Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: logo as tour is loading Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by Susz on September-07-2006 at 10:57am
View Susz's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Susz Search   Quote Susz Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Susz
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Kingdom
March-28-2006
33 Posts
Can someone please explain how to replace the Easypano logo with your own when a Panoweaver tour is loading? Is it possible to replace the Easypano logo or do you have to use Tourweaver to do it? I have not explored Tourweaver yet, but that's the next step.

Message posted by 360texas on September-07-2006 at 11:26am
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

Using PTviewer.jar  panorama viewer you can add these code strings to the list of applet parameters

<PARAM name = wait value = "../util/loading.jpg">

Where ../util  is the location of your loading.jpg image. In this case folder is located 1 folder up from the current html page.

Where loading.jpg image is a jpeg the physical size of your viewer window.. like 300 x 400.  So your loading picture should also be 300 x 400.

You should also add

<PARAM name = bar_x value = 80>
 <PARAM name = bar_y value = 150>
 <PARAM name = bar_width value = 250>
 <PARAM name = bar_height value = 5>
 <PARAM name = barcolor value = 800000>

Where the starting location of the loading progress bar begins from upper left corner of your 300 high x 400 wide applet window..

and X is 80 pixels from the upper left corner going over to the right 80 pixels.

and Y is 150 pixels down from the top

and bar width is the length 250 pixels long

and bar height is the 5 pixel thickness

and bar color is the hexidecmil color 800000 which in this case is dark red.

Hope this helps

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by mediaPix on September-07-2006 at 1:28pm
View mediaPix's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by mediaPix Search   Visit mediaPix's Homepage www   Quote mediaPix Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
mediaPix
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Kingdom
June-19-2004
69 Posts

Hi Susz

Which Panoweaver are you using P3 or P4?

With P3 I created my own wait.gif image and simply replaced the easypano wait.gif image.

If you are using P4 then I'm in the same boat. You can change the loading image using Tourweaver, but like you I don't use Tourweaver. I've recently posted a few Q's on how to work around this but as yet no success. Danny at easypano had suggested a way around it but I didnt have any success with it.

Ref Post:

http://www.easypano.com/forum/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=1&TopicID=2242&PagePosition=2

http://www.easypano.com/forum/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=6&TopicID=2328&PagePosition=1

Ragards

-------------

Nikon D70s, Sigma 8mm, Agnos MrotatorTShort, Photoshop CS, Panoweaver 3 & 4

Message posted by tturner on September-08-2006 at 12:58am
View tturner's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by tturner Search   Quote tturner Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
tturner
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
March-09-2005
67 Posts

Greetings All:

I too now want to get rid of the Easypano logos.  I was using PW3 and would replace the Easypano logo with my company logo or my clients logo.  I was pleased with PW4 using the trial demo and upgraded this week to the new version.  With it being a trial version, I was not able to publish with it so I published using PW3 during a previous post.  I have not yet tried the techniques suggested in the previous post but was wondering if anyone else has and did they have any good results.  I am surprised that Easypano changed the loading screen practice because I thought that with the Professional Edition you were using it for "professional" reasons.  This is for my business and is not acceptable the way it is now if there is not an easy way to put in your own logos.  I am also surprised that this made it past the Beta testing was done.  If I had been testing it I would have thrown in a red flag.  So since I am on my soapbox, I have not yet found out how to size or better yet see the size of my files once I compress them for JPEG with PW4.  In PW3 as you adjusted the slider it told you what your file size would be at that compression setting.  For some of my business the file size is very important because of bandwidth issues.  I guess I can stitch my new 8mm lens in PW4 and publish in PW3.

Not happy right now...
TTurner

link to latest PW4 image (with the logo BOOO)... and thank you again Smooth for the CS2 settings

www.turnerimaging.com/pumphouse2/pumphouse2.htm

Message posted by smooth on September-08-2006 at 3:33am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Hey TT,

Mate, LOL I got a kick out of that!

About the loading screen.

I do see where you coming from on this and yes I think it would have made sense to have the ability to change the loading screen. (PW5.0 should fix this!)

You must understand some things about PW3 and PW4. The applet used in PW3 was the FREE source PTViewer from Panotools and you can do all adjustments you like within the scope of that (Panotools) software. (You didn't buy it with PW3, it was supplied as an extra at no charge) When PW4 was released it was the first time with Easypano's own Applet technology and was new to all of us.

You can stitch with PW4 and save the panorama image and then import the finished image into PW3 and publish with PTViewer is you wish. You can even use PTViewer Stitcher software from Easypano for even more options. Or you can use any other publishing software you like. I.E: Omniviewer, Quicktime, Immervision, VRToolbox etc.....

What must be noted from my own personal experience is that using the "internal" image compression doesn't yield the best results. There is much better software for this. Like www.kissmyimage.com or simply Photoshop and/or some Photoshop plug-ins.

Panoweaver is primarily a "stitcher" and the compression and publishing features are just little bonuses to get you started.

For the full Easypano experience you really need it's partner Tourweaver where all aspects of Easypano's applet is realised.

For me Panoweaver is a stitcher and a good one at that but this is just the starting point for making the final VR tour.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by tturner on September-08-2006 at 7:24pm
View tturner's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by tturner Search   Quote tturner Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
tturner
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
March-09-2005
67 Posts

Glad you liked the last pano Smooth...

I have purchased TW but have not yet gotten into it just working my way through the upgrade to PW4 first.  I was just surprised that things I was used to on version 3 had changed for version 4.  For some jobs the time to profit ratio is small, so the less time spend changing between programs then the more dollars/hr you are making for your work.  Smooth, I did make my upgrade and TW purchase through your site.  I hope this helps out your dollars/hr ratio.  So to close this out for me I guess there is not an easy solution to the wait screen problem until the version 5 upgrade.

TTurner  

Message posted by smooth on September-09-2006 at 3:19am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Mate, thank you for the purchase it all certainly helps. I hope you think I have repaid the support. I personally do not know of an easier way to change the loader screen in version 4.0.

I though the post by Danny shed some light on the subject but nobody here has made it work that has shown us the way.

Version 5.0 I'm sure will have a better way. Until then use the simply work arounds.

Regards, Smooth

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register