Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: Manfrotto 303SPH , Nikon D70s, sigma 8mm Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by shariya on August-12-2006 at 2:12pm
View shariya's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by shariya Search   Quote shariya Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
shariya
Standard Member
Standard Member
Thailand
August-12-2006
9 Posts

I have had Manfrotto 303SPH , Nikon D70s, sigma 8mm combination.

I hope some one have the combination like me :-).

if so,could you please tell me a setting of Manfrotto 303SPH for the nodal point :-)

Ton of thank

Message posted by smooth on August-12-2006 at 2:54pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Just position the Gold Ring over the X and Y centre point of the tripod.

Use a simple plumb bob or a needle on a string and piece of tape. It is not the nodal point you want but the NPP (No Parallax Point) The nodal point "term" has been incorrectly used for years.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by shariya on August-12-2006 at 3:34pm
View shariya's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by shariya Search   Quote shariya Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
shariya
Standard Member
Standard Member
Thailand
August-12-2006
9 Posts

thank  4 you reply,am i a newbie.
i has a little confuse about a NPP of sigma 8mm,try to find it,i see from this link http://michel.thoby.free.fr/SIGMA8mm/Alpha%20test%20300D/Nodal%20point%20of%20SIGMA%208mm.html

it said that NPP is lolocated about 20mm further back toward the camera , do u have any i dea ??????

thank in advance :-)

Message posted by VRtour.nl on August-12-2006 at 3:57pm
View VRtour.nl's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by VRtour.nl Search   Visit VRtour.nl's Homepage www   Quote VRtour.nl Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
VRtour.nl
Gold Member
Gold Member
Netherlands
February-08-2004
170 Posts

I think this site is useful for you

Take a look @ http://www.duckware.com/nikond70/index.html

Gr, Harry

Message posted by simon on August-12-2006 at 9:15pm
View simon's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by simon Search   Visit simon's Homepage www   Quote simon Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
simon
Gold Member
Gold Member

January-14-2003
141 Posts

Shariya,
Michel's graph is a bit confusing. The 'npp' varies from the centre to the edge of the lens. The 12mm (gold ring) is the 'npp' for the centre of the lens etc The 20mm is the 'npp'  for the edge of the lens. Thus any 'npp' you use is a compromise but clearly 12-15mm ie around the 'gold ring' point covers the widest area of the lens (centre +/- 45 degrees) and is what most people use. Hope this makes sense.

Simon

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register