Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: Need Nikon D70s & 10.5mm Nikkor Images Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by Thatone1785 on August-13-2006 at 7:21pm
View Thatone1785's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Thatone1785 Search   Visit Thatone1785's Homepage www   Quote Thatone1785 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Thatone1785
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
June-10-2006
154 Posts

Can anyone send me the six pictures required (I don't have to have the top and bottom) to make a pano from the Nikon D70s & Nikkor 10.5mm please?

I would like to do some testing before I buy this setup - I am also open to any other equipment suggestions as well.  I am looking for high quality spherical or cylindrical output from a good digital SLR camera.

Thank You - Email: will@virtualhomeshow.net

Message posted by Gen. Lee on August-13-2006 at 9:20pm
View Gen. Lee's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Gen. Lee Search   Quote Gen. Lee Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Gen. Lee
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-15-2005
372 Posts

I guess you want the images to test the quality of this setup??

Problem is you didn't take the images. Your quality is dependant upon the exposures you take and the post processing methods you use. Stitching is irrelevant. Panoweaver will do the job provided you have a properly setup rotator.

I have seen totally botched panos from every kind of setup. Usually due to poor photographic techinque and either no photoshop work or doing it the wrong way.

I use this setup (D70s+Nikkor 10.5mm). Here is an example of what "I" can do. I have seen work better than this by others more magical than me.......LOL
http://www.northwestflorida.com/virtual_tours/blake_morar/2130_seaside/index.html

This is a similar thread but it shows what can be done with an experienced photographer behind the lens. See the very last post where Smooth shows an example. He is using a coolpix 5000(5mp camera) with a Nikkor FC-E8 lens.
http://www.easypano.com/forum/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=1&TopicID=2256&PagePosition=1

The Nikkor 10.5mm is an awsome lens. It produces better qualtiy "optically" than the quite execellant Sigma 8mm. However there is a difference in how this is accomplished due to the different optical qualities of both lenses....drum vs full frame fisheye. Its 6+T+B vs 4 drum.

The sigma 8mm is easier to shoot becasue it requires only 4 images and you get a full spherical with no issues with the top and bottom. The Nikkor requires 6 min plus the top and bottom if you want a total 360. However you will notice there is no top and bottom in my example and that is because of time vs price issues in lower priced real estate tours. I do include top and bottom on higher priced jobs such as vacation rental etc.

If you want to see what can be done with almost any setup take a look at the world wide pano event. This showcases pano photographers from around the world using everything from a Canon Mark II ($8000 full frame CMOS) to the classic coolpix 950 2mp camera.
http://geoimages.berkeley.edu/wwp/index.html

If you are totally quality driven then pick the Nikkor 10.5. As it is superior optically but comes with the trade off of being a bit more finicky to master in shooting technique. If you want to do great panos with less problems is shooting then pick the Sigma 8mm. I am sure someone will post a pano example shot with the Sigma.

General Lee

Message posted by Thatone1785 on August-21-2006 at 12:33am
View Thatone1785's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Thatone1785 Search   Visit Thatone1785's Homepage www   Quote Thatone1785 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Thatone1785
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
June-10-2006
154 Posts

Gen Lee,

Thank you for your response!

I like you demo for real estate - You quality is great and I agree, I would take more time to create an amazing image for commercial purposes.  However, I'm making a living off of mostly real estate tours at the moment.  I just got the 10.5mm lens and the camera will be here tomorrow.

Would you be willing to share a range (or set) of camera settings that you use to get good, quick real estate panoramas? I'm a bit behind on my work because my last camera broke and need to get started quickly with my new D70s & Nikkor 10.5mm setup.  - I also just got the Agnos MRotator TCP short... So if you have the settings for properly placing the camera on that rotater, that would be helpful as well!

Thank You! - will@virtualhomeshow.net

Message posted by use2bkewl on August-25-2006 at 1:24am
View use2bkewl's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by use2bkewl Search   Quote use2bkewl Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
use2bkewl
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
August-16-2005
62 Posts
Please General Lee I too would like to know your settings used on this tour. especially any photomatix settings you use. Really would be appreciated.

Message posted by use2bkewl on August-25-2006 at 1:26am
View use2bkewl's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by use2bkewl Search   Quote use2bkewl Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
use2bkewl
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
August-16-2005
62 Posts
I would like to get my windows that clear and the walls as bright as yours

Message posted by spinem on August-25-2006 at 12:43pm
View spinem's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by spinem Search   Quote spinem Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
spinem
Gold Member
Gold Member

February-02-2005
180 Posts

Question about Nikon D2X when used with a 10.5 lens, how many shots required to make a complete panorama? (including top shots).
can anyone plz link me to sample files?

Message posted by smooth on August-25-2006 at 2:10pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

It will exactly the same as the D50, D70, D100, D200 and D1X all have the same size sensors in dimensions and thus the 1.5 cropping/multiplying factor. Using Panoweaver 4.0 you will need 6+TB.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by spinem on August-25-2006 at 7:28pm
View spinem's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by spinem Search   Quote spinem Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
spinem
Gold Member
Gold Member

February-02-2005
180 Posts
I was just looking at this website and thus i started wondering...
walkingwithaids.info

amazing work. best quality panoramas i have ever seen in the past couple years.

Message posted by spinem on August-25-2006 at 7:28pm
spinem
Gold Member
Gold Member

February-02-2005
180 Posts
if anyone know any similar websites please link me. :)

Message posted by use2bkewl on August-27-2006 at 2:26pm
use2bkewl
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
August-16-2005
62 Posts
Anyone Seen Gen .Lee or know any photomatix techniques for good windows?

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register