Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver

Subject Topic: Java Tours Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by matty on May-25-2006 at 1:00am
View matty's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by matty Search   Quote matty Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
matty
Standard Member
Standard Member
Ireland
May-23-2006
3 Posts

Hello,

I need some help in regard to uploading virtual tours online. An example of the site and the virtual tours I wish to upload are at: http://www2.myhome.ie/search/property_features.asp?id=266764&np=&type=vt

Where I am getting confused about all this is I understand the way flat images work, like there are many programs that create JPEG's, TIFF's, etc and computers around the world are programmed to show these formats regardless of what program 'created' them. I am unsure about the formats and what is 'univerally' accepted as the correct format to save virtual tours as - like to save a JAVA virtual tour what is the name for the JAVA format (as in JPEG is ".jpg" what is JAVA? Or am I understanding JAVA as something it is not?

I am a complete novice to virtual tours and have been trying a number of different programs that create Virtual Tours and have had good success with them. My problem is that I do not know what format the virtual tours are saved as on this site in order to know what format I need to save them as to allow the average online user to view them without requiring to download any additional files.

I have contacted the site Admin however they do not have an connection to the VT's as they are all outsourced and I cannot contact these companies because obviously they are not going to tell me how to do what they do and take business from them.

The way the VT's are uploaded onto that site are done through a simple upload process just like attaching a file to an email it is not done using html code or anything. So really all I need to know is what format they are and what program will create that format?

I have used Arcsoft Panorama Maker, The Panorama Factory and PTGui. I find best results with Panorama Factory but am really confused about these 'viewers' that are required and have had some difficulty saving Virtual Tours so that they are opened with JAVA, I can only create Quicktime tours.

So basically I need to create JAVA tours identical to the ones on the site mentioned above.

Thanks for any help, and please respond if you need more info to answer this.

Thanks,

Matt

Message posted by simon on May-25-2006 at 3:05am
View simon's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by simon Search   Visit simon's Homepage www   Quote simon Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
simon
Gold Member
Gold Member

January-14-2003
141 Posts

They are using PTViewer so you would just upload a jpeg version of any panorama. Best to contact 'myhome' direct for help as they may require specific sizes, proportions etc.

Simon

Message posted by matty on May-25-2006 at 3:07pm
View matty's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by matty Search   Quote matty Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
matty
Standard Member
Standard Member
Ireland
May-23-2006
3 Posts

Thats brilliant Simon thanks for the reply - my God that's all I needed to know - whether it was the way I was describing my question or something no-one on any other forum could answer that question.

Thank you.

Matt

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register