Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: Best camera Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by prb16 on September-06-2006 at 5:18am
View prb16's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by prb16 Search   Visit prb16's Homepage www   Quote prb16 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
prb16
Standard Member
Standard Member
Spain
May-29-2006
138 Posts
Hi to all,

I am a newcomer to the Easypano forums and as I am mainly self taught and a one man band, I have found the information and advice that has been shared invaluable over the past months. A big thanks to you all.

I would be interested in anybodies views on what camera(s) would give the best quality spherical shots. I am at present using a cp8400 with fc-e9 fisheye lens and MrotatorB which gives reasonable results but I may consider upgrading in the near future as I want to try and improve the quality of my panoramas for high res full screen viewing. I also take stills so the cp8400 is great for internals but not the best to use for external panoramas.

1. Is there a camera that is better to use with the fc-e9 lens?

2. If I buy new, what camera and lens would be best to give a marked improvement without breaking the bank?

3. If on a fairly large budget, what would be the best camera etc?

Thanks in advance,

Paul.

Message posted by RuddersUK on September-06-2006 at 8:10am
View RuddersUK's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by RuddersUK Search   Visit RuddersUK's Homepage www   Quote RuddersUK Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
RuddersUK
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United Kingdom
July-16-2004
372 Posts
We used to use the CP8400 with FCE8 But upgraded to a canon 350d & peleng 8mm this is one of the cheapest DSLR upgrade options and we found the quality improvement significant. This is very noticable in the reduction in 'noise' in the images and not needing such a big FOV to compensation in the pano's

heres s a test 4 + top shot using the canon & 8mm & Nodal Ninja 3 pano head

CLICKY

Obviously though you could spend 1000's on camera/lens/panohead combos.

Message posted by 360texas on September-06-2006 at 10:07am
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

The mark of a well done panorama is the Panorama Head view.  It tells you how well the pan head has been aligned with the No Parallax Point.  Once the pan head view looks like this one.. All other seam stitches fall into place.  Its not magic - it is photographers skill at work.

Excellent alignment on RuddersUK  clicky.

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by RuddersUK on September-06-2006 at 6:49pm
View RuddersUK's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by RuddersUK Search   Visit RuddersUK's Homepage www   Quote RuddersUK Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
RuddersUK
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United Kingdom
July-16-2004
372 Posts
Don't you make me blush! could be better though.. that was prob the 2nd or 3rd time id tested the NN3 so things have got a bit more accurate now.. Following in your footsteps jedi texas pano master

Message posted by prb16 on September-07-2006 at 3:58pm
View prb16's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by prb16 Search   Visit prb16's Homepage www   Quote prb16 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
prb16
Standard Member
Standard Member
Spain
May-29-2006
138 Posts
Thanks Rudders for the advice and sample.

The Canon 350d looks pretty good. I will be seriously looking at this camera and attachments for my next upgrade.

I'm in danger of straying of the beaten path here but I have viewed quite a few of your pano's and one of my favourites is the Whitby shot on the steps leading up to the Abbey, steps I have trodden many times, my question is; in quite a few of your pano's you have patched the floor perfectly. I just wondered what methods/techniques you have used to achieve this.

Thanks to you as well Dave,

It's image quality I am aiming to improve for full screen pano's, I feel the cp8400 & fisheye lens is not up to that level due to the soft lens.

Many thanks,

Paul.

Message posted by 360texas on September-07-2006 at 4:32pm
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

I just posted 2 flash animations that depict the Agno's Rings.  The first one on this page is just the Mrotator RingT 8s and the Rotator.

Over under the Canon 350d section find the (flash 550kb) text entry and the TCPshort +RingT8s (for Sigma 8mm) combination will be displayed.  Its also a Flash animation.

Other reports follow as soon as I get them all collected.

http://www.360texas.com/services/software/agnos/index.htm

ED Note:  I found a way to adjust the file size of the Flash Animation from 1.6m down to 550kb.

Dave

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by prb16 on September-08-2006 at 5:10am
prb16
Standard Member
Standard Member
Spain
May-29-2006
138 Posts
Canon have just launched the 10.1mp EOS 400d. I have e-mailed Canon regarding lens and adaptor compatibilty for the peleng 8mm, I will post the reply when I get it unless anyone else has any info.

Paul.

Message posted by RuddersUK on September-08-2006 at 5:19am
RuddersUK
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United Kingdom
July-16-2004
372 Posts
Hi Paul,
most of the shots you saw on that site were done with a nikon 4500 or 8400.. so the quality in incomparable to the canon..

Patching the tripod is very easy if you have a plain surface texture. You can simply clone it out in photoshop. more complicated surface texture may require an extra shot to patch it up but generally we dont take it unless we really have too.

The peleng should work fine with the 400d, as far as im aware the main difference to the 350 is just a sensor & general firmware upgrade. Also its currently about 300 dearer than the 350 for only and extra 2mp..

Message posted by prb16 on September-08-2006 at 7:12am
prb16
Standard Member
Standard Member
Spain
May-29-2006
138 Posts
Hi Rudders,

Thanks again for a prompt response and good advice.

Paul.

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register