Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: What to use for full screen Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by Wide-Eyes on April-06-2006 at 2:35pm
View Wide-Eyes's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Wide-Eyes Search   Visit Wide-Eyes's Homepage www   Quote Wide-Eyes Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Wide-Eyes
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-03-2005
569 Posts

Hi all

I need your advice.

I want to make a change in my product portfolio so that it is possible to maximise every panorama to see it as a full screen pano (link to full screen). This will be a standard solution when choosing my services. I feel that this will provide my customers with an added value, and it will give them an impression that they get a lot more for their money and it should therefore make it easier for me to charge what I do witout the customer falling back down of the chair. It will enphasize that I produce high quality panoramas and it will help me differentiate my self from my competitors.

Now for the tricky part. I can't decide wich format to produce the full screen panos in. Should it be Java and the G2 viewer from ImmerVision, should it be as quicktime or should it be as an .exe file?? It is my experience that the customer gets confused if they get to many options. Therefore I have to decide what to use and then find the propper arguments why this is the best solution.

It is very very important to both me and my customers that it is as userfriendly as possible.   

ImmervisonG2

I have never used this viewer so I really don't know much about it. I know that many people use it due to its capabilities to produce full screen panos in JAVA. I would prefer a JAVA solution as it would be the most userfriendly in my eyes. I am sure that the viewer can see the image in full screen without a problem. But what about the quality of the pano and the file size needed??

Quicktime 

I know that most of you will moste likely recommend that I make the full screen panos as QTVR, and I know that it is the best for full screen work. BUT. only 46% or so have quicktime installed. That is just not a very favorable percentage. More then half of the viewers will therefore either not be able to see the pano (and thereby it looses all value that I provide this service) or they have to download and install quicktime.

The problem is that often if people have to download a plug in of any kind most people loose interest. Especially if they are just surfing the net not really looking for anything particulary.

An other problem is that it is a large program and it takes some time to download. This will again scare off a lot of people.

The last main issue with Quicktime is that I know that a lot of people are surfing the net from their work place and a lot of companies have restrictions so you are not allowed to download anything.  

I have heard that a QTVR viewer exist that is a lot smaller in file size. Is this true?? And could I somehow make it so it installs automaticately when trying to view a QTVR pano??

Also if I have to start producing a lot of qtvr full screens is the program Pano2Qtvr the best option??

.exe files

Easypano have a program that allows me to make a full screen pano as an .exe file. It is extremely fast and easy to use. This is a big plus for me.

I know you will porperly argue that the quality it produces the panos in is not very favorable. But some of the tests I have made have showed that I can get acceptable results with file sizes under 1mb (including the build in java viewer at about 200kb)

I know that there is a lot of issues with .exe files. A lot of people fear them. But my previous customers have not complained about it, so it is apparently that big an issues for me. 

What are your thoughts on the above?? I really feel that it is important that I decide on 1 solution an go with that. It is also important that the quality is good. But it must not compromise how easy it is to use. I know that if the file size it to large or the pano is moving to slowly and not very smooth it will be a bad experience for the viewer.

I am looking forward to all of your comments.

Best regards

Morten Andersen

-------------
Best regards

Morten Andersen
- a newbie trying to improve

Message posted by maserati on April-11-2006 at 11:34pm
View maserati's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by maserati Search   Quote maserati Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
maserati
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
August-04-2005
51 Posts
Hey Mort,

I am with you. The low ball virtual tour is hard to compete with. The local guys are half my price and the addition of services like stills, responsiveness, quality, and service add customers all the time. But features would add even more. I suspect that a good full screen tour could be used by the agent as marketing and then again as a gift to the client at closing. Some highly encrypted and copyrighted media would produce more revenue when additional copies are requested.

-------------
John R Sembrot

Message posted by Wide-Eyes on April-12-2006 at 3:49am
View Wide-Eyes's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Wide-Eyes Search   Visit Wide-Eyes's Homepage www   Quote Wide-Eyes Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Wide-Eyes
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-03-2005
569 Posts

Hi John

That was my idea as well.thought as well.

But it sould not only apply to the realtors. I hardly ever target realtors about hotels, restaurants specialty shops ans so on. I am about to up grade my equipment and when I then have the propper equipment to do beautifull full screen work it seems obvious to also include full screen pictures now that Troy have showed us how to.

For me it seems like a small effort with a huge gain. I don't really have any competitors in my area that can provide this feature!!

All thoughts and ideas on this matter, and on how to include other features to make more appealing tours are highly appreciated.

Best regards

Morten Andersen

-------------
Best regards

Morten Andersen

Message posted by maserati on April-12-2006 at 4:12pm
View maserati's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by maserati Search   Quote maserati Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
maserati
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
August-04-2005
51 Posts

?? Troy have showed us how to??

Who is Troy is there a thread you can send me?

JS

-------------
John R Sembrot

Message posted by Wide-Eyes on April-15-2006 at 1:12pm
Wide-Eyes
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-03-2005
569 Posts

Hi

I am sorry. Troy AKA Gen Lee. You can find the thread here:

http://www.easypano.com/forum/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=1&TopicID=1620&SearchPagePosition=1&search=quality&searchMode=allwords&searchIn=Topic&forum=0&searchSort=dateDESC&ReturnPage=Search

-------------
Best regards

Morten Andersen

Message posted by maserati on April-15-2006 at 10:26pm
maserati
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
August-04-2005
51 Posts
Wow, Heavy man. These folks have to be getting paid good money for this stuff. The tours are fantastic. I could barely read the workflow straight through, let alone process a real image.

-------------
John R Sembrot

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register