Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver

Subject Topic: Stitching Stops at 47% Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by TCarr on April-25-2006 at 10:40am
View TCarr's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by TCarr Search   Visit TCarr's Homepage www   Quote TCarr Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
TCarr
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
February-02-2005
11 Posts

Hello,

I'm using Panoweaver 4 to stitch 6+1 shots from my D70 / 10.5mm setup. The stitching runs up to 47% and then stops, asking that I manually align the control points. It's always between one of the six vertical shots and the top shot. Sometimes there's lots of good overlap, and I can easily find matches, but sometimes it's just the sky and trees, which makes it hard.

Once I find matches, I can click the Stitch icon again and it will take off and finish the pano, which usually comes out fine.

Has anyone had this issue. It happens about 90% of the time, the rest of the time it goes all the way by itself.

BTW, I am using the 360Precision head.

Thanks,
Tom

Message posted by 360texas on April-25-2006 at 5:42pm
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

IWith your camera and a Sigma 8, if you are taking 4 images on the horizon.. then your last click stop is at position 4.  It is at this location that you should rotate your camera straight up and take the zenith #5 image.  Will the 360p rotate up/ down ?  Not sure.

Dave

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by Gen. Lee on April-25-2006 at 8:46pm
View Gen. Lee's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Gen. Lee Search   Quote Gen. Lee Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Gen. Lee
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-15-2005
372 Posts

Hi Tcarr,

I shoot with the D70s+105mm too.

The amount of manual matching points you have to do depends on the image itself. You may have noticed that if you shoot an empty room with only windows and carpet you will have to match every frame. This is because there are no defining points in the images that can be matched up automatically.

This will especially be a problem on the top shot. This is usually of the ceiling with no details and the overlap sometimes occures at the wall and ceiling and again its just smooth paint and ceiling....no points to match.

It gets even harder when outside...say on the beach or in a very wide open space where you have almost all sky and a constant texture like grass in the forground all the way to the horizon.

Under exposed images tend to need matching points in dark corners or areas that lack detail.

In an empty room I use small stick it notes and stick them to the wall all the way around the room at the base board and at the top of the wall. When stitching I know I am goint to have to match points. So when that happens I have accurate points to match and the image comes out perfect.

General Lee

Message posted by TCarr on May-01-2006 at 3:15pm
View TCarr's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by TCarr Search   Visit TCarr's Homepage www   Quote TCarr Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
TCarr
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
February-02-2005
11 Posts

Thanks guys - I guess it's just something I'll live with. It's really not too bad. I just add a couple of control points, and then it goes on a stitches pretty well. I have noticed that PTGui can stitch the same photos without my help.

Dave - if it makes any difference, I'm doing 6 shots around, and rotating the head up on the 6th shot position and taking the 7th. Yes - the 360 head will rotate up, but not down.

Thanks again,
Tom

Message posted by 360texas on May-02-2006 at 9:23am
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

Yes, sorry I overlooked your Nikon and 10.5. In which case Gen Lee is correct.   Nikon and a Sigma 8 its 4 around.

[Note to self - stop skip reading forum comments]

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register