Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver

Subject Topic: JPEG Resizing Tool Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by marktold on June-13-2006 at 11:08am
View marktold's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by marktold Search   Visit marktold's Homepage www   Quote marktold Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
marktold
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-09-2003
348 Posts

Hi there

Have not been on this forum for a long time. Bussy doing other stuff. One of which is a software I have developped for myself and put it up for sale ot help me in my pano process.

Here is what my problem was.

Last step for me has allways been creating JPEG.

I was looking for a tool that lets me ease resize a JPEG to 2500 x 1250 with a max output size of 250kb. Photoshop can do this but has two disadvantages

a) Photoshop takes forever to start on my computer
b) Photoshop sometimes generates errors on seams

I also needed a very basic tool for my customers to resize JPEG image to put on the web galleries. Also Photoshop Actions can do this but with four disatdvantages

a) Photoshop takes forerver to start
b) Photoshop costs a lot for clients
c) Photoshop and any other image software are to complex
d) target file size is not available on most programms.

Well here is what I got: www.kissmyimage.com is a tool that is absolutely reduced to the max. It has only one purpose, and one purpose only.

Reduce Jpeg images in dimention an kb as easy as possible.

If you want to check the software out you can download it here: www.kissmyimage.com/en/download

Free/Trial/Pro Version use all the same File

To switch to Trial Mode use the "?" in the menu and select "switch to trial mode"

Some key features of the Pro Version

- Drag and drop folder
- Set Quality
- Save output in any folder
- Save settings in profiles
- Create droplets
- Create sent to

I use it to reduces my image for the gallery. Since I just want a max file size of 50kb.

So you might want to check that tool out. Any feedback is welcome. Hope it can help you with your process and your clients with resizing images.

Regards

Markus

-------------
Nikon D70s, Sigma 8 mm, 4 to 12 shots, Agnos MrotatorTShort, PTGui, PS CS3, and lots of other software :-)

Message posted by 360texas on June-13-2006 at 11:09am
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

Thanks that looks like a good support product for Tourweaver.

Dave

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by smooth on June-13-2006 at 1:39pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Markus,

Congrats on your release.

You need to adjust the language button (English) when you wish to overwrite a file. I now know Ja = Yes! LOL

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by VT360 on June-13-2006 at 5:23pm
View VT360's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by VT360 Search   Quote VT360 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
VT360
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

January-04-2003
751 Posts

Cheers to you!  Looks like u dedicated some time to this project.

Wish you the best. 

I didn't know you were doing aerial panos.

Is the aerial pano 2 shot? ground and ceiling like philo does?

I'll be sure to refer you if i see someone requiring your software kissmyimage.

Message posted by marktold on June-14-2006 at 3:13am
View marktold's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by marktold Search   Visit marktold's Homepage www   Quote marktold Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
marktold
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-09-2003
348 Posts

@vt360

I take up to 14 shots on airials - And that has nothing to do with bracketing.

Glad you tried Kiss MyImage and you are right I did put in some time and work on this.

If you develope your first software (and this one is quite simple) you start to realize how much work it is.

I had the one approach to make it as simple as possible, yet as comfortable as it could be (droplets, sent to, drag n drop folders/files in input textbox and so on).

I use the software quite often when I put images on different sites. I never found a software were I can limit the kb size for the output.

The market will show how may people have the same problems which I had and I hope Kiss MyImage will help them (and my bank account - father of 5 :-)

Also creating thumbnails is so easy now and since I can save my settings and even export them to droplets and send to links just one drag n drop away.

Regards Markus

-------------
Nikon D70s, Sigma 8 mm, 4 to 12 shots, Agnos MrotatorTShort, PTGui, PS CS3, and lots of other software :-)

Message posted by marktold on June-14-2006 at 11:18am
marktold
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-09-2003
348 Posts

@smooth

Language has been fixed. Also rearanged Menu a bit.

Get the new version www.kissmyimage.com/download/kissmyimage_setup.exe her. Don't deinstall the old version. Just install it over old version and you are as good as new.

If you deinstall you loose your profiles.

Thanks again for the feedback.

Markus

-------------

Message posted by smooth on June-14-2006 at 12:05pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Bewdy Markus,

Though I didn't have any profiles to worry about. I did reply via ICQ but you had disappeared.

Regards, Smooth

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register