Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver

Subject Topic: Agnos MrotatorHDelta Telescopic Pole Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by smooth on August-09-2006 at 2:33pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Hi Everyone,

Though I would share my initial thoughts on the newly released Agnos MrotatorHDelta Telescopic Pano Pole.

Please view my very first effort here

Firstly I must tell you the service received from Agnos was again first class and delivery once sent took a total of 6 days from Italy to Australia via UPS. Would have been even faster to a capital city.

First impression was how light it was. I don't know the exact total weight at this stage but it must only be around 3 Kilos. Made of Fibreglass it is telescopic much like an aerial on a car. You pull each section up and twist to form a tight join over 6 sections (including base tube) and can be extended to a full 6 meters in height allowing for a unique photograpic perspective. To the bottom of the base tube you screw on a foot panohead rotator (with click stops) that you stand on to steady the pole. You use the lower base tube as the grip for turning the camera to each click stop required. Levelling is done via strap-on (elastic) metal bracket containing a circular bubble level (Butterfly Bubble Level).

Your camera is attached via another new Agnos product called the RingT that clamps the lens much like the MrotatorA and MrotatorB that we all became common with when using Nikon FC-E8 and FC-E9 lenses. The RingT is available for both Sigma 8mm, Nikkor 10.5mm and older superior Nikon 8mm 2.8 fisheye lenses and via a foot plate and spacer/adaptor you screw the upper most pole 3/8" thread to the (Three38) spacer/adaptor. (all pretty easy and simple to assemble)

Shooting from 6 meters off the ground makes it hard to press the shutter button so Agnos supplies a 5 meter corded remote to suit your DSLR camera (be it Nikon, Canon, Fuji brand).

All comes supplied in a well constructed carry bag. (See photo's on
Message posted by zxcvbnm on August-09-2006 at 3:01pm
View zxcvbnm's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by zxcvbnm Search   Quote zxcvbnm Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
zxcvbnm
Gold Member
Gold Member

September-16-2005
156 Posts
Is there a standard screw on the top so you can add any panohead you like or do you have to buy one of the agnos ones?

Oh and do they provide cords that end in a infrared signal for those people whose cameras don't support cables.

Oh and now that I think of it do how did you meter your light up there? Or did you just assume it would be the same as down below?

thanks

Message posted by smooth on August-09-2006 at 3:16pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

zxcvbnm,

The screw at the top is a standard 3/8" as you would find on a tripod.

The remote cords available are listed on the Agnos website. Though you could just extend any remote cord with the correct wire. Infrared extenders would be just as easy to convert.

I metered the light by just looking and knowing the settings from the old grey matter. But you could just set the camera at the light meter settings down at ground level it will not be that different. Shooting RAW allows you to play with exposure after the fact anyway if needed.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by mediaPix on August-09-2006 at 5:48pm
View mediaPix's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by mediaPix Search   Visit mediaPix's Homepage www   Quote mediaPix Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
mediaPix
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Kingdom
June-19-2004
69 Posts

Very impressive Smooth!!

I have always used the level reading from the highest point ie:the Panohead/hotshoe level and not the Quick leveler on the tripod.

A few Qs for you.

At which position did you take the level reading?

Where did you place the strap on metal bracket for the butterfly bubble?

Would you take one reading or re-position the level for each subsequent shot?

As we have already seen on the agnos sample image there were three people at the base, did you shoot your image alone or did you have any assistance? Was it awkward or did you find yourself easily in control of the system?

I do like the different prospective these poles offer and feel the agnos system being such a reasonable price would fall well within most peoples budgets.

-------------

Nikon D70s, Sigma 8mm, Agnos MrotatorTShort, Photoshop CS, Panoweaver 3 & 4

Message posted by smooth on August-10-2006 at 12:45am
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Mediapix,

You are quite correct to use the highest level for best alignment.

But in the case of the telescopic Agnos pole this is not possible for obvious reasons. I attached the butterfly level to the highest point of the base pole and unlike what I have said a thousand times before YOU DO in this case need to re-level between shots. Not so much to keep the camera level but to keep the pole as vertical as possible. (It is a little hit and miss really) and close enough has too be good enough.

I managed to shoot the scene all by myself apart from my 5 year old daughter who you can see in the shot. (She hung on to the remote and passed it too me after I lifted the telescopic pole) But really I was making her feel important. Typically you would just place the remote into your pocket.

It is pretty simple one person operation if you have your thinking cap on.

I would suggest you will need some Photoshop experience to help with post production/stitching and the less windy the day the better.

For the money (cost outlay) vs what your business can then offer over the opposition I would say it's money well spent not to mention the interesting perspective you can now achieve with your shots. 

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by Crafty on August-10-2006 at 8:16am
View Crafty's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Crafty Search   Visit Crafty's Homepage www   Quote Crafty Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Crafty
Gold Member
Gold Member
United Kingdom
September-16-2005
127 Posts

I too have received my pole and am very pleased with it. Posted this in the equipment forum but will copy here

"

I have now received my "pole" and apart from a few minor things that I think could be improved upon in later models, I am VERY pleased with this bit of kit. I have done a sample here http://www.360panoramics.co.uk/workhouse.mov

The pole came in very useful as it allowed me to see over the front wall of the house - in  the ground level 360, the lower part of the house is obscured by the 8 foot wall at the front."

Dont know about the infra red remote though - if it goes to 6m in daylight I would be surprised but also you normally need to be in front of the camera to fire it?

Regards
Crafty

Message posted by VRtour.nl on August-10-2006 at 8:31am
View VRtour.nl's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by VRtour.nl Search   Visit VRtour.nl's Homepage www   Quote VRtour.nl Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
VRtour.nl
Gold Member
Gold Member
Netherlands
February-08-2004
170 Posts

WOW ! !

Looks really great! I hope I get some answer these days from Agnos. I am the owner of a d70+10.5 fisheye, and not for shore if it is possible to make full spherical panoramas with it.

Gr, Harry.

Message posted by smooth on August-10-2006 at 9:56am
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Harry,

You can make a full spherical image with the 10.5mm fisheye but you will have to shoot the zenith from ground level and cap the nadir.

You could get inventive and add the MrotatorTCPS on top of the MrotatorHD to allow you to shoot the zenith. I can't think of why that wouldn't work. (Weight could be an issue) you must make sure the telescopic tubes are locked tight. Shooting the nadir would be more difficult but no impossible with some thought.

You could just limit the "tilt" values! OK so not spherical but still impressive views can be shot.

Why not buy a Sigma 8mm for the D70 and start shooting a little more easily?

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by smooth on August-10-2006 at 9:59am
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Crafty,

Great view! Nice to see some blue sky from over your part of the world.

You have shown the house to it's best potential. Not something you could have done from ground level. Super job

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by Crafty on August-10-2006 at 10:34am
View Crafty's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Crafty Search   Visit Crafty's Homepage www   Quote Crafty Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Crafty
Gold Member
Gold Member
United Kingdom
September-16-2005
127 Posts
Thanks I now have the urge to go higher, higher...................

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register