Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: Worldwide Panorama 20-24Sept 2006 Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by 360texas on September-11-2006 at 4:04pm
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts
Thought I would mention that the World Wide Panorama Event is sponsored by the University of California at Berkely.

This event is "Transportation"

Panoramas must be taken between 20 and 24 September. After which there is a week to stitch and upload.

The previous nine events have created a showcase of VR photography, with 2327 panoramas by 694 photographers from 73 countries. The World Wide Panorama represents everyone in the VR community, from first-timers to professional photographers.

More information maybe found at Arrow

http://geoimages.berkeley.edu/wwp/practical/NextEvent.html

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by mgora1 on September-12-2006 at 8:44am
View mgora1's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by mgora1 Search   Visit mgora1's Homepage www   Quote mgora1 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
mgora1
Gold Member
Gold Member

June-14-2005
117 Posts
Thanks Dave!

-------------
Matthew

www.VirtualVue.com

Message posted by danny on September-13-2006 at 3:43am
View danny's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by danny Search   Quote danny Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
danny
Standard Member
Standard Member

April-06-2006
69 Posts
count me in,Sir

-------------
Easypano, Inc.

Message posted by Gen. Lee on September-19-2006 at 4:42pm
View Gen. Lee's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Gen. Lee Search   Quote Gen. Lee Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Gen. Lee
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-15-2005
372 Posts

Yep, I will be there to this time. I like this theme. I am glad they didnt pick some of the themes the considered. I think this time I can do something creative.

General Lee

Message posted by 360texas on September-24-2006 at 10:32am
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

Today is September 24, 2006.  Last day to take your "Transportation" panorama.  The next week you will can stitch your work and upload it to the University Server.

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by pixelator on September-25-2006 at 7:53pm
View pixelator's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by pixelator Search   Visit pixelator's Homepage www   Quote pixelator Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
pixelator
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
April-21-2005
502 Posts

Purchased photo gear and Panoweaver a little over a year ago.  Since that time I have at best produced maybe 1/2 dozen panos.  Over the past three days I have had a crash course on how too's reading forums such as this.   I do have a pano for the transportation theme.  I am however not pleased with the quality of image.  I did shoot in RAW, processed in PSCS2 (camera RAW), "sized down", just loosing quality in image compared to those on forums such as this.  Sorry, this will probably not view in firefox, I have somemore studies to do.  Anyways any and all comments are welcome.

I called it Bird House
http://360virtuals.com/birdhouse/pano0.html

Message posted by smooth on September-26-2006 at 1:32am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Would need more information on your procedure to help point you in the right direction. The quality is not right based on your equipment.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by 360texas on September-26-2006 at 8:41am
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

PIX-  Thats good enough for the WWP - Make sure that the file dimensions and file size meet the required criteria for the big and small panorama.   UPload it today please when you get a minute.

Is that the hanger you showed me on Google Earth last year?

Ah   white floor hanger - helps get bounced light under the aircraft for maintenance.  We built a government small aircraft hanger several years back.  Getting that white paint spread evenly was a really big task. 

How high was the skylift ?

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by pixelator on September-26-2006 at 2:42pm
View pixelator's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by pixelator Search   Visit pixelator's Homepage www   Quote pixelator Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
pixelator
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
April-21-2005
502 Posts

Looking some better.  Pano2QTVR is by far the way to go.  Started with my RAW files converting them to .tiff.  Opened with PW4, set stitch to 7000x3000.  Ran through PSCS2.  Opened .bmp in Pano2QTVR and now have a full screen pano at less than a mg while retaining a high quality  

I now that I have some stitch errors and belive it is due to the nodal still being off just a tick.  However, I am much pleased with the results that came today.

@dave
Yep that is the hangar.  Also I have already uploaded to the WWP just have not hit the button for finished yet.  I was merely on top of the Falcon in the middle, no skylift.

Any ways, thanks again for the help and diriction

http://360virtuals.com/birdhouse/small_bh.htm

Message posted by 360texas on October-06-2006 at 2:28pm
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

Today is last next to last day to submit your QTVR panorama to the WWP.

I just finished uploading ours.

The WWP Preparation Server is:

http://128.32.102.88:8090/gen/

As of 6 September, at 13h20 or 1:20pm GMT -6 Central Texas Time :

When I uploaded ours.. it said There is 1 day 19 hours and 34 minutes and 39 seconds remaining  opps make that 17 seconds - 

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register