Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: tour question Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by spinem on June-30-2006 at 11:13am
View spinem's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by spinem Search   Quote spinem Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
spinem
Gold Member
Gold Member

February-02-2005
180 Posts
hello everyone,

i'm working on a cd for my friend. the initial idea was to interactive screens and menus that link to pictures or video clips and then link to a virtual tour.
so my idea was to do all the menus and videos in macromedia director and then i link to the java VR.
but is that possible?

i want to have tyhe vr in the same screen as the menus and other content.

any ideas or suggestions?

thanks.

Message posted by Gen. Lee on June-30-2006 at 4:51pm
View Gen. Lee's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Gen. Lee Search   Quote Gen. Lee Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Gen. Lee
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-15-2005
372 Posts

Yes, this is possible. But you can not go pure flash.  You must use html to layout your flash elements and call the java applet using the object or applet tag.

If you use a table design this will be the easiest. You can use CSS but that can get complicated and layout results are unrpedictable across different browsers. Especially if you use some of the newer CSS elements.

You can use javascript to construct a page that will hold the nav elements and call just the java panos when clicked on. But, if you will have less than say 10 pano for the project it is really easier to build an html page for each pano.

Or you can go the pop up route and allow each pano to open in a pop up window. This will allow you to use pure flash for the main layout.

General Lee

Message posted by spinem on June-30-2006 at 5:10pm
View spinem's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by spinem Search   Quote spinem Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
spinem
Gold Member
Gold Member

February-02-2005
180 Posts
thanks for your reply...
the thing is, I'll have to make an auto play CD that would pref work in a window screen. the window will be media rich, there will be interactive maps, videos seperating every section, pictures and audios.
To me it is easier just to make everything in flash and director.
but then we come to a major important part of the CD which is the panoramas. which are somehome linked to the previous maps and videos and i need to have them blend together ... and I could only export in java. i heard there are some programs that can export in flash... but since i'm doing this as a favor for my friend, i don't think i'll be able to spend much on this....

thanks again.

Message posted by Gen. Lee on June-30-2006 at 5:41pm
View Gen. Lee's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Gen. Lee Search   Quote Gen. Lee Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Gen. Lee
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-15-2005
372 Posts

You cannot use flash to display "spherical panorams". I have heard of some stitching software that is now offering a "flash viewer" but I have not tested it.

But that doesn't really matter considering what you are doing.

You just need to construct your coding flow chart to include pure html pages for the panos. An autoplay CD is no different than any html page from the internet except that you are not restricted by file size/qualtiy.

You can go pure flash like you said but simply build the pano pages using only flash elements. It will look the same to the user. Just isolate the pano coding to its own section.

If it was me I would build the "presentation interface" in flash like you said and then build the tours seperatly and call them from the flash buttons to a pop up window where they can simply navigate the tour images through this window. Then when they are done with the tours images they close the window and are back to the main flash page/layout.

Flash is great and a very powerful presentation tool but the most elegant and successful presentations have a simple design that is easy on the eyes and not too busy. The old saying "less is more" really applies in this case. Be careful about making your presentation too "busy".

General Lee

Message posted by 360texas on June-30-2006 at 6:31pm
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

I have worked with Flash before.  I think it is possible to build your flash .swf  with external links to an html page.  Example,  in flash click a button and for a moment or 2 .. it passes control out to an html link... a html page containing your java or qtvr panorama.   Once the pano page is closed.. control passes back to the Flash .swf.

Yes/ No ?

Panorama's INSIDE Flash .swf no not yet.

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by RuddersUK on July-01-2006 at 7:50am
View RuddersUK's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by RuddersUK Search   Visit RuddersUK's Homepage www   Quote RuddersUK Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
RuddersUK
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United Kingdom
July-16-2004
372 Posts
You can now get spherical flash viewers although they a not very good at the min.

Message posted by smooth on July-01-2006 at 10:33am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Simply build two pages for example both the same dimensions.

One that will contain the Tourweaver movie the other the Flash movie. You can link the Flash movie via the Tourweaver movie using the URL link option and you can the same with Flash back the Tourweaver page no problem.

Set these pages to display within another page with an iFrame as the displaying window. On this page you also would have the option to use API javascripts also should you desire.

All of this would be quite easy to set up as an autorun on a CD.

Spherical Flash viewers exists (using Flash Player 8) and are offered by some for sale and use. BUT the quality is poor and slow and is a little before it's time.

Regards, Smooth

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register