Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: Copy Rights question... Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by spinem on August-16-2006 at 6:49pm
View spinem's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by spinem Search   Quote spinem Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
spinem
Gold Member
Gold Member

February-02-2005
180 Posts
hey all,

So I worked for five months on an Interactive CD for my friend that also include virtual tours. my friend took pictures of three locations with a tiny p&s camera, all pictures where out of focus and very very bad. and were later on stitched by me to produce a poor quality panorama. (i did better with my cellphone!)
those three locations were mixed with the other 6 shot by me and placed in the interactive tour that include interactive maps, videos... and many other cool stuff... all made by me.

now, i'm doing this for my friend for free. and my friend is planning to write in the Author Biography "She is greatly interest in photography and has joined many photography courses between 2001- 2004. The interest has progress into a membership at ###### photography club in 2002 and as a supervision committee member in 2003. She has scored several prizes in national and international photography competitions.   "

Now I feel violated.

So, what should I write on the CD about my self? She asked me to write anything i want about my self. but if three bad panoramas worth all of that, then I should include a whole book about me!

Message posted by 360texas on August-16-2006 at 7:02pm
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

You might consider giving credit due.  Write about your own work effort. 

Be sure to say those 3 pictures were taken by her so everyone will not be confused.  Unless she transfered the copyright to you in writing.. she retains the the copyright.

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by spinem on August-17-2006 at 6:24am
View spinem's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by spinem Search   Quote spinem Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
spinem
Gold Member
Gold Member

February-02-2005
180 Posts
hello,
thanks for your post. Any idea who to write this credits?

Message posted by 360texas on August-17-2006 at 8:26am
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

Sure - your friend

"my friend took pictures of three locations with a tiny p&s camera, all pictures where out of focus and very very bad. and were later on stitched by me to produce a poor quality panorama. (i did better with my cellphone!)"

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by Gen. Lee on August-17-2006 at 2:11pm
View Gen. Lee's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Gen. Lee Search   Quote Gen. Lee Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Gen. Lee
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-15-2005
372 Posts

I would make your credit the "headliner" credit and then cut here credit back to "contributor of some panos". You did all the work so it should be your billing not hers. If she wants bigger credit then give here some title like "production manager" or something.

You have show a difference between who did the design and photography and who did not.

Sounds like you got sort of conned....LOL....I have had people try this with me before. They contribute some little thing and try to take credit for all of it. The crappy panos probably should have not been allowed on the CD.

I did some work...actually a very big job for a designer and she did the same thing to me. She took all the headline credit and buried mine in the depths of the website. To the normal person it looked like she did all the photograpy too. Which is exactly what she wanted.....to take credit for my work so she could start her own pano business.

When it comes to credit I get what I want or I dont do the job....period. I had a very experienced photographer tell me "forget the credit, just get the money". That is bunk thinking.

You need to put your foot down about this.

Message posted by zxcvbnm on August-17-2006 at 5:12pm
View zxcvbnm's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by zxcvbnm Search   Quote zxcvbnm Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
zxcvbnm
Gold Member
Gold Member

September-16-2005
156 Posts
If she is your friend then talk it out with her.

I have no idea what happened obviously but creative production counts for something as well. Was the cd her idea? You may have done 90% of the technical stuff but would you have done it without her? I don't know again. But talk to her and say how you are feeling. If she is your friend do you actually mind giving her a leg up, discuss what you both want to get out of this. Perhaps the description can say how she had her vision and you implemented it for her.

Really the death of many business's and ventures is festering until it all blows up, and one day people look back and wonder why did we throw all that away?

Message posted by spinem on August-18-2006 at 11:15am
spinem
Gold Member
Gold Member

February-02-2005
180 Posts
thanks all for your reply. she's okay with me writing anything i want about my self on the disc. so i guess i'll try to think of something now :p

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register