Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver

Subject Topic: Tech. Questions Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by ROLE on July-31-2006 at 2:05pm
View ROLE's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by ROLE Search   Visit ROLE's Homepage www   Quote ROLE Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
ROLE
Standard Member
Standard Member
Canada
July-31-2006
17 Posts

I have technical question before I decide to puchase Panoweaver and I was hoping to get some advice.

I own a Canon Digital Rebel XT, a Sigma 8mm Fisheye, Kaidan Sherical Pano-head.

I really don't understand the differences between the image types; Drum, Full-Frame, Full circular.

With the equipment I've mention, what is the best was to shoot to obtain a full 360/360 panorama?

Also, what is the output of Panoweaver?  Am I able to modify resolution, MAX. and MIN. field of view, etc...?

Cheers!

Message posted by smooth on July-31-2006 at 2:44pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Role,

Your combination will work fine with Panoweaver. Using this system you will stitch in "Drum" mode where your image is a circle with both sides trimmed.

You can make a 360 degree panorama with as little as 4 shots at 90 degrees. You can add Top and Bottom if you choose (4+TB)

Your output can be Java and or Quicktime (right up to fullscreen) and you have the option to adjust Pan Limits, Tilt Limits and FOV etc.

My purchase link

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by 360texas on August-01-2006 at 7:51pm
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts
Yes.  That works.

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by Kevin on August-02-2006 at 1:14pm
View Kevin's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Kevin Search   Visit Kevin's Homepage www   Quote Kevin Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Kevin
Gold Member
Gold Member

May-24-2006
133 Posts
Role,

I have this setup as well - Canon Digital Rebel XT, a Sigma 8mm Fisheye, with a Kaidan Quickpan System with Sphereical head.

I take 4 shots and clean up the Zeinth (up shot) and nadir (down) later in photoshop. All the tours at this link were done in the past two weeks with this setup and 4 shots.

Sample Tour - Created with Tourweaver

-------------
--Kevin

http://www.webvisiontours.com/

Message posted by 360texas on August-02-2006 at 1:38pm
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

Hmm interesting tour.  However, you might consider a series of linked tours... Total download of ALL pano's was giving my router a headache.  I got the first pano downloaded, sort of had to wait for #2  but the browser acted like it was frozen up.  Even after I closed the browser window.. my router was downloading something for a minute or 2. 

Right now you have 5 rows x 4 columns thumbnails = 20 panoramas.  No. 1 downloads and starts rotation while the other 19 are downloading in the background.

20 panorama's 500kb each = 10mb ???

do a split tour - images per building

reduce image size so that all are fast downloading.  I could not see the images in my browser cache so I can not guess at their file size.

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register