Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: V tour technology on Law and Order Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by maserati on May-07-2006 at 9:17pm
View maserati's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by maserati Search   Quote maserati Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
maserati
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
August-04-2005
51 Posts
Law and Order criminal Intent Sunday night. A house is for sale and the family is murdered. The cops talk to the realtor who says there is a virtual tour. They zoom in on a security entry pad that reads "kitchen bypass". They are now going over the server records fro viewers of the tour to find the killer.

V tour technology kills.......

We must respond to this insult and prejudice against our profession. Time to form the Nat. Assoc of Virtual Tech and boycott advertisers, etc.

-------------
John R Sembrot

Message posted by Gen. Lee on May-10-2006 at 1:37pm
View Gen. Lee's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Gen. Lee Search   Quote Gen. Lee Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Gen. Lee
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-15-2005
372 Posts

I had a cleint yesterday day tell me about this epidode as I was doing the tour. She did not seem concerned because she said "I don't have anything worth stealing" LOL

But this has been brought up before by other clients. Most have been concerned about family pictures of their kids or children rooms.

Some homes I have done do have security systems and some have had very expensive art and electronics.

I do have to pay attention to these things as some clients have passwords and gate codes posted in places that can be seen. I either move these out of the photo or erase them in the image later.

For my very expensive listings/clients who have sophisticated security systems I erase any visible key pads or traces of the system so that the type and location of these things are not in the image.

General Lee.

Message posted by 360texas on May-10-2006 at 2:05pm
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

To be sure those are good practices.  It is an opportunity to use photoshop.

Dave

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by maserati on May-10-2006 at 9:49pm
View maserati's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by maserati Search   Quote maserati Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
maserati
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
August-04-2005
51 Posts
I have had several agents go about repeating the story to anyone who would listen. They are the same ones that are to cheap to use my services. I feel like they are using it as justification for their short changing their clients.

-------------
John R Sembrot

Message posted by emarts on May-11-2006 at 2:42pm
View emarts's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by emarts Search   Visit emarts's Homepage www   Quote emarts Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
emarts
Gold Member
Gold Member

June-08-2005
188 Posts

Oh yeah, and an Open House is WAY more secure!

Ha!

Message posted by rfh12002 on May-11-2006 at 2:51pm
View rfh12002's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by rfh12002 Search   Visit rfh12002's Homepage www   Quote rfh12002 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
rfh12002
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

July-07-2005
770 Posts

Hi there

The safety aspect arose before with someone asking about doing tours of schools. Although I'd love to do a tour of the school I work in for the website I know that it would be very dangerous as it would let anyone know exactly how to walk around our building. After Dunblane this is something we all need to bear in mind.

Thought Id flag that aspect up.

F

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register