Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver

Subject Topic: Why does my tripod stitch like this Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by maserati on April-14-2006 at 3:58pm
View maserati's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by maserati Search   Quote maserati Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
maserati
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
August-04-2005
51 Posts

What happened on the the bottom, was I off the nodal point? why did the stitch of the tripod end up staggered like that? Light fall off is really a problem, as you can see, is that adjusted with a smaller radius number in panoweaver?

The kitchen shot is a photomatix two photo auto combine. Which looked better than the average exposure shot with the natural lighting. I combined a low and a high separated by 2 ev.

http://www.vrguild.net/c/stnd.pl?U=0604112138165013

Canon 300D
Sigma 8 mm EX DG
Kaidan Quickpan

-------------
John R Sembrot

Message posted by RuddersUK on April-15-2006 at 2:02pm
View RuddersUK's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by RuddersUK Search   Visit RuddersUK's Homepage www   Quote RuddersUK Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
RuddersUK
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United Kingdom
July-16-2004
372 Posts
link doesnt work mate. - does now...

Message posted by maserati on April-15-2006 at 10:22pm
View maserati's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by maserati Search   Quote maserati Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
maserati
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
August-04-2005
51 Posts
Yeah man, gots ta have the link to help with the problem. I thought it was something I had typed

-------------
John R Sembrot

Message posted by RuddersUK on April-16-2006 at 9:42am
View RuddersUK's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by RuddersUK Search   Visit RuddersUK's Homepage www   Quote RuddersUK Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
RuddersUK
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United Kingdom
July-16-2004
372 Posts
I looks to me like you havent got your nodal point centralised directly over the rotation axis of your tripod/rotator.

Message posted by smooth on April-18-2006 at 1:10pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Sideways nodal camera position isn't correct or you are getting tripod flex or movement.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by maserati on April-18-2006 at 2:29pm
maserati
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
August-04-2005
51 Posts
So it does matter, a little bit, where I get the thing all settled in. One or two more workflow questions. I have the manfrotto tripod and head with the three big knobs for every 3 axis'. Getting the bubble level working is not so difficult but sometimes takes longer than shooting the images. Does anyone use the little levellers between the triod and the bracket to make micro adjustments?

-------------
John R Sembrot

Message posted by smooth on April-19-2006 at 8:27am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

I do not recommend levelling between shots nor do I recommend Manfrotto tripod heads. Their Tripods are very good but those large knobs on the standard style heads are just more work to clean up. Twin Axis Hot Shoe Bubble Level is the go. Level for position (1) only, and shoot your sequence of shots.

Regards, Smooth

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register