html

http://vrm.vrway.com/vartist/spotlight/SHOOTING_PANOS_FROM_A_GONDOLA_IN_VENICE.html

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register