Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: Small Dark Room i.e. sauna / steam room Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by focus360 on April-16-2006 at 10:57am
View focus360's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by focus360 Search   Visit focus360's Homepage www   Quote focus360 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
focus360
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Kingdom
April-16-2006
2 Posts
Ive been asked to photograph some small saunas and steam rooms. which have very little light. The rooms are just big enough to capture however with little light the result is not going to be good enough.

Has anyone got any advice or recomendatons as I am bit stuck?

best regards

Message posted by RuddersUK on April-16-2006 at 11:24am
View RuddersUK's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by RuddersUK Search   Visit RuddersUK's Homepage www   Quote RuddersUK Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
RuddersUK
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United Kingdom
July-16-2004
372 Posts
long exposure... check out this tour we did a few years ago..
the sunbed rooms.... they were very dark.

Message posted by Wide-Eyes on April-18-2006 at 10:41am
View Wide-Eyes's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Wide-Eyes Search   Visit Wide-Eyes's Homepage www   Quote Wide-Eyes Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Wide-Eyes
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-03-2005
569 Posts

Hi

Just want to give my comments on this issue.

Long exposure is 1 way. If the room is small you can also play with the aperture and it should not effect the quality. It works for me.

Also if it is a dark room, are you sure that you want the pano to be way to bright . It will give you an unnatural presentation of the room, and ot will not be what the guest will experience. I recently made a panorama of a long hall in a castle where the light was poor as well. I kept the low light and the result came out very well. The atmosphere was capturen much better.

If you want the bright room you can always shoot in RAW and play around with photo shop. 

-------------
Best regards

Morten Andersen
- a newbie trying to improve

Message posted by vrboy on April-18-2006 at 10:43am
View vrboy's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by vrboy Search   Visit vrboy's Homepage www   Quote vrboy Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
vrboy
Standard Member
Standard Member
Australia
August-09-2002
64 Posts

Hi Mate, I have encountered this lots, obviously use the lowest iso setting for less noise in the shot take a medium exposure so you have a nice histogram with no blowouts then stitch openthe raw pano in cs2 then go to image>adjust>shadow/highlights option and tweak it up

Good luck
Craig

-------------
My Link

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register