Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver

Subject Topic: Full Screen Java? QT vs JRE? Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by naspro on July-18-2006 at 6:09pm
View naspro's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by naspro Search   Visit naspro's Homepage www   Quote naspro Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
naspro
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
July-17-2006
5 Posts

So I'm playing around with the values of panoweaver trying to get a true Full Screen Virtual Tour for the Easy Pano Virtual Tour Player.  I've managed to get the quicktimes to look real nice full screen.

When I tried changing the number values in the coding to % values for the Easy Pano Virtual Tour Player, it displays incorrectly.  Any suggestions on that?  Also, I been publishing my QuickTimes with a resolution of 5000 x 2500.

What's the suggestion for resolution for the Easy Pano Virtual Tour Player?  Is there any way to customise the Easy Pano Virtual Tour Player?  If not, is there any other software (Like Pleinplot) that does this or do I need to use my Tourweaver Pro to figure this one out.

While I'm on the subject.......

What are your opinions of QuickTime vs. JRE?  I'm starting to realize that alot of my clients don't have Quicktime installed on their computer which further complicates me trying to show off my full-screen tours.

I actually had to go to a client today to install QuickTime to show them the tours I just made.  After finally loading it in, The tours still didn't work and I realized that I still had to install DirectX which they didn't have either (grrrr).

What's the best and easiest solution for diplaying Full Screen Tours?  Me personally, I like QuickTime but there has to be something more user friendly.  I've made a simple interface page to show my clients and I'll share that with you.

http://www.nastudios.com/virtual

As you will notice, I'm using 2 different technologies (java & QT) to display the same thing.  What is everyone else doing?  I'm interested to know.

Thanks everyone!

-------------
New Arrival Studios (nas)
Bethlehem, Pa.

Message posted by 360texas on July-18-2006 at 6:24pm
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

Hmm good question.

Here is what we are using: Most are FULL SCREEN

QTVR and Flash http://www.360texas.com/virtualtour/texas/bg/index.htm

QTVR
http://www.360texas.com/virtualtour/texas/bg/index2.html

Java
http://www.360texas.com/virtualtour/texas/bg/index3.htm

Some Java and Qtvr
http://www.360texas.com/virtualtour/texas/wwp/index.htm

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by naspro on July-18-2006 at 6:53pm
View naspro's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by naspro Search   Visit naspro's Homepage www   Quote naspro Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
naspro
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
July-17-2006
5 Posts

Thanks for the input Dave!  So I see that you are mixing technologies as well.  For many years I was doing just Cylindrical Panos and putting them into a Flash interface that I designed.  It was nice cause the motion was very fluid.

Now that I'm doing Spherical Tours I had to leave the flash interface behind.  I could design a new inface for flash but I'm afraid I don't have the programming (development) time like I use to.

Did you write the flash interface you are currently using or is it a third party software?

Hopefully in the future Macromedia can develop a better engine for flash and still keep the plug-in size low. 

I don't think my client was real pleased on the QuickTime download length of time or the additional features (itunes) that were forced on them.

Cheers!

~B

-------------
New Arrival Studios (nas)
Bethlehem, Pa.

Message posted by VT360 on July-18-2006 at 10:50pm
View VT360's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by VT360 Search   Quote VT360 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
VT360
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

January-04-2003
751 Posts

Daves, the botanic tours are really good. and the flash files are small

full screen panos at over 1 mb with quicktime looks good.

can you gives a small step by step on how your doing the flash tours.

Message posted by smooth on July-19-2006 at 3:45am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Options:

Quicktime download the "Stand Alone" version 20MB

Quicktime download the "iTunes" version 37MB

Sun Java download Java version 5.0 update (7) 7.1MB

Omniviewer browser control for Internet Explorer 1MB automatic install from coded panorama display page. (Great Full Screen Viewer)

Omniviewer browser plug-in download 3.4MB (I.E - Firefox - Netscape - Mozilla)

Omniviewer download the "Stand Alone" 18.29MB

Immervision Pure Tools Java (very nice full screen)

DevalVR browser plug-in tiny 183kb - 209kb (full screen)

Field of View SPI Engine Requires Shockwave "version 10.1.3.018" 2.8MB

Personally I like points of them all. My favourite is the Omniviewer for fluid movement in rotation (zoom needs some work) Quicktime is second in display. DevalVR is great for the file size and Immervision's Pure Java is the best Java full screen option. I'm sure other options also exist.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by 360texas on July-19-2006 at 2:42pm
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

Thanks for the comments about the FLASH presentation.  The little .fla viewer file is propriatory - is being used with prior clients permission. They only wanted flash on their site.

Hint on the way it works - the .swf is just a scroller that is standalone cylinder player that just scrolls around on the flat panorama.  The .fla contains a link to the external panorama.jpg filename.  So all I had to do was to open the .fla in Flash 5 and in one of the fields I provided the filename.  Then of course make it a .swf.

The full screen QTVR file sizes are designed for broadband only visitors.  Dial up folks can see them too.. but they have to wait for a while.

Most all the content was done with RAW images using a Canon 20d.  Have not done to many with Canon 5d yet.

Dave

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by Alexandre on July-20-2006 at 5:52am
View Alexandre's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Alexandre Search   Quote Alexandre Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Alexandre
Gold Member
Gold Member

June-05-2006
148 Posts

I have seen several virtual tours with Flash, and I don't see the benefits yet, i find them less realistic that Quicktime tours: when looking around, it seems that I am looking at a flat picture while I completely feel "inserted" into the scene with Quicktime.

-------------
Alexandre G.
MSN: agagnaire@chablinet.com
Nikon D50 - Nikkor 10.5mm - NN3 - Manfrotto055CLB - Panoweaver 4.0 - Tourweaver 2.0

Message posted by 360texas on July-20-2006 at 8:54am
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

Exactly... you are only scrolling around on a flat image.  The client understands this and accepts it.  The visualization though is very close (but not exact) to seeing it in qtvr.  The trade off of course is down load speed.  Flash viewer browser plug in is smaller.  Flash has a higher acceptance rate than qtvr.  This means more computers are already using Flash browser plug in.

QTVR standalone plug in is about 20mb not including iTunes.  Takes along time to download and install.  However, QTVR is spherical.

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by Pokko on July-20-2006 at 3:26pm
View Pokko's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Pokko Search   Visit Pokko's Homepage www   Quote Pokko Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Pokko
Standard Member
Standard Member
Netherlands
November-21-2005
33 Posts
Are there good flash viewers yet?

-------------
www.360photo.nl

Message posted by 360texas on July-20-2006 at 5:02pm
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

Not sure.  Maybe not until the next flavor of Flash viewer and Flash program becomes available.

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register