Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: Pano heads Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by Randy on May-18-2006 at 4:09am
View Randy's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Randy Search   Quote Randy Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Randy
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
May-03-2006
4 Posts

Is there an overall consensus on which is the best pano head?

I will be buying one shortly, to use with my Canon 20D, and sigma 8mm. I want to be able to do floor and ceiling shots. (full 360).

I am most concerned about the flex of the unit, and the ability to hold a 20D and a heavy lens, without any flexing to throw things off.

I have read that some lose their nodal setting every time they are taken down. That doesn't sound good.

With most pano heads out there, do you have to re-set the nodal point every time the unit is set up?

Please tell me your "vote" on which one you think is best, and why.

Thanks, Randy

Message posted by smooth on May-18-2006 at 11:30am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

I recommend www.agnos.com Agnos MrotatorT series for DSLR cameras.

My reasons are all over the forum, all you need do is read.

Others may like to add to your thread with what they use. Just remember the product is NOT the only thing. Support and back-up is also very important and a vote has to go to those who support the software products "we" use.

Of course you can always buy a supposed good product only to have the manufacturer of that product bad mouth you all over the place just because you say something they don't like about their product or service on a public forum. I prefer not to deal or support people/companies like that.....

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by Blacktip on May-23-2006 at 11:04pm
View Blacktip's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Blacktip Search   Quote Blacktip Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Blacktip
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
March-07-2006
39 Posts
I just ordered my Agnos yesterday. Wow. They upgraded me to UPS Express at no charge. I was quoted 60 Euros for shipping, it cost them 95.05 and they ate the difference without even mentioning it. The PDF file they sent me showed the shipping cost. Right now my pano head is in Paris.

Message posted by smooth on May-24-2006 at 2:21pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts
Quote: Originally posted by Blacktip on May-23-2006
I just ordered my Agnos yesterday. Wow. They upgraded me to UPS Express at no charge. I was quoted 60 Euros for shipping, it cost them 95.05 and they ate the difference without even mentioning it. The PDF file they sent me showed the shipping cost. Right now my pano head is in Paris.

As I say, Great Product and Great Service.

You will be impressed when you receive it as well. Agnos does a great job!

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by Blacktip on May-31-2006 at 2:13am
View Blacktip's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Blacktip Search   Quote Blacktip Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Blacktip
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
March-07-2006
39 Posts

I've got it in last week. I haven't had a chance to try it out, but it is built like a champ. I think the Manfrotto 3416 levelling head is indispensible in getting the head just right, especially when trying to level the tripod on deep pile carpet.

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register