Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: Difference between dial-up & broadband st Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by maserati on April-07-2006 at 2:22pm
View maserati's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by maserati Search   Quote maserati Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
maserati
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
August-04-2005
51 Posts
The dial ups come in at 150k the broadbands are 1.5 meg. That is a big difference. I am using vrguild for tour hosting and they have a 400 k max size I would like to max out.

Also it appears that Tourweaver does not work with the 1.5 mb vr files? Is that the case or am I doing something wrong?

-------------
John R Sembrot

Message posted by smooth on April-08-2006 at 2:23am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

There is no reason to have such large file sizes when displaying with a small viewer window. Using Tourweaver with a viewing window of 400x300 your panorama images need not be larger then 300kb.

Tourweaver was not designed to work with huge file sizes. 1.5MB is enough for full screen display in most instances. Try resizing your image size and also adjust your file size for optimum display.

Regards, Smooth 

Message posted by maserati on April-11-2006 at 11:21pm
View maserati's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by maserati Search   Quote maserati Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
maserati
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
August-04-2005
51 Posts
I understand the TW limitation, but I wanted to start adding a full screen tour on CD, with minimal labor, to my premium priced offering, to compete with circledix. I was hoping to look to TW and do an additional high res stitch while the photos were loaded. I have tried the publishing to Quicktime from TW and have been able to get some nice full res full screen v tours. But I then have 5 or 6 nodes that need to be incorporated into one Scene. PanoQtvr gets you part of the way with hotspots, but you would need an auto run file and a front HTML Page tying everything together. I need the process to be high res full screen and quick to include it in my current price of $150.

Well the above is the least of my problems. Here is a tour I did this morning. What happened on the the bottom, was I off the nodal point? why did the stitch of the tripod end up staggered like that? Light fall off is really a problem, as you can see, is that adjusted with a smaller radius number in panoweaver?

The kitchen shot is a photomatix two photo auto combine. Which looked better than the average exposure shot with the natural lighting. I combined a low and a high separated by 2 ev.

http:/www.vrguild.net/c/stnd.pl?U=0604112138165013

Canon 300D
Sigma 8 mm EX DG
Kaidan Quickpan

-------------
John R Sembrot

Message posted by 360texas on April-12-2006 at 4:42pm
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

Are you taking RAW images ?  If so you can process the 4 images in Adobe Camera Raw converter (ACR) [to 8 bit RGB] .TIF file format. 

In ACR you can concurrently adjust the white balance so that ALL are same color temperature,  Red Cyan to -52,  Blue Yellow to -25, adjust the vignetting to +100 and mid point to 0.  Those setting should fix the apparant stitch lines.

Panoweaver 4 does stitch 8 bit TIF's. But not 16bit images.  16bit gives better color depth.

The small black square in the top of your spherical image is actually a black area across the top of your stitched image. You can clone that black area in with adjacent sky colors and the black square will go away.

Typically we are resizing our stitched images down around 400 - 600 kb for dial up folks.  Most all of our full screen java or qtvr's are 1.5mb for broadband visitors.

Dave

Canon 20d/ Sigma 8mm/ Kaidan Kiwi990.

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by maserati on April-12-2006 at 8:59pm
maserati
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
August-04-2005
51 Posts
I thought you were on a catamaran somewhere in the Gulf. :)

Boy these are Realtor tours and until they complain I would hate to add a process. I will see what it does to the workflow.

I am a PhaseOne C1 Raw converter user, but have Adobe as well, just do not know how to use it.

PW does the 400k dialup and 1.5 mg broadband they just do not work with TW.

-------------
John R Sembrot

Message posted by 360texas on April-13-2006 at 10:19am
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

We were on a 50' [17 meter] Catamaran just off Southern side of the Yucatan coast.  Was a great ride.

Returned last Sunday.  Now back in the forum.

Dave

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register