Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: How did they do that? Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by rfh12002 on April-29-2006 at 6:00am
View rfh12002's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by rfh12002 Search   Visit rfh12002's Homepage www   Quote rfh12002 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
rfh12002
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

July-07-2005
770 Posts

Hi there

Just saw this (followed a link in a previous post). How do you think you can put together an animated panorama? Haven't figured it out yet!

http://www.devalvr.com/birnestudio/index2.html

Message posted by RuddersUK on April-29-2006 at 6:25am
View RuddersUK's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by RuddersUK Search   Visit RuddersUK's Homepage www   Quote RuddersUK Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
RuddersUK
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United Kingdom
July-16-2004
372 Posts
looks like a nice bit of livestage editing mate, but could be wrong...

Message posted by smooth on April-29-2006 at 6:32am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

DevalVR is ActiveX based and using this is a powerful feature as it has access to all installed software on your computer. I.E: Media Player and installed components etc. Tricky yes! Security risk = Yes! and unfortunately not cross platform, although now Apple use Intel that could all change shortly.

It has nothing to do with Live Stage Pro. Live Stage is Quicktime only.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by rfh12002 on April-29-2006 at 8:00am
View rfh12002's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by rfh12002 Search   Visit rfh12002's Homepage www   Quote rfh12002 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
rfh12002
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

July-07-2005
770 Posts

Cool!

I'd love to have a bash at it - was that just a simple animated gif placed over the pano then?

This could be useful but could just be yet another thing to cry over!

Ta all

F

Message posted by rfh12002 on April-30-2006 at 5:26pm
rfh12002
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

July-07-2005
770 Posts
Would that be possible in TW?

Message posted by steiner on May-01-2006 at 12:14pm
View steiner's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by steiner Search   Visit steiner's Homepage www   Quote steiner Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
steiner
Gold Member
Gold Member

May-21-2004
212 Posts
That is amazing.  I'd guess it's a bit more than an animated gif?  If anyone knows please fill us in.

Message posted by Randy on May-03-2006 at 4:57pm
View Randy's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Randy Search   Quote Randy Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Randy
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
May-03-2006
4 Posts

Here is how they did that:

http://geoimages.berkeley.edu/wwp1205/html/BirneGruppe.html

Message posted by fiero on May-06-2006 at 9:05am
View fiero's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by fiero Search   Quote fiero Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
fiero
Standard Member
Standard Member

May-06-2006
2 Posts
Quote: Originally posted by smooth on April-29-2006

DevalVR is ActiveX based and using this is a powerful feature as it has access to all installed software on your computer. I.E: Media Player and installed components etc. Tricky yes! Security risk = Yes! and unfortunately not cross platform, although now Apple use Intel that could all change shortly.

Hi Smooth,

I must explain that DevalVR does not access to any software or any other thing in the client computer. The viewer only opens a new HIDDEN web page with the required animation (Internet url) and show it like an image into the panorama.

No security risk. The risk is the same that to open any of these pages:
http://www.devalvr.com/birnestudio/leva-3b.html
http://www.devalvr.com/birnestudio/parcussita.html
http://www.devalvr.com/birnestudio/topala-r2.html

I hope to create a Mac version this year for the new Mac-Intels :)

best regards!

fiero

Message posted by smooth on May-06-2006 at 12:23pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Fiero,

Mate, I'm not anti your product. But ActiveX is ActiveX and it is (or at least can be) a security risk. I appreciate your work and I take on-board what you say about only opening one "hidden" webpage to control your program/viewer combo. Yet we all know that your plug-in file is very small and not self contained (meaning it needs outside programs to help it run). To gain access to media player (this is a program installed on the users computer) that you get control of via the hidden webpage to allow music and video etc. So as I said you are using programs outside of your plug-in to assist in using your DevalVR plug-in.

The first time we spoke you tried telling me you could do Apple versions in ActiveX and that Quicktime was ActiveX. I disagreed then and still do today. ActiveX is a Microsoft product! Security warnings abound - you only need enter "ActiveX Security Risks" in to a Google search to see this first hand.

Again, I congratulate you on the progress you have made with your ActiveX Plug-in and I wish you all the best with future tasks. It's good also to see you removed the "yearly fee" you tried at the beginning.

I might have supported this project of yours right from the beginning but for the denials of ActiveX security risks.

All that said, ActiveX is not all bad! In fact it is a great idea in theory and can be in practice. So long as you "trust" the developer. In your case I do - you have proved to be in it for the long run and I have seen many improvements over the time.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by fiero on May-06-2006 at 5:06pm
View fiero's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by fiero Search   Quote fiero Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
fiero
Standard Member
Standard Member

May-06-2006
2 Posts

Of course, Smooth. I know that you installed and tested my plugin (panoguide posts) and I'm grateful for your trust  (My post was not for auto-defense, only to give information)

I only want to explain some things of as the program works, so that the people don't think that the plugin does rare things in the system. Of course, I speak in a friendly tone, also to learn some things that I do not understand, we all are in the same ship ;). Security risk is a important issue, and I would like to speak on this topic, maybe this forum is not the correct way ? maybe panoguide forum?

One thing that I don't understand is when you say that you disagree with me when I say that QuickTime is an ActiveX plugin. Internet Explorer only uses ActiveX technology and Java, then, all IE plugins are ActiveX plugins. When I view the installed ActiveX plugin in my system I can see: QuickTime object, Shockwave object, Shockwave Flash object, DevalVRX, etc...

Of course, I agree, an ActiveX can contain some bug that can be used by a malicious webmaster to crash the client browser. All programs have bugs, this is the continuous work for programmers, to correct these bugs ...

I don't understand another thing. If any Java applet opens a new web page with Macromedia Flash content, would you say that Java needs of external programs for his working? This concept is not important, but I think is incorrect to say that DevalVR requires external programs only by to open a web page. If Macromedia flash is not installed, the Birnegroup demo does not work, but this demo uses Flash5, installed in 97% of computers around the world. Another option could be an animation in GIF format, for the plugin is the same, because it only shows the content of the page into the panorama. In the case of a GIF animation only the browser is running, it would be incorrect to say that DevalVR requires the browser for its working.

In the past, Deval Software was 4 partners, and the viewer only open his own image format. In the company was adopted the decision of to sell a format conversor program to recover the money inverted in the program development, with a "yearly fee" or "uses fee". That was a BAD decision. A Internet program must be a Open program, not a Closed program. Now, Deval Software (Phoscode is our new name), we are two partners, and my partner and me decided to make the viewer totally free and support for the most popular formats QTVR and JPEG. This was a good decision.

best regards

fiero

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register